i have a list of things i need fixed on my car. post up if you can help w/any of it$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i have a list of things i need fixed on my car. post up if you can help w/any of it$$

ok heres a list of things i need fixed on my car. let me know if you can help with any of it, i just moved to north dallas and have NO tools, literally, not even a screw driver haha and i want to get some things fixed on my car...a little bit of paint/body help too**
so the list begins...
1) oil leaks and maybe transmission leak?? when i wake up i can see spots on the ground, but i barely have to add any oil between oil changes. so im thinking my trans might be leaking, it looks dark so maybe the gear oil from my transmission? when i got my transmission rebuilt, i asked them to replace the rear main seal, but they said it was leaking from there... so it must be leaking from somewhere else, i think somewhere higher up... can anyone check out my car to see where its leaking from and maybe fix them for me?? im not sure if im leaking trans fluid forsure... i havent even checked my fluid bc its such a pain, i want to get my leaks fixed tho...

2)something is wrong with my car when i try to start it... it will fire right up if i've been driving my car and its warmed up, but if its been sitting for a few hrs or overnight, it doesnt want to tstart on its first try.. it turns, but wont start until the 2nd or 3rd try... OR if i go to my car and turn the key on, off , on off on off, etc a few times then it will usually start.. i was thinking maybe the fuel pump but its been doing this since nov/dec of 04, if it was the fuel pump i think it would be totally out by now... i think maybe my fuel pump isnt holding pressure and im putting pressure back in, when im going on off on off etc, anyone maybe able to check this out and possible fix it??

3)when i turn my wheel when driving slowly or when the car is stopped. i can hear a "creeking sound", not sure what it is and once again its been doing this since nov/dec of 04, i was thinking rack and pinion but i think thats more of a knocking sound??, i've noticed that my outer tie rod end rubber boots are ripped, do you think that might be it?? maybe bc its not greased up or something? anyone maybe able to check this out??

4)i have a small dent behind my drivers side door, about the size of a small fist,, it looks to be creased...and thers some paint missing. ALSO some threw a glass bottle at my car when it was parked and put some paint chips on that same back fender and a small "crease" in the fender, about an inch long(kind of like a door ding),the bottom of the roof also has a few paint chips from the glass, but i dont know if i'll reallly care about getting that fixed too bad or not, mostly just the fender dent, chips, crease etc, and maybe the roof... can anyone help me with this?

thats all i can think of at this time, i really want my car running good though, if you can help with ANY of this let me know and maybe we can arrange something $$ wise etc, i'll give you a portable dvd player, (1) chrome Zr1 in very good shape, full set of lugs/locks/chrome lug nut covers for zr1 rims, chrome center caps, 2 sony xplod 12inch subs/box/820 watt amp, and probably some other stuff i'd trade for work done, or just cash if thats what you want, please let me know guys
i appreciate any help
thanks
patrick
Old 08-26-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Junkie

ttt can anyone help me change my outer tie rod ends?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Outter tie rods are easy as cake! Im in Arlington. We could arrange a time if you wanted. Keep in mind you need alignment after you change the tie rods...

what year is your car? I also have HPtuners, so it could help us find the problem...
Old 08-27-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a lift in arlington ya'll guys can use.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Josh McGrath
Outter tie rods are easy as cake! Im in Arlington. We could arrange a time if you wanted. Keep in mind you need alignment after you change the tie rods...

what year is your car? I also have HPtuners, so it could help us find the problem...
hey call me at 2108570318 let me know how much you'd want... i know there easy to do. my dad was going to do them for me before i moved up here to dallas, but he lives in san antonio, and i have no tools call me tho
thanks
patrick
Old 08-28-2005, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by redaddiction
I have a lift in arlington ya'll guys can use.
PM me with how much you want to use it