Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which headers

i've got a stock 99 SS. and eventually i'm gonna do the ls1-ls6 swap. so i was wondering what kind of headers i should go with and should i true dual it or not? i'm gonna do exhuast first because i'm happy with the motor for now, it will get me plenty of speeding tickets the way it sits. the guy who owned it before me had magna flow exhaust on it... can i get the loud mouth muffler some place. i dont want the whole system i just want the muffler and center exit tips. thanks guys. i new to this so sorry if i sound like a moron
Old 08-20-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Couple of things.

1) Loudmouth does not have any mufflers. If you go with Headers, you do not want the SLP, it will be very raspy and loud, *especially* if you get an ORYP.

2) The magnaflow will probably be a very good bet to keep, but if you want the tips, you can go to a local muffler shop to get them to fabricate some tips that look like the CME, but I don't think it looks all that great w/o the OEM body kit.

3) True dual is the best way to make HP, but it will be very loud. If you don't care about loudness, get the TSP True Dual system.

www.ls1sounds.com <---go there

4) Do a search for headers, it has been discussed more than anything. QTP/Kooks are the best, but the most money while Pacesetters are the cheapest, but with anything you pay for what you get.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Go to ls1sounds.com ^^ They have everything in one place. I have FLP's and the B&B exhaust and like the sound. Its a little too mild for some. The center mount exhaust is sweet. SLP sells it. I have also seen some in the for sale section here. Ebay also has some from time to time.