Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new FTR 402 LS2 engine is coming along, After being F***ed by ARE

Old 08-24-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My new FTR 402 LS2 engine is coming along, After being F***ed by ARE

Hi,

just wanted to share the excitement with you guys that my new/real engine is coming along. It's a FTR 402 LS2.
They are the gurus that used to make what ARE ONCE was... including all the fast cars.
ARE is now a big POS full of bullshitters/liars/******** that rob their customers and f***s them afterwords... so beware before dealing w/ them.
The block is now machined (tappered-free) and looking forward to having it all together and be part of the Sept-11 drag day event.
The car shall be ready next week.
The head/cam and pistons are already in, and are the parts I ordered/paid for. unlike ARE that not only put me wrong parts, also robbed parts I had shipped there and used on other cars and told me to F*** off !!!... no $$$, no parts, and had a ARE inpected perfect engine that tchou-tchoued like a train (I wold have built a better engine myself with ToysR-Us tools)
Pix will follow with updates.

ps.: In case some don't know... BEWARE before bringing any $ to ARE (******** + Robbers Enterprises)... I was ripped off of over 10k$ by them to be told to F*** off because I decided to check my engine elsewhere.

Anyways, back to the positive side... my car will be back and running soon and with plenty of hp
no nitrous for this year... have to recover from the whole the ******** (ARE) put me in.

For those that are unaware of the situation, here are more details:
http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&...T&f=8&t=5056&s=
and you'll also find more links here too.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear that man. Sounds like at some point they had it coming. Glad you were able to get it sorted regardless.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What made you go with the LS2 402 instead of a 408?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well the only parts from the ARE rip-off that I got was the crank for a 385 ls1 stroker and the rods... so I figured I use those... and since I needed a block, went with a ls2 using that crank... making it a ls2 402
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 AM
Banned

Nobody from this board told you to go to ARE.................

simple sight search could have explained why.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why people continue to deal with ARE/Autoworx is beyond me, they have proven over and over again that they cannot be trusted.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Banned

I agree, though in this case I'm have to say, there can be an instance drawn from every tuner where inspection under a microscope will generate issues upon will, yeah or neh? I can't say you can blame any one single person for making a purchase decision, it's a result of a battery of characteristics in a tough as nails market imho. But I'm not able to say for sure I haven't checked out what can be done to research further.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Inspection under a microscope is one thing, but I know plenty of people that were not given the parts that they were promised and the assembly work was abhorent...I know that it was for me.

ARE / Autoworx cannot be trusted to do a good job, it is as simple as that.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Banned

Alright then, that's much more clear than spanning it accross several shops. But don't you agree when a consumer can have the option to stay clear of the shennanigans if they so chose, only if there is information available before? I mean if you had a chance to go one place where you knew the cost was going to be more, but the job was done (that's what counts, correct? or is it the other way around...), vs going to another place where it was cheaper, but seemingly had customer complaints (possibly all too late in the process), would you be able to support the decision in doing so? I mean we're all out to shave a few dollars in the end, aren't we?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

The problem here is that saving a few $$$s shouldn't add up to being lied to, stolen from, strung along, and eventually delivered an unusable product. ARE/Autoworx has done this repeatedly to a number of people, we only know about the ones that come here and post.

Personally, I gave ARE/Autoworx a second chance on the word of the owner at the time that the work would be done right. Was I foolish to trust him? Probably...but I really wanted to give them the opportunity to make things right and believe that the people there were honest.

In the end though, when the motor that they 'put' together was delivered to Wheel To Wheel it was apparent immediately that it was junk. I have all of the disassemlby pictures that show copper on the bearings on a motor that was supposed to be fresh with 0 miles. I decided to have Wheel To Wheel build the motor correctly and it ended up costing quite a bit, however it was delivered exactly the way that I wanted it and exactly the way that it was promised...and it made over 1000hp/1000tq on the engine dyno before being delivered.

Personally, I think that there are a handful (maybe 4) shops that are capable of building an LSx motor that can reliably make a ton of power...so if that is what you are shopping for then you have no choice but to pay that premium. Wheel To Wheel has been there and done that...several times.

For the guy that is looking for 500-700hp I think that a number of the vendors here are capable of supplying a shortblock like that...supply and demand.

So the question remains, why would you go to a shop with a shady history (and apparently a shady present) when there are a number of shops without that stigma to choose from? The answer is that you shouldn't.

Eugenio, sorry to post-jack and good luck with the new motor.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Banned

Ok, I see what you're saying. I was under the impression of a different sort. Now, when we're talking about shops and places, there is a lot of good feedback from this board. There are several solid reports from many of the top tunners with all the accurate things you may not be able to find from pure hearsay. Granted there were periods of time where a choice was not as clear, feel free to correct any assumptions I have implied. There are several transitions although this may not be one of them, rather something else altogether. Alternatively, this place ARE has obviously a history of bad dealings. I thought it was just the one. A single note of a deal gone bad is nothing to be ashamed of, I'm sure we have all been there at one point or another and as you are aware it can be strenuous in the least. It's probably impossible (or next to improbable) to make up for that now. What I'm saying is that I personally did not know the issues ARE was having before, and couldn't even say for sure if it was in good faith or not. I had not heard of such a thing at the time and don't know if that's even accurate. Too much pitter pattering sometimes is a bad thing no doubt. However, if you were to ask me now, I would say it would be worthwhile to do a search, as there is a lot of information and feedback available to that ls1 consumer today, that just last year weren't able to provide to everyone. There are no longer shops that don't care about the customer, and there are no shady per say places that don't own up to their responsibility as we have seen multiple times in the near past. In fact several of the borderline cases have been resolved by compromising towards the consumer, and I'm happy to see that. You bring up some valid points, I hope it continues along the line of public awareness and I hope I'm not off base here. I suppose it would be prudent to mention that, although I personally have not participated in an engine building or buying process in the past, and in the future several places today would get my nod.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Glad to see that you have a new motor on the way, let us know how everything goes.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:14 AM
7 Second Club

Good luck Eugenio.I don't know the particulars of your case but one word of advice;DON'T trust Wade Stevens or that hack Ferlin or whatever his name is.

I pesonally think you jumped out of the pan and into the fire with FTR.

I agree with Scott(Phate) about W2W.They probably do more business in a year's time than the top 20 sponsors on this site combined.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

fwiw... I gave them so many chances and stood by them for so long... after so many lies and BS, and no results, I was fed up... the straw that broke the camel's back was to have an engine that smokes (lots of blow-by) due to a bad dyno session by ARE and be told that it leaks down perfectly... got it checked elsewhere and went public.
I've been played around by ARE Autoworks for over 1 year... too many chances, and I was always patient.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to focus on the positive side and not the past, negative side.

Pix will be available shortly.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
Anyways, the point of this thread is to focus on the positive side and not the past, negative side.

Pix will be available shortly.
Then why keep dragging up the past?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28
What made you go with the LS2 402 instead of a 408?
Leave material on the cylinder walls for future boreing, incase something such as your situation happens.

Eugenio, good to see you got it running, what heads/cam did you go with?

Let us know some numbers ASAP too!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

here are pix:
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/...2SS/Page1.html

Checkmate, why drag the past... well, next time you get screwed for over 10k$, just shut up and don't mention anything to noone, will you.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
here are pix:
http://s97997631.onlinehome.us/temp/...2SS/Page1.html

Checkmate, why drag the past... well, next time you get screwed for over 10k$, just shut up and don't mention anything to noone, will you.
First you say you want to move forward in the next breath bitch about how badly you were screwed. SO which is it?

So can we take bets on when the engine touched by the hand of god(wade) blows up?

BTW is either shop a sponsor here? Why are they mentioned in this thread.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

why are you posting here, if you have nothing to do with my setup and experience ?
I never called anyone godly, btw... but there is a big difference from being taken care as a customer, compared to constantly being BS-ed and not taken seriously.
As for bets, I bet it'll last longer than the POS perfect ARE inspected engine I was given from ARE, with not even the parts I paid for.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:50 PM
8 Second Club

Bro are you going to be running that EXEDY? I can save you alot of trouble-send it back-they suck! It's not a drag racing clutch and it cannot stand behind anything over 400rwhp-it's a POS. I'm sending mine back as we speak.

Search this Thread