Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon Amp....Sucks; Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon Amp....Sucks; Steering Wheel Radio Controls

I just replaced the front speakers with components (4 ohm) they arent loud at all. the back speakers are louder. it sucks, i couldnt find 2 ohm speakers.

And also...even tho i bought components and i hooked it up to existing wiring....its not just bass in the mid bass (i still hear voice...almost sounds like a 2 way) and the tweeters are almost inaudible

So i guess the only thing i can do is replace the factory monsoon with something good right? Like an Alpine or something....can i use the same amp mount by the spare tire?

Also my sail panel subs are 2-way speakers.....it sucks! Its almost impossible to find straight up subs anymore...

Oh and after i instaled the 6 1/2 in the door, the door panel will not screw in at the bottom. The speakers seem to be 2 big and are pushing out the door panel slightly.

Last thing... my steering wheel radio controls....the up seek button doesnt work....and the Volume/play/mute side dont light up...how do i fix these?"?

Thanks