B/CS Inspection

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B/CS Inspection

Could someone PM me one of those special inspection places that are nice to its lack of emissions equipment customers?

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

how loud is your car? just missing cats?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Si guay si vas donde trabajan los mojarines.
Let me rephrase, if you usuallay go to the Mexican side of town , they usually do it for $20-50 extra. Of course it works better if you speak spanish or maybe take one of your "homies" with you. Have you taken a look at my mods?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:20 PM
11 Second Club

I have longtubes with !cats, !EGR, !AIR. If I get a catted y-pipe, or appear to have cats would any of the legit places pass me? They wouldn't be in the stock location of course. I could put the AIR back on, but not the EGR b/c of the LS6 intake.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have fake cats on mine and 02 sims. Remember, If your service engine light is on, it will fell inspection. Im not certain if emissions checks are statewide now.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

as long as your service engine light is not on. It should pass even with sims
Old 08-29-2005, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

No SES light here. I just need a visual inspection, no OBD2. Where did you get your fake cats? I'm looking for some heat shields to clamp on, but I'm having a hard time.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought the car used at a Chevy Dealership 3 years ago. The sneaky owner before me had it on already. They even fooled me.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

There is a place at the south end of town, right at the freeway that passed my car. I did !air and !egr. I do have cats on it as well. The guy told me that as long as evrything that looks like it should be there is there, then it is ok. So if you have the ls6 intake you are ok. I also have lt's and the lm. If you need me to I might be able to find out the name of the shop. Hope this helped!!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blu98ta
There is a place at the south end of town, right at the freeway that passed my car. I did !air and !egr. I do have cats on it as well. The guy told me that as long as evrything that looks like it should be there is there, then it is ok. So if you have the ls6 intake you are ok. I also have lt's and the lm. If you need me to I might be able to find out the name of the shop. Hope this helped!!
Dude, if that emissions equipment location sticker isn't there inspectors are helpless. Does anyone seriously think they can possibly memorize every single piece of emissions equipment on like 270 different models over 40 different years? If they have a serious interest in LS1 cars you might be in trouble, but like the other guy said, if it looks stock...
Old 08-29-2005, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok we do nto give a **** about ses lights it has nothing to do with our inspections. as for all the other stuff like air and egr you could get away with. now i will tell you our head guy that comes around has got prety strict on us. so i think everyone is starting to get more thourogh.

on the part of fack cats and things. as long as it is there and looks legit it is all good. hell i think if you did a good enough job you desirve to pass. i have put some fake cats on a 3" y pipe on my buds car and all they were was heat shields off a c5.

but deff go to the bryan side of town.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

that is exactly what they said to me
Originally Posted by sleepersilverado

on the part of fack cats and things. as long as it is there and looks legit it is all good. hell i think if you did a good enough job you desirve to pass. i have put some fake cats on a 3" y pipe on my buds car and all they were was heat shields off a c5.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

I was looking through the book and found a neat little tidbit.

Referring to reasons we have to fail a car:

04.20.32 - Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver, WHICH OPEN, have less than 20% light transmittance.
Meaning the guy who said to roll the windows and pull the fuse can get away with it, they can't refuse to inspect your car just because the window doesn't operate...according to the book, and how you interpret the statement (the normal way works )
Old 08-30-2005, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Where are you guys finding these heat shields? I'm trying to avoid buying a TSP catted y. I got all the clearance issues and rattles out of what I have now, and I don't want to start over with a new y-pipe.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude go to any perf shop and they usualy have all kinds of exhaust laying around hell i remember mti had a **** load. i was gona post a pic but i gave my buddy the cd cuz it is his car.

and for your window roll down ideal... yes it can work but i will tell you we can fail you for any thing we feel is un safe we do not have to go just by the book. it is only a guide line that we follow. if you start playing games like that you will end up pissinf someone off. dont get me wrond i have tried that and it did not work.

there are a lot of things liek hell you dont even have to have a windshield but you have to have good wipers.

casper i will pm you later when i get home
Old 08-30-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sleepersilverado
dude go to any perf shop and they usualy have all kinds of exhaust laying around hell i remember mti had a **** load. i was gona post a pic but i gave my buddy the cd cuz it is his car.

and for your window roll down ideal... yes it can work but i will tell you we can fail you for any thing we feel is un safe we do not have to go just by the book. it is only a guide line that we follow. if you start playing games like that you will end up pissinf someone off. dont get me wrond i have tried that and it did not work.

there are a lot of things liek hell you dont even have to have a windshield but you have to have good wipers.

casper i will pm you later when i get home

You can't fail someone just because something is "unsafe", EDIT: unless its actually an option in the safety inspection P/F list. You just refuse to inspect it. No, if you don't have a windshield you do not need wiper blades. I'm in the same line of work, and like I said; that quote is straight from the book. If you refuse them service because their windows won't go up or down you'd be in violation of inspection procedure...or so it would seem.