Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters installed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters installed!

well, i installed my coated pacesetters & ORY last night....took exactly 4 hours. I was suprised how easy and smoothly it all went. all I had to remove were plugs, wires, oil filter, and
front 2 coils on pass side to get them in. the hardest part was getting the air injection hoses to line up correctly. I have it running through my stock muffler for daily driving and have an electric cutout for play . It sounds evil through the cutout, but definitely too much for the street. I've got that damn ypipe rattling when i get on it.....guess i'll be putting polyurethane mounts in next week. I reeeaaallllyyy wish that I had changed my mounts while the headers were off....they were riigghhht there!! oh well.
So, what should i do next???? i'm think'n cam or nitrous.

kevin
Silver Formula M6
free mods, lid/k&n, pacesetter lt's, cutout.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get a catback dude. I know the cutout's fun, but since you're not leaving it open all the time, you'll still need something that flows better than the factory muffler. Otherwise, your headers are worthless unless you have the cutout open.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Teching In

i know a catback would help but i like the idea of my car being able to sound somewhat stock when i want it to.

kevin
Silver Formula M6
Old 08-18-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KRETZ11
i know a catback would help but i like the idea of my car being able to sound somewhat stock when i want it to.

kevin
Silver Formula M6
SLP dual dual is supposed to be nearly as quiet as stock, and flow nicely. I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
SLP dual dual is supposed to be nearly as quiet as stock, and flow nicely. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Even with longtubes and off road y-pipe the dual/dual is pretty quiet. The hooker and magnaflow aren't far behind in terms of being quiet and all three flow very well.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:20 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

4 hours is pretty impressive, Congrats on the install . Magnaflow is an awesome catback, its sounds so good with an ory . Its also one of the most free flowing catbacks.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS6 if you don't already have it
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

I'd definitely go with some intake stuff if you like your exhasut setup. I respect you view on being able to go from quiet with the stock exhaust to wide open with the cutout. That's cool...man.