Texas Longhorn Fans!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Texas Longhorn Fans!

OK, it's safe to say we're all excited about the upcoming football season.

But...

IS ANYONE ELSE AS NERVOUS AS I AM?!

Ohio State in week 2 has been named THE game to watch this season by Sports Illustrated, with the UT/OU game as #3. UT/A&M didn't make the list, but it probably should have.

-Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nervous? Nah Hook 'em Horns
Old 08-26-2005, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra

But...

Ohio State in week 2 has been named THE game to watch this season by Sports Illustrated, with the UT/OU game as #3. UT/A&M didn't make the list, but it probably should have.

-Mike
those are gonna be some killer games,i love college football,hope the horns have a good year even though i'm a diehard aggie as long as their from the lone star state i'm gonna root for them at least until november GIG E'M AGGIES
Old 08-26-2005, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

UT should beat OU this year...if not then I don't think they ever will, this season will be the weakest OU team Oklahoma has seen in 6 years
Old 08-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Texas Director

I'm pumped. I've got tickets for every home game plus the Big 12 Championship game at Reliant in Houston.

I don't think ULa La will even score on Chizik's defense in the first game. The tOSU game is going to be a monster matchup . I'll use the tired old chiche', "take 'em one game at a time". If Texas is focused and playing up to their potential in every game I don't see the Horns losing a game in the regular season.

If Texas is lucky enough to go undefeated, USC should be in the NC game and would be a very tough opponent to get by. Strange things happen, and it takes preparation, determination, talent, coaching, and luck to go undefeated. I'm not saying its going to happen for sure for Texas, but this is the best shot we've had in a long time to go undefeated. The Horns are LOADED for bear!

Hook'em!!

Last edited by mmiller; 08-26-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
ESR
LS1TECH Sponsor

Default ...

OU lost a lot of starters...... Horns should have em..............

Originally Posted by mmiller
I'm pumped. I've got tickets for every home game plus the Big 12 Championship game at Reliant in Houston.

I don't think ULa La will even score on Chizik's defense in the first game. The OSU game is going to be a monster matchup . I'll use the tired old chiche', "take 'em one game at a time". If Texas is focused and playing up to their potential in every game I don't see the Horns losing a game in the regular season.

If they Texas is lucky enough to go undefeated USC should be in the NC game and would be a very tough opponent to get by. Strange things happen, and it takes preparation, determination, talent, coaching, and luck to go undefeated. I'm not saying its going to happen for sure for Texas, but this is the best shot we've had in years to go undefeated. The Horns are LOADED for bear!

Hook'em!!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can't wait for Sept. 10th. Really nervous, but looking forward to the season.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Ginger Hater

ULa La
tOSU
is it just me, or do you have a nick name for every team, i thought it was just A&M.

But...

-Mike
but this season is gonna be very exciting for alot of teams, The OSU/ut game is one i am excited a/b watching. And i can't wait for the A&M/ut game as well. ut should overcome OU this year.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Home schedule is the sorriest I have seen in a long time. I may go to a couple games at best.

Hook 'em \m/
Old 08-26-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by minivette
Home schedule is the sorriest I have seen in a long time. I may go to a couple games at best.

Hook 'em \m/
Yeah the wife unit and I are debating whether to do Alumni Band this year, since it's a huge hassle, the only weekend she has off in several (like, 5 weekends in a row), and it's against Rice.

There's a lot to be said for sitting in the comfort of my own home with a beer, some Velveeta/Rotel cheese dip and a big bag of Fritos Scoops. Oh, and my wing fryer!

-Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
There's a lot to be said for sitting in the comfort of my own home with a beer, some Velveeta/Rotel cheese dip and a big bag of Fritos Scoops. Oh, and my wing fryer!

-Mike

Air conditioning and my 65" HD tv are plenty of reason NOT to go to any games.....but then again I'm not originally from Texas and the closest my team will be to Houston is when they visit Baylor.....unless they happen to make it to Houston.

I think the only game you guys have to worry about this year is OU, but like someone else said, they lost a lot of starters. It'll be a good game either way, though.

I have to worry about every game......
Old 08-26-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Resident

i think the horns SHOULD BE good this year, guess we will see. anyone get any tickets that they wanna get rid of, let me know
Old 08-26-2005, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Texas is going to whip all that a@@ best season undefeated

GO LONGHORNS
Old 08-26-2005, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

I am a big fan of the horns. Not worried at all. Hook em Horns
Old 08-26-2005, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Please god PEASE, dont let my Horns choke on the big games this this year!! My fore head cannot take anymore knots or stitches. Cant wait for the UT OU game, Horns should have their number this year. (I Hope)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Not worried either Hook Em Horns!!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by helloween
Texas is going to whip all that a@@ best season undefeated

GO LONGHORNS
Oops I'm sorry I thought this was the joke of the day

Going into the horseshoe and thinking you're acutally going to win?........Yikes!

I think and hope the tea sippers will beat OU this year, **** if u can't beat em this year when will you beam em?

Don't count out those games aginst Tech and A&M, you overlook those two games and you can mark 2 more losses on your schedule. Especially coming into the Home of the 12th man with this year's 2005 Heisman Trophy winner leading the team (Reggie) Whooooop!

Gig Em and Saw em Off!!!
Old 08-27-2005, 12:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhatT/A
UT should beat OU this year...if not then I don't think they ever will, this season will be the weakest OU team Oklahoma has seen in 6 years

Thats what UT has been saying for the last five years and it hasn't happened yet. Don't hold your breath.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:12 AM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Spazdout
is it just me, or do you have a nick name for every team, i thought it was just A&M.
tOSU = the Ohio State University
ULa La = University of Louisiana Lafayette

Not nicknames, only abbreviations. Oh, and trust me, I've got plenty of nicknames for your aggies, lol.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned

I don't think ULa La will even score on Chizik's defense in the first game. The tOSU game is going to be a monster matchup . I'll use the tired old chiche', "take 'em one game at a time". If Texas is focused and playing up to their potential in every game I don't see the Horns losing a game in the regular season.

If Texas is lucky enough to go undefeated, USC should be in the NC game and would be a very tough opponent to get by. Strange things happen, and it takes preparation, determination, talent, coaching, and luck to go undefeated. I'm not saying its going to happen for sure for Texas, but this is the best shot we've had in a long time to go undefeated. The Horns are LOADED for bear!

Hook'em!!
I guess I'm going to get some tickets to the Big 12 championship CHEAP this year just like I did in 2002 from some Longhorn fan