Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No OD, D, or 2. Only Reverse. !!!???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No OD, D, or 2. Only Reverse. !!!???

Well I had my 4L60E Automatic tranny overhauled last July and had a shift kit installed along with a vette servo and boost valve. Whatever that means. A few months later, I had my 10 bolt redone with a new posi and new 3:73's.

About a month ago I got my 93 Camaro z28 back on the road after having a 383 stroker installed along with an aluminum driveshaft and new fly wheel (just stating that because it is drivetrain related). So I put about 1000 miles on the new motor and a few days ago I was merging onto a highway and then all of a sudden the car redlined because I was giving it gas but had no torque. Somehow I was able to get off the highway with hardly any torque or anything getting to the rear. I came to a stop light and when it turned green I tried to go pull over and could hardly move. I was at about 3000 RPM and the car was just moving enough for me to get out of the way of traffic until I coasted down a hill into a parking lot where I finally had to have teh car towed.

When this happened, the motor, nor tranny, nor rear made any kind of nasty grinding noise or anything that would lead me to believe i totally blew something on my car. I actually thought that I may have broken my driveshaft. Everthing visible under the car was still in tact. i was not leaking any fluids anywhere.

The car starts fine, idles fine but I have no forward moving gears or power. All i have is reverse and when it is in reverse it feels totally fine, rather than sluggish or anything negative like that.

The only information I have heard so far is that it sounds like I killed my torque converter due to the extra torque and HP my new motor is putting out. The stall speed was set at stock, whatever that may be, and i am actually not entirely sure if it was replaced when i had the tranny overhauled last July, if at all any time before that.

My tranny shop will be checking the car out Tuesday but in the mean time, does anyone have any ideas !!!!

Thanks everyone, Giovanni.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:00 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you got reverse...stall is fine...it doesnt know the difference between forward vs reverse. I am NOT a tranny guy so take this with a grain of salt...i will guess you broke a planetary or sprag