Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

STI - cheap fly by

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default STI - cheap fly by

Hey, the other day me and my friend were coming back from somewhere.... i forget exactly what we were doing, but i was at a stoplight and i notice a new black STI a couple cars back. So i pull ahead of all the traffic hoping he will weave around and catch up, like ricers usually do, but he doesnt. So i slow down a little bit and let him catch up eventually. So he does a flyby at me and i downshift to second at about 40 or 45 and i stay about 1 - 1.5 car legnths all the way up until about 85, then i had a car in front of me so i went all the way to the other side of the STI...(got over 2 lanes) and at 95 i was just starting to pull on him when he turned off the road. My friend tells me he herad a BOV and exhaust, but i wasnt paying attention, i was too zoned in on keeping up with the guy. I am a stock M6, except for a lid. I wish he would have pulled up to me and raced me fair and square, but i guess there will be other times. Do you think i could have taken him if it was a fair and square 45 mph roll race?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
Hey, the other day me and my friend were coming back from somewhere.... i forget exactly what we were doing, but i was at a stoplight and i notice a new black STI a couple cars back. So i pull ahead of all the traffic hoping he will weave around and catch up, like ricers usually do, but he doesnt. So i slow down a little bit and let him catch up eventually. So he does a flyby at me and i downshift to second at about 40 or 45 and i stay about 1 - 1.5 car legnths all the way up until about 85, then i had a car in front of me so i went all the way to the other side of the STI...(got over 2 lanes) and at 95 i was just starting to pull on him when he turned off the road. My friend tells me he herad a BOV and exhaust, but i wasnt paying attention, i was too zoned in on keeping up with the guy. I am a stock M6, except for a lid. I wish he would have pulled up to me and raced me fair and square, but i guess there will be other times. Do you think i could have taken him if it was a fair and square 45 mph roll race?
ah, it's not worth killing someone chasing him while he's weaving in and out.

There's plenty of safer places to race.

I don't even bother trying with lamers like that. People only get hurt that way.

I think you would of done fine against him.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Agreed. I was about to race a turbo GTi when he started doing all of that ****... Screw that, I'll just wait for a better driver.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow..so i guess your a ricer. you claim ricers weave in and out of traffic....and the you pull the same ****...after the "ricer" sti doesn't do it..how old are you 15? try not to kill anyone driving your car.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Resident

seriously, if youre gonna post something negative then dont post anything at all. I didnt weave in and out of traffic i just got over 2 lanes. i dont weave, if i crashed into someone i would be out my only car. why would i risk doing that? it was a very well lit 4 lane road at 230 at night. If i didnt think it was safe to do so, then i wouldnt have chased him. Dont be such a stick in the mud, man. Im 19 by the way, not 15. You may be 30 or 40 or something and think im a stupid kid. You are perfectly within your rights to think that, but comments like that are really not needed. Thanks
Old 08-29-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

seriously, if youre gonna post something negative then dont post anything at all. I didnt weave in and out of traffic i just got over 2 lanes. i dont weave, if i crashed into someone i would be out my only car. why would i risk doing that? it was a very well lit 4 lane road at 230 at night. If i didnt think it was safe to do so, then i wouldnt have chased him. Dont be such a stick in the mud, man. Im 19 by the way, not 15. You may be 30 or 40 or something and think im a stupid kid. You are perfectly within your rights to think that, but comments like that are really not needed. Thanks
i'm 21 and had a friend that got killed by a car cutting over 2 lanes when he was riding his bike..i guess the person in that car thought it was perfectly safe to cut over two lanes also....probably didn't even notice he hit someone.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

19....real far from 15, lol
Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

im really sorry to hear that happened. I know how you feel, but nothing i do or say can help that, that is one of the reasons i will never get a bike. Its just too dangerous and cars cant always see you.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

and as for my age.... who cares?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

im really sorry to hear that happened. I know how you feel, but nothing i do or say can help that, that is one of the reasons i will never get a bike. Its just too dangerous and cars cant always see you.

well...thats exactly my point...you claim it was perfectly safe....but it wasn't...straight line racing on the high wasy is one thing...serving over 2 lanes to catch up to an sti is something else.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

well i appreciate the heads up, i know you were just concerned about something happening like what happened to your friend. ill be more careful, but i honestly think we can do without bashing my age ok? Doogie Howser was only a kid, and look what he became, fictional or not.

Last edited by UnZFeat'd; 08-29-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

you guys need to get some new arguments.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

when people jump me (or even try to race me from a roll at all for the most part). i just smile, maybe give a little rev.

sometimes i act like im gonna go from a roll with some shitmobile. i stare over at the guy, then make sure the converter unlocks so it sounds like im flooring it when in fact im at like 1/3 throttle, not really going anywhere, with the car revving to like 3500-4000. the people take the **** off and i just let off the throttle, the converter locks up, and i cruize on my way. ******* morons.

if you are gonna race, do it the right way. line up, from a stop, and leave at roughly the same time, and not in traffic. if somebody does not know how to line up **** em- i run into that all of the time, just move on next time brutha!

also- you chase you race! you chased and lost so you still lost... now you see why you shouldn't even be bothered with somebody jumping you, if that person stays ahead you still lost.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

guess i have to change my name now huh
Old 08-29-2005, 04:55 PM
10 Second Club

f-that. that loss is like getting beat up when you are drunk and can hardly stand up. it counts but not really. learn from that experience
Old 08-29-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

haha, good point, by the way your firebird is the first time ive seen another car with my color... mystic teal/chameleon, is it a rare color or something?

Last edited by UnZFeat'd; 08-29-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

sorry for the wait in reply-

it WAS my firebird, now totalled and i have a pewter one. it is called blue-green-chameleon. THAT is the name, and i had a 5 page thread going when i bought the car till finally patman (i think anyway) said he bought his car new in that color.

yes- it is pretty rare fwiw. i used to get compliments ALL of the time, not that i don't with my pewter one but i was really partial to that color. there was maybe 1 other car with that color in the whole area. ah well, easy come easy go.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

ya man, i just totalled my car.... wasnt racing or anything. Believe it or not, i guess i ran over some rock or something on the freeway at about 230 at night on tuesday i think it was, and then i blew my left rear tire and the car when out of control, luckily i missed the center divide, but i over corrected and ran up onto a hill, then i flipped the car on the roof and skidded on the ground. The ttops were off as well, which opened my head. My friend was in the car too, but his head wasnt opnened, just cut. The car is totalled im sure, i dont know if this is gonna be classified as my fault or what, but this sucks. My hands are all cut up, my head sucks, sorry for venting here on you guys but i know someone out there will understand what im going through hopefully.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya man, i just totalled my car.... wasnt racing or anything. Believe it or not, i guess i ran over some rock or something on the freeway at about 230 at night on tuesday i think it was, and then i blew my left rear tire and the car when out of control, luckily i missed the center divide, but i over corrected and ran up onto a hill, then i flipped the car on the roof and skidded on the ground. The ttops were off as well, which opened my head. My friend was in the car too, but his head wasnt opnened, just cut. The car is totalled im sure, i dont know if this is gonna be classified as my fault or what, but this sucks. My hands are all cut up, my head sucks, sorry for venting here on you guys but i know someone out there will understand what im going through hopefully.
sorry to hear that...how fast where you going? thats probably how the insurance will decide if its your fault or not
Old 09-01-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

i wasnt speeding at all, believe it or not. Id say i had the blowout at about 70. It freaked me out man. I would have hit the center divide on the freeway but instead i turned and overcorrected and went onto an embankment, so it flipped, but now im thinkin that maybe the centerdivide wouldnt have been such a bad idea afterall.