Meador Chrysler in FT. Worth (could someone help me out, pls)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Meador Chrysler in FT. Worth (could someone help me out, pls)

Hi, can someone do me a HUGE favor. I'm looking for a 1988 pontiac fiero, automatic, with a 4cyl. Meador Chrysler in FT. Worth, Texas has one on their lot. Because I'm in Hawaii, I'm having a hard time getting in contact with a sales guy that'll take me seriously.
Could someone go down and examine the vehicle for me? ie walk around, test drive, pictures and impressions? I'd be able to compensate via paypal, if need be (gas, food, putting up with the sales guy). Please reply ASAP in the post, or PM, or email at firebird1388@yahoo.com
Old 08-22-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Christian has already responded, but just in case, BUMP
Old 08-22-2005, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope Andrew (Camaroholic) doesn't see this thread, or he will go buy that car
Old 08-22-2005, 02:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

Hey, I drove my 85 GT to work today. So bite me. It gets twice the gas mileage my Suburban does.

Now, this car was where? I've got 3 of 'em, might make room for one more...

(j/k, good luck man)
Old 08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
LMAO!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroholic

Hey, I drove my 85 GT to work today. So bite me. It gets twice the gas mileage my Suburban does.

(j/k, good luck man)
AACK, you collect fieros? Help me out, oh well, my luck for being in the middle of the ocean

Nah, KLRWS6 from that area said he'd take a look. I'm dying for a fun daily driver that won't eat up my gas or send my insurance through the roof. I don't suppose you have any 4cyl auto Fieros? Any with T-tops?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

At least you got a nive view there in Kaneohe Fenix

Ft worth isn't too far for me.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Naah, I don't collect 'em. I have 2 parts cars (they're junk, seriously, junk), and 1 parts car (the 85 GT) that I pulled parts from the other 2 cars and got running (so it's 1 level above junk - looks like junk, but runs and drives OK, and has passed my personal safety inspection [brakes, lights, horn, e-brake, wipers, door locks, trunk opener, etc all work now]). I bought all 3 for $1000 total. Just started driving the car last week, so far averaging 25 mpg (with a lot of engine-idling time while working on the car, so hopefully it'll be a little higher). Sure beats my 3/4 ton Suburban daily driver in that regards, tho. The 'burb was getting about 12-13 mpg. And I drive at least 150 miles a week to/from work. Hopefully it'll save enough on gas to at least cover the extra car on the insurance. Plus they're funky little cars, don't see 'em very often any more. I put my '98 Camaro seats in it, they bolted right up.

When checking a Fiero, be sure to check the following:

-headlight motors work? ($50 ea to repair)
-door window dew wipes OK? (they rot... fast... $150 to replace with new set)
-wiper motor work OK? (common failure)
-dash lights working? (if not, transistor under dash probably has dirty contacts)
-check the coolant tubes that run up either side of the car (large steel tubes). Have they been crushed anywhere? They're very vulnerable to hitting objects or if someone gets stupid with a lift, they'll crush them. They can't be replaced in one piece without removing the entire front suspension. You can splice a couple together with rubber radiator hose tho ( ) Just can't easily replace the part that goes up-n-over the front suspension.
-check the emergency brake and cables. VERY common for it to be broken. Not cheap to fix (rear calipers aren't cheap). Thank God for parts cars.
-if the speakers are stock, they're rotted and will need replacing.
-check the heater core under the dash... all 3 of my parts cars were leaking.

I had to replace all of the above on my car to get it running (along with the engine, tranny, wiring harness, center console, door panels, carpet, headliner, etc). Fortunately my parts cars have been providing most of the parts. The only stuff I bought were new brake lines, window dew wipes, sunroof glass grommets, headliner material, heater core, and a radio antenna grommet.

Last edited by Camaroholic; 08-23-2005 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

KLRWS6 just found out that the car was taken to auction last week Man, I wish these dealerships would update their ads.

If anyone knows of a dencent '88 fiero with a 4 cyl and auto, please contact me. I'm seriously ready to get it.

Camaroholic, thank you for the advice, I'll copy/paste that into my fiero to list
Old 08-23-2005, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaroholic

(j/k, good luck man)
amen to that... i drive my '88 formula fiero to work (approx. 90 miles round trip).
much better gas than my suburban.
i've got two of them (formulas), looking for an '88 GT.

Originally Posted by FenixSS
If anyone knows of a dencent '88 fiero with a 4 cyl and auto, please contact me. I'm seriously ready to get it.
does the car have to be from the DFW area?
www.fastfieros.com
www.pennocks.nl
Old 08-23-2005, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dang, that stinks. Sorry you missed out on it.

I feel I must ask, why the 4- and the auto? If you want gas mileage, the manual tranny is where it's at. I think it's worth a good 5 mpg over the auto. I've heard of 4-bangers with the manual trans getting 40+ mpg on highway hauls. Though autos are (IMO) far easier to find.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, sad to say that I don't know how to drive a manual transmission. 4 banger cuz I'd get a discount on my insurance, (since I paid in full, and there's a multi-car discount, they'll actually be paying me to ADD a second car). If I get a formula or GT, it raises my insurance between $300-$400. Not much, but hey penny pinching is where it's at, lol. I've tried contacting the many owners via GOOGLE searches, pennocks is where I'm watching one right now, but it seems when I email or call these people up, they think I'm a scammer, or at least not serious about buying. For example, everything's good until they hear where I'm from, Hawaii, and then it's like they're no longer interested in helping me. Maybe it's just me. Also, shipping is another concern; Texas, California, are pretty cheap. I've found some nice one's in NY, Florida, Illinois (fierofocus.com) and shipping is outrageous. But I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for your help, hope you'll keep me in mind if you find anything like what I'm looking for.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, if my wife can drive a manual tranny car shouldn't be a problem for ya.

Either way, I'll keep my eyes open. I also see 'em pop up from time to time on Craigslist.org - free classifieds (when you're talking a $1500 car, free classifieds is the likely avenue for advertising).

That'd cost a lot to ship to HI, though, wouldn't it? Like $800 at least...
Old 08-24-2005, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

i'll keep my eyes open also...

i'm looking for an '88 4cyl 5-speed for the gas mileage.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6camaro9
i'll keep my eyes open also...

i'm looking for an '88 4cyl 5-speed for the gas mileage.
I've seen many, where do you live, I'll send you the links that I've come across.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FenixSS
I've seen many, where do you live, I'll send you the links that I've come across.
i'm in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area.

thanks...