Creatine?? Good or Bad???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Creatine?? Good or Bad???

I started working out 2 weeks ago and i was just wondering if it is worth it. and what does it help you do, i went to gnc and there was a lady working there that didnt know anything about it, like she was just there for a check, so i know some of you know a thing or two about working out and drinks and things to improve on. thanks guys in advance
Old 08-23-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Can you tell a diff?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Im on NO-explode right now and that stuff really helps you focus and concentrate on your workout. It has creatine and caffeine in it and youll be working out for atleast 2 hours or more. Ive been using it for about 2 weeks and have seen real good gains, and have a bunch of friends that are on it and the only side effects is not being able to sleep for like 4 hours after you take it, which is normal because it has alot of caffeine in it.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

well as of now i have worked out for an hour and a half to two hours without energy drinks, but as for strenght have you felt like you can do more?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

creatine retains more water in you, so if ur cutting or dont want to look bloated dont take it. yea it does help with strength gains. if ur gonna get some, get a clean version, none of that premixed or extra stuff added in. what u want to take it with is dextrose, which is sugar. also dont do the loading phase of 20g like it says on the instructions, your body can only handle about 5g a day. anymore u take, you will **** it out and waste your money. alot of people are on this stuff year round. u must drink alot of water when using creatine. i usually drink a gallon of water per workout with my creatine shake drank right b4 the workout. if u dont drink alot of water, u will get kidney stones which hurt like a b*tch. also i dont take 5g a day, just 5g on just the days i lift. IMO you should have a workout notebook to log all your progress and each week add weight to the excersices. when u hit a plateau, and cant gain anymore, then start using creatine.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Its ok to take. It wont hurt anything, but its not going to make a huge difference. Nothing you can buy legally will make a big difference. Even the prohormones that used to be legal, but are now illegal werent worth a damn. Get some and add it to your protein shakes. Protein and creatine are the only things on the shelves that are worth buying. Everything else is just hype.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gabeg94z
I started working out 2 weeks ago and i was just wondering if it is worth it. and what does it help you do, i went to gnc and there was a lady working there that didnt know anything about it, like she was just there for a check, so i know some of you know a thing or two about working out and drinks and things to improve on. thanks guys in advance

Depends on what your goals are. If you want to lose weight I definitely would not want to take creatine. If your wanting to gain weight then it will help you do that. It helps you get that last rep or 2 during a workout which is where the real gains are. Creatine to my knowledge is safe to use....

Take creatine along with HMB and you'll put on muscle fast. It's expensive though...

Since your just beginning though, I would not use any supplements for awhile. Get your routine and discipline down for the next 6 months or so, then hit the supplements. Just my .02.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i want to lose weight and gain muscle, i might have to start on dieting first and then start taking something after a while, does that sound right?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Banned

yeah i want to lose weight and gain muscle, i might have to start on dieting first and then start taking something after a while, does that sound right?

Try HMB alone then....but you have to work out hard on it.

I knew I guy that did just that. He was overweight, then starting taking HMB while working out and he slimmed down pretty quick.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know a little about working out or what not, and my experience with creatine is that once i was off of it my muscles werent as hard as i thought they would be. They seemed kind of soft for the size they were. I was taking my creatine with protein which like mentioned above is the only thing worth buying. I would agree with the above also that work out naturally(without supp) to the point were you see no more gains then look into some. All in all just make sure you know what you are taking because if you dont, you just get sucked into taking all kinds of crap that isnt needed.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:48 PM
TECH Resident

I will tell you this.......professional BBer's dont try to gain muscle mass and lose weight at the same time. Burning fat=burning muscle, plus you remove from your diet the things that are needed to build muscle. if you need size then gain size, fat and all. If you just want to be cut, then lose the fat, but dont be surprised when you lose muscle and get a little weaker.

All pro bodybuilders gain fat while they are trying to gain muscle. They take in massive amounts of calories,carbs and protien, and cut out all cardio exercise like running etc while they are trying to bulk. After that they work on cutting down the fat WHILE retaining as much muscle as possible. A lot of Pro's will generally lose 40-50 pounds trying to get into contest condition; some fat, some muscle, and some water. However they will lose less muscle than a natural person would do to the drugs they use(illegal types). Basically you have to decide what you need to lose or gain the most. If your a really obese person, id concentrate on losing the fat, if your really skinny id concentrate on gaining mass(fat included), if your in the middle-take your pick.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

www.t-nation.com
Old 08-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Formerly MagRedC5

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
creatine retains more water in you, so if ur cutting or dont want to look bloated dont take it. yea it does help with strength gains. if ur gonna get some, get a clean version, none of that premixed or extra stuff added in. what u want to take it with is dextrose, which is sugar. also dont do the loading phase of 20g like it says on the instructions, your body can only handle about 5g a day. anymore u take, you will **** it out and waste your money. alot of people are on this stuff year round. u must drink alot of water when using creatine. i usually drink a gallon of water per workout with my creatine shake drank right b4 the workout. if u dont drink alot of water, u will get kidney stones which hurt like a b*tch. also i dont take 5g a day, just 5g on just the days i lift. IMO you should have a workout notebook to log all your progress and each week add weight to the excersices. when u hit a plateau, and cant gain anymore, then start using creatine.
Very good explanation.

If you are on the lean side & want to gain weight, then creatine supplement is for you. However, if your a little on the overweight side, then IMHO you should stick w/protein supplements low in fat & carbs.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Teching In

If u want to get pumped up take some Juice!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Formerly MagRedC5

Originally Posted by green_monster96
If u want to get pumped up take some Juice!

BTW, nice TA pic in sig.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
also dont do the loading phase of 20g like it says on the instructions, your body can only handle about 5g a day. anymore u take, you will **** it out and waste your money.
My experience you won't just **** it all out. When I tried loading I **** my brains out for like 3 days until I figured out what was causing it.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
My experience you won't just **** it all out. When I tried loading I **** my brains out for like 3 days until I figured out what was causing it.
it comes out in urine. were you drinking enough water? alot of newbs will take creatine like its koolaid powder and not drink too much water and get severe cramps. loading is just a gimmick by the companies, the more creatine u use, the more u have to buy from them and the more profits they make.

good board for newbs, but the mods are ghey
www.wannabebig.com
good board for serious people, juice heads, natural body builders, etc. mods are cool as hell with almost no rules, anything goes
www.steroidology.com

like that one dude said, u either bulk or cut. for bulking a good 8-10 meals a day is a must. up to 2 can be shakes. only the most strict people can maintain muscle mass yet lose fat, and usually u need great genetics or drugs. in your case i think u should bulk till winter, then cut.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Resident

Bottom line is that 99% of the **** in gnc is bsWith the aception of protien.If your skinny and want to gain weight.EAT YOUR *** OFF....I'm not talking three or four good meals a day.Eat ATLEAST 5000 calaries a day.When you go to the gym think about what you are doing and what you want to acomplish.PUSH yourself tell you cant move anymore.If you can work out for more than a hour than your NOT working hard enough.I here people say the lift for hours at a time???WTF if your on a bulk mission than you need to be doing heavey weight and every set you should be strugleing to get that last rep. up.go into the gym with a good Idea of what your going to do.If your doing bicepts than do 4 diffrent bicept workouts and dont hop around the gym and sit down at a radom machine that has nothing to go with bicept.You shouldnt be able to work your whole upper body out in one day.If you can then your not pushing yourself hard enough.You get what you put in.If your going to buy some suplements buy some good protein and pour that **** up.Try and drink a gram for evey pound on your body.

Good luck.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Gaining muscle has always been easy for me so ive never had to use the stuff.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Curveball TECH

Please don't ever buy **** from GNC b/c you are being ripped off. Look for a Nutrition Depot or Vitamin Shoppe, and if you can't find those two order online. I would definitely work out for a good 2 weeks before supplementing anything. I've taken creatine on and off for 3+ years. Once you start taking it you will definitely see a difference in reps, gains, and recovery time. No Xplode is a really good product just a little pricey, V12 is also a good creatine supp. The one thing I don't like about creatine is that it's tough to maintain after you get off of it.

Honestly, if you research your diet and what your body needs you don't have to buy any of that ****. A good protein, vitamin rich diet will get you where you want to be. Plus no matter how much creatine, juice that you take you'll never have ripped abs b/c they are all about your body fat %.

Just my .02