Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP. diagnose problem from this noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP. diagnose problem from this noise

when i test drove my 02WS6 with 41K on it from a 1 owner. everything checked out. oil looked fine and the carfax came out good with evertything that was ever adressed was from the dealership. basically oil change, tranny fluid change, suspension check etc.. so everything looks good and i hear NO chatter from the engine.

so i drive it home and 3 days later i decide to change the oil. so i change the oil and then upon startup i hear this terrible sound that does not ever go away, NEVER. first i thought it was piston slap bc it sounds like a coke can banging around in my block. or kind of like shaking up a spraypaint can. so initially i thought it was piston slap. but then i heard it even at full oper temp and it never seems to go away just got a little quieter.
IT SEEMS TO ONLY BE HEARD AT IDLE AND UP TO 2K RRM in each gear. it sounds like shi^. anyone know what this could be? car runs good though? HELP
what does bad bearing sound like?
what could be most prominently heard in the beginning of each gear from idle to 2K and sound like u r shaking up a spraypaint can.