New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 T/A... this could be the one

Old 08-27-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 T/A... this could be the one

I made a thread a couple days ago about this but here goes...its a 2000 T/A Ram Air 6spd, leather, hurst shifter, 40k miles for $16,5. The salesman was real nice and knowledgeable. He said the car is in great condition and drives good and pulls hard. He said the clutch is also in great condition and shifts are easy. Theyre finishing up a tune up, alignment, and putting new tires on it. Previous owner was an older guy in the government so he shouldnt have put much wear on it. The only bad thing he did was put a flowmaster exhaust on it haha. He also said that the price is pretty negotiable, so I think getting it for around 15grand is doable...so what do you guys think?
Old 08-27-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a fair price range. Have a GM service history pulled for it.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im sure you all are sick of these threads, but does anyone else have any input? I mean Im sure once I get my LS1 Ill just bypass these kinds of threads too haha.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

I have a 2000 trans am as well and it is the best purchase i ever made......

You should pick that car up and especially for 15 grand
Old 08-27-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think your good to go man, sounds like a good car, just do the usual check the fluids, make sure they are using Mobil 1 or equivilant, the dealer should have a carfax of it, but if not there is a carfax request thread at the top of this section so you can check it, also by the ram air and hurst shifter im guessing its a ws6 right?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98NBM_TransAm
I think your good to go man, sounds like a good car, just do the usual check the fluids, make sure they are using Mobil 1 or equivilant, the dealer should have a carfax of it, but if not there is a carfax request thread at the top of this section so you can check it, also by the ram air and hurst shifter im guessing its a ws6 right?
Hopefully this will be the one and good to go. Yes I did post in the carfax thread so I should be getting a response soon. As far as I know it "should" be a ws6. Even if it isnt I wont mind, they'll just have to lower the price even more. My friend, who is more knowledgeable about cars than me, is coming along and is going to drive it also to see if its in good shape. Other than fluids what else, specifically, should I be looking into? I know about the clutch slipping, maybe the rear making some squeaking, different in paint colors to see if its been in an accident, and maybe body alignment, anything else?
Old 08-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
Hopefully this will be the one and good to go. Yes I did post in the carfax thread so I should be getting a response soon. As far as I know it "should" be a ws6. Even if it isnt I wont mind, they'll just have to lower the price even more. My friend, who is more knowledgeable about cars than me, is coming along and is going to drive it also to see if its in good shape. Other than fluids what else, specifically, should I be looking into? I know about the clutch slipping, maybe the rear making some squeaking, different in paint colors to see if its been in an accident, and maybe body alignment, anything else?
Listen for any clicking noises when turning or a gurgling type noise when driving straight slowly like 15-25mph. I had those noises and just had to have my rearend completely redone. Luckily it was all covered under warranty though.

Search this Thread