when will it end? GAS PRICES!

Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default when will it end? GAS PRICES!

just wanted to vent my frustrations and say, WOW! $3.09 for super here now!! makes me wanna

and to add to that, im an assistant manager at a pretty large C-store chain, and its my honorable duty to drive all the way across town to change our sign 3-5 times a day now, as well as another stores right up the street.

so not only am i wasting my gas to do this, but i have to listen to the endless amount of people that actually come up to me while im doing it and complain. they actually swear at me and they talk like i have something to do with it! and there are also the people that drive by shouting obscenities. its only been three days of this, but im already tired of it.

sorry for the rant, just felt like sharing. and remember people, the guys(like me) that work at these places are suckers just like the rest of you, and we have to pay the same, its not like we get it free, i wish! so please dont take your frustration out on the lowly clerks.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomorrow
Old 08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel bad for you, you have nothing to do with this and these ignorant people get angry with you. They are pointing their fingers at the wrong guy.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28

so not only am i wasting my gas to do this, but i have to listen to the endless amount of people that actually come up to me while im doing it and complain. they actually swear at me and they talk like i have something to do with it! and there are also the people that drive by shouting obscenities. its only been three days of this, but im already tired of it.

sorry for the rant, just felt like sharing. and remember people, the guys(like me) that work at these places are suckers just like the rest of you, and we have to pay the same, its not like we get it free, i wish! so please dont take your frustration out on the lowly clerks.
wtf man, why do you keep on raising the prices for all of us, while you get to pay less $$ for gas, WTF is that, thats not fair, i hate people like you, you $%#@##@@#&&%$%*%

Old 08-31-2005, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

2008 when we elect a new president,hell i don't know,i just know someone is making a boatload of cash off this and i wish it was me,then i could say bow to me peasantsj/k,i am lucky to own 2 cars ,one being a honda accord 4 cyl,sorry won't do the fart can thingy,but i get 35 mpg with it,only drive the camaro on the weekend
Old 08-31-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

This might help

Originally Posted by .
Pricing analysts say consumers can expect even higher prices at the pump.
August 31, 2005: 11:18 AM EDT
By Grace Wong, CNN/Money staff writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Consumers can expect retail gas prices to rise to $4 a gallon soon but whether they stay there depends on the long-term damage to oil facilities from Hurricane Katrina, oil and gas analysts said Wednesday.

"There's no question gas will hit $4 a gallon," Ben Brockwell, director of pricing at the Oil Price Information Service, said. "The question is how high will it go and how long will it last?"

OPIS tracks wholesale and retail oil prices and provides pricing information for AAA's daily reports on fuel prices.

Brockwell said with gasoline prices now exceeding $3 a gallon before even reaching the wholesale level, it "doesn't take a genius" to expect retail prices to hit $4 a gallon soon.

"Consumers haven't seen the worst of it yet," Brockwell said.

He expects consumers in the Southeast and Northeast to be pinched first, following the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the Gulf Coast region.

Katrina forced operators to close more than a tenth of the country's refining capacity and a quarter of its oil production, which sent gasoline prices surging.

"With this kind of hiccup in refinery capacity, in stretched markets like California, you could see over $4 a gallon in gas," Evan Smith, an analyst at U.S. Global Investors, told CNN/Money.

While it's still too early to fully assess the damage caused by Katrina, efforts to build up inventories of crude oil, natural gas and other products like gasoline will be set back by the storm, according to Nariman Behravesh, chief economist at Global Insight.

In a research note, Behravesh laid out a worst-case scenario that puts average prices for regular unleaded gasoline at about $3.50 a gallon for the next four to six months.

"The impact on consumer spending in such a scenario would be very dramatic, cutting the growth rate by as much as 3 percent and pushing real GDP growth in the fourth quarter closer to zero," he wrote.

In a best-case scenario, he forecast retail pump prices to peak at $3 a gallon for a couple of months, but then fall back to around $2.50 by year-end.

The nationwide average price for a gallon of regular unleaded hit a fresh high of $2.619 Wednesday, according to AAA, the largest U.S. motorist organization, formerly known as the American Automobile Association.

Average gasoline prices have gained 40 percent in the last year.

Prices for crude oil are also up sharply and are currently hovering near record highs just under $70 a barrel.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
wtf man, why do you keep on raising the prices for all of us, while you get to pay less $$ for gas, WTF is that, thats not fair, i hate people like you, you $%#@##@@#&&%$%*%

id make you pay 3.35.

we need to start tapping other resources. we should bring alberta into the union, western canada's floating in oil.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Launching!

i'm getting a segway
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was watching the news and atlanta is at over $6 a gallon!!!!!!!!!! you should be happy your paying half that
Old 08-31-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
i was watching the news and atlanta is at over $6 a gallon!!!!!!!!!! you should be happy your paying half that
I just now saw that, talk about insane.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Launching!

I just paid $3.51.9 at a f%^kin' Krogers !! I guess I'm supposed to be happy? I'm not going to say how I really feel at this time. This is fu^%kin
Old 08-31-2005, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Im getting a bike ...lol
Old 08-31-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

it just keeps going and going and going...............

i say we make iraq pay us back in oil what it cost us to make them free.

but that would get the liberal whiners into an uproar.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its not going to stop until we get a new President .If it was up only to 2.50 that would be outrageous,we are getting raped plain and simple and no one with the power to do anything is going to!
Old 08-31-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Complaining isn't going to help....just deal with it guys.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by AaronR
Its not going to stop until we get a new President .If it was up only to 2.50 that would be outrageous,we are getting raped plain and simple and no one with the power to do anything is going to!
no political rants, and bush caused huricane catrina as well. thats has as much weight as your arguement.

first we were blaming the middle east for the surge in gas prices. and now we are blaming the hurricane. I know supply and demand is a huge part of it. Plus the oil companies KNOW they can charge you that much, its either pay it or go no where. Another thing is the EPA will not allow any more refineries to open up. we got all the oil we need, just not enough ways to process it.

I voted for Bush, but he wasn't elected in on his economic policies, he was voted in on the war. And in 2008 im hoping we don't get ruddy, clinton, or mccain. thats not a good step in the right direction at all.

there has to be a logical idea out there that the consumers can do to make there voice be heard.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Spazdout
no political rants, and bush caused huricane catrina as well. thats has as much weight as your arguement.

first we were blaming the middle east for the surge in gas prices. and now we are blaming the hurricane. I know supply and demand is a huge part of it. Plus the oil companies KNOW they can charge you that much, its either pay it or go no where. Another thing is the EPA will not allow any more refineries to open up. we got all the oil we need, just not enough ways to process it.

I voted for Bush, but he wasn't elected in on his economic policies, he was voted in on the war. And in 2008 im hoping we don't get ruddy, clinton, or mccain. thats not a good step in the right direction at all.

there has to be a logical idea out there that the consumers can do to make there voice be heard.

Well said, I think only the uneducated blame the president. He has much less control that most think. It is much more complex than what we get to see. The oil companies are loving it right now, and they are just getting more and more excuses to hike up. EPA is one of the main reasons excuses are working to hike prices. You would think in times like this they would say screw it and allow more to be built, but thats not going to happen. Its funny that Bush was blamed in this post, because i was watching the news earlier and this middle aged joe dirt in mississippi was blaming bush for him not having clean water to drink soon enough. Bush is the only person to point a finger at it seems. A lot of folks (not all) would have had clean water if they would have understood the severity of what was about to happen. Dont get me wrong i feel like we need to do everything in our power to help those in need, but a lot of people underestimated this one.

That being said gas prices will not improve for a long time. It has affected my lifestyle already. I find myself sitting a home and chilling a lot more ,to save cash.We will become different people from this. You can say that this is the second wave of musclecar dieoff coming soon. You can kiss a lot of V8's goodbuy in daily driven vehicles. The SUV trend is going to halt pretty fast at this pace also. Prepare to see a lot more bikes.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned

i just paid 2.93 for 93
Old 08-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Teching In

just to lighten the mood a little bit but i found it kind of funny when someone tagged the shell down my street with "**** this---->" pointing to the gas price, i chuckled to my self and payed for a full tank ($40.00) then was instantly saddened by by empty wallet and cried on my way to work, realizing i would pay the same exact thing if not higher, in THREE days. oh god my eyes are swelling up right now, i have to go......
Old 09-01-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well first there was the Middle East,then its China using so much oil,now its the hurricane.So which is it?There is an endless supply of excuses as to why gas keeps going up. Im not claiming to be an expert,but its obviously price fixing ,which is a crime.When your president is(sorry, was) in the oil industry he is sure as **** not going to start an type of inquiry or investigation.

Search this Thread