Sponsored by:

LS1 Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Info

Hi all new to the sight

I'm in the market for an LS1 F-body The 2 cars I'm thinking of getting right now are a 98 Z28 camaro and a 00 Z28 camaro. Both around the same miles both auto with 3.23 gears and both around the same price.

Now my question is... What would the weight difference be between them? The 00 is a stripper roll up windows..etc only option is AC. The 98 has power seats, power windows, power locks, AC, T-tops, traction control, leather, tilt wheel.

I always hear people say the 4th gen are real heavy. So whats the deal will there be a big difference in weight?
Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll save some weight by having a stripper, as well as some headaches (the power window motors are notorious for going out in these cars). However, t-tops rule. My old SS had t-tops, and I miss them a lot. It all depends on what you're going for though. If you want to squeeze every drop of performance out, then you should get the hardtop stripper- it is going to be more rigid and weigh less. If it is going to be a daily driver, then I'd go for the power door locks, power windows, etc. It just makes life easier. You're not going to save a whole lot of weight by not having the options though- maybe 100 lbs tops. Probably more like 60 or so.

Also, you might want to double check the gear ratios- most automatic trans cars are 2.73 gears. I think only the SS models with automatics got the 3.23s. I could be wrong, but you might want to check.