Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble starting

Old 08-25-2005, 10:43 PM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trouble starting

See my sig for car details. It has about 65k miles on it. I've noticed lately that sometimes it doesn't want to start up without me stepping on the gas. Once it starts it doesn't have any problems - no sluggishness, no power loss, no idle problems, etc. It just needs a touch of the gas to start sometimes.

Some useful information not in my sig:

1) The air filter is clean (3k miles max)
2) Fuel filter has about 10k miles on it.
3) Plugs are stock.
4) The car ran about 5k miles after headers were installed without a tune.

Do you think the plugs are fouled by running with the headers and no tune, perhaps? Any other ideas?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Maybe too obvious, but when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter? Air filter? Have you recently cleaned the intake path from the air filter to the TB? All air intake ducting tight?

If fuel filter is new, is there a screen in the tank that also can be cleaned? Sorry, I don't have an F-body. Have you checked the fuel pressure just after turning on the key? Again, sorry. I don't know what it should be.

Could it be spark related? Maybe a weak coil?

Those are the items I would check. Let us know what you find out...
Old 08-26-2005, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gauge
See my sig for car details. It has about 65k miles on it. I've noticed lately that sometimes it doesn't want to start up without me stepping on the gas. Once it starts it doesn't have any problems - no sluggishness, no power loss, no idle problems, etc. It just needs a touch of the gas to start sometimes.

Some useful information not in my sig:

1) The air filter is clean (3k miles max)
2) Fuel filter has about 10k miles on it.
3) Plugs are stock.
4) The car ran about 5k miles after headers were installed without a tune.

Do you think the plugs are fouled by running with the headers and no tune, perhaps? Any other ideas?
i hope you find answere for this ? my friend with his 99SS has the same problem in only happens in start up and actually last time from what he told me didnt want to start at all.. someone had told him it might of been the injectors so since i had my stock laying around we changed them.. well guess what it was the injectors.. it weird because sometimes it starts right away and sometimes it doesnt.. could it something electrical?? who knows.. good luck man hope you find your answere and if you do let us know...

Search this Thread