Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Sneakiest Streetrace You've Ever Seen...

Old 09-01-2005, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sneakiest Streetrace You've Ever Seen...

Basically I wanna hear stories about races you've seen where someone gets hustled, lol. Hidden nitrous, sandbaggin', etc.

My favorite was a buddy of mine who had a Foxbody coupe with a mild 306/spray, car ran 12.0's NA and 11.teen's on squeeze. We were up north at a spot and a guy wants a race with our friend. Guy wanted our friend to run on motor but he didn't want to. They finally agree to run for a bill. Our buddy goes around to the trunk, and unhooks the line from the 10lb bottle. They run and our friend wore the other guy out.

They get back and the guys were swearing up and down that our friend sprayed. We let 'em check everywhere in the car except under the hood (because the other guy wouldn't let us check under his hood before or after the race). Looked inside the car...there's a helmet in the floor, some empty McDonalds bags, some napkins...nothing up front. We go around to check the trunk again...line's still unhooked. They finally paid up, frusterated as hell, lol.

On our way out our friend with the coupe informed us about the 2lb bottle under the HELMET in the floorboard behind his seat! Lol! They looked right at it. I know the ol' dummyline nitrous trick is nothing new, but I thought that was a pretty cool place to hide it (under the helmet).

Our friend also informed us that a 2lb bottle was just barely enough for a full pass on a 175

Jon

Last edited by unit213; 09-01-2005 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Oh ive seen /done worse.

Older fox i had.A/c heater box was gutted with a hidden 5lb bottle in it..
The bottle in the back,Was a dummy,ran to a line that was plugged off.SO it still leaked when you unhooked it

And we raced each other until a new victim came along.Then we sandbagged till the money got right..
Old 09-01-2005, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

I remember on about 15 years ago when I was a teen streetracer a friend had a 70 nova 396 bb 13.1 comp.vic jr holly dommanator you get the picture
turbo 400 and a 9inch. and slicks.where we used to race people would come from all over the state to race others .guy pulls up 1979 camaro said to be 355 small cam 4speed car 10 bolt 373 rear.car didnt sound that good Idled around 900-1000rpms full exaust didnt seem or sound like a lot of compression.had street tires but were those hoosier street slicks.my friend and I looked over the car no sump no 1/2 inch lines,he poped the hood was a sb motor but would not thake the air cleaner off. opened the trunk nothing was back there but a speaker box I tied to move it but was bolted down I said could be a bottle in there the guy said he had no nos.we looked for lines under car found nothing but I felt he was on the bottle because he would not take off his air cleaner.but my friend said he wanted to race him anyway he said look at the car even sounds crappy.and its a sb car.so the race was on for 200$
they heat up there tires line up and this girl flags them there off I was at the finish so I could see who won and that crappy camaro got the nova by 2 cars
my friend pays up but we always wondered what that camaro really had.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

this aint much of a story and no money was involved but anyways this guy nobody knows shows up and wants to race a fox body coupe. stang only ran 8.30s without spray and he had to unhook the bottle.i can't remember exactly what car the other guy had but he was running stock manifolds.after a quick reaming on the stang he revealed the manifolds had been extrude-honed and a few more odds and ins.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are pretty good ones. I have a decent one though. My buddy and I are crusing around in his heavily modded 04 Evo MR, waiting to meet up with a bunch of our friends to hang out. As he is driving around he sees this guy in an STI following real close to his rear bumper. Finally they catch a light and the guy in the STI wants to run. Found out later on the STI is stock except for a turbo back. My buddy has an upgraded turbo, Manual boost controller, WGA, Turboback, BOV, Upgraded Intercooler, Upgraded Fuel system, and some engine work done. All the roads in the area are shitty so they went onto the highway to race. My buddy has race gas from the track the other night in his tank so he decides to play with the guy. First race he leaves his boost setting real low and lets the STI barely edge him out. My buddy rolls down the window and asks him if he wants to run again for money. STI says no but that he will race him again for fun so my buddy says what the hell, cranks up his boost, and leaves the guy like he isnt moving. Guy in the STI finally catches up once my buddy lets out of it and is shaking his head in awe of how bad he got raped. Didnt result in any money but it was funny to see the guy in the STI go from being elated at beating an evo to realizing how bad he got played and smoked.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Not a hustle, but it is always entertaining to make a kill when they think you are stock. A couple months ago I got a modified S4 to run against what he thought was my stock Trans Am. They had a pretty funny 'WTF' look on their faces when they pulled up along side again.

Below is from the Audi Site posted from their point of view. I got a kick out it. Cool group of guys as well.

From www.audiworld.com

I was driving to Providence with a bunch of cars who had to drop them off at a car show sat night. While driving i notice a stock looking gold trans am riding my bumper, when traffic breaks up he screams past me. I pull up next to him and do three beeps in 2nd, by the time i was at the end of third he had about ten car lengths on me! The next day at the car show he comes up to me and tells me he has 700whp with like a 20psi supercharger, and it looked completely stock, even with stock exhaust tips. nice sleeper, except for the extreme whistle when he got on it.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahaha hey nogo, yea I remeber that one. I know the guys in the S4, they are good guys but they only post videos when they win, they delete all the losses. I tried for weeks to get that clip but everytime I asked they kept saying that someone else got it, and after asking all of the guys and getting the same response I figured out they deleted it. Haha but I remeber the first time hearing the story from them they were in awe of your TA and the way it pulled them like someone hooked an anchor up to their bumper!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

My buddy with a 9 sec. GNX got called out by this guy with a fox body. This fox body is a 12 or 13 second car. My buddy had a HUGE Turbo V8 Iron Block and all the goodies to run 9's in the dam thing. When he started the car, the guys were like He figured they were going to do that so he gave them a break, and also gave them a 13 CAR lead that they asked for and the move!!! So they accepted and when they moved, by the time the GNX shifted to second he was at their door and put trains on them...
Old 09-01-2005, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NoGo
Not a hustle, but it is always entertaining to make a kill when they think you are stock.
I agree.I get a kick in all the looks when they look at me as stock..By then its to late ,even the charger is quite till i hit it..
Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

Bringing this back from the dead because these are some good story's and I under estimated a car over the summer and lost some money so it makes me feel better.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

It will probably get locked down but I'll share one. This was in the mid 90's. I remember this older guy with a turd brown 70's Nova in Colorado Springs. I think it was a 71. Anyway this think was a brown turd with hubcaps, three of those, and it looked like an old grandma car. Raise the hood and it looked like a stock smallblock. He went so far as to have the stock air cleaner and iron exhaust manifolds. The exhaust manifolds were extrude honed within an inch of their life and the aircleaner had holes punched in it for more air. He had screens to make it look like a stocker, at night anyway. He'd come to the local spot and bet 500 bucks a race. He would always win by a fender or less. No matter who he ran. Rumor was the car could run 10's. The guy was nuts. I never saw him lose. I know the car was way faster than it should of been. I don't know what all was done to the car but I did know the guy that did his heads and he just told me they weren't cheap.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Burn story for the honda boys

Me and my boys had been going back and forth with this honda crew, no matter what they tried to bring at us we always won. So one time we let them choose the race, they ended up choosing my BONE stock auto Z-28 (00') vs. their gutted to crap, built motor, nitrous & slick hatchback. We give them 5 cars and the move, for $280. All they wanted to do is look under the hood, so we let them.

On the way to the track we pull off the road and slap on a quick n2o kit, literally takes 2mins to install. We used a spare lid/maf/accordian with the nozzle, solenoids, button and lines already hooked up.

Get to the line and I follow their move, and pull past them just before the end and FLY by them taking the win by 2 cars. I had a SOLID 12-15mph on that lil honda. Oh they were up in arms about it!!! It was the funniest thing ever, we ended up ripping the kit off while coming back around the block. They nearly pulled a gun on one of my boys, good thing he had mine and they happened to see him with it. (Don't condone guns at races, but these guys had a reputation for rolling 35-40 people deep and trying to punk people out of money even if they lost) Til this day they hate me and refuse to race any of my cars. What did they expect trying to set-up a race like that?

A week later they brought out the same honda with a turbo and tried to race one of our other cars, but they only made that hatch slower in the process of being pissed and eager for revenge.

Last edited by djsanchez2; 01-07-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Burn story for the honda boys

Me and my boys had been going back and forth with this honda crew, no matter what they tried to bring at us we always won. So one time we let them choose the race, they ended up choosing my BONE stock auto Z-28 (00') vs. their gutted to crap, built motor, nitrous & slick hatchback. We give them 5 cars and the move, for $280. All they wanted to do is look under the hood, so we let them.

On the way to the track we pull off the road and slap on a quick n2o kit, literally takes 2mins to install. We used a spare lid/maf/accordian with the nozzle, solenoids, button and lines already hooked up.

Get to the line and I follow their move, and pull past them just before the end and FLY by them taking the win by 2 cars. I had a SOLID 12-15mph on that lil honda. Oh they were up in arms about it!!! It was the funniest thing ever, we ended up ripping the kit off while coming back around the block. They nearly pulled a gun on one of my boys, good thing he had mine and they happened to see him with it. (Don't condone guns at races, but these guys had a reputation for rolling 35-40 people deep and trying to punk people out of money even if they lost) Til this day they hate me and refuse to race any of my cars. What did they expect trying to set-up a race like that?

A week later they brought out the same honda with a turbo and tried to race one of our other cars, but they only made that hatch slower in the process of being pissed and eager for revenge.
Now thats funny. If you dont like that story you need to get the hell out of the thread
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

A friend of mine that has since moved was the ultimate in hiding nitrous systems... he did a kit where he had the solenoids painted black and were inside the air cleaner housing. He ran all the braided lines inside of vacuum hoses and what not so you couldn't tell from the outside if you looked at the car for hours that it had nitrous. He ran the supply line under the carpet so there was nothing under the car to look at...... But the greatest trick that he had was the speaker box. It was an early 90's camaro (IROC style).... The box was setup for two 12" woofers but he had stripped down the woofers of the magnets and all the electronics on the backside.... then he bolted just the circular front parts of the woofers back into the box.... but not before he had slipped a full NOS 10 lb bottle into the enclosure.... Getting the bottle in and out took only like 5 minutes, there was a bracket inside that kept the bottle from moving around inside and from the outside you cuoldn't tell the difference between non-operational woofers and working woofers.... he even had the amp mounted to the side of the thing and wires running into the box..... He sheathed the braided steel supply line in red rubber so it looked like the main power wire that normally goes to the battery.... under the hood he had the same wire connected to the battery with a fuse but those two wires never touched each other... it was all for the look.... the nitrous button was his left side horn and i think the nitrous switch was wired in parallel with his fog lights..... craziest **** i've even seen..... but worked each and every time i'd seen him race.... dudes would look at the car for hours and never find shiet....
Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Two guys agreed to race for $$$$$$.

Guy one: We are going to go from a dead stop and you leave when I do

Guy two: Thats fine

Both guys line up at the line and guy two stalls up to spool the turbo

Guy one sits there deciding when to go

Guy two sits and watches for guy one to move an inch

A man runs up to guy ones car and opens the door to tell him something

Guy two lets off the throttle wondering what the **** is going on

Guy one floors it with the door open

Guy two can't make up the lost ground

Guy one wins....

We race dirty around here.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

I just tell them I have a LT1 with a Hot-Cam and a Cut-out. It works on the snotty kids with the LS1's or any one else that doesn't know any better and thinks the guy with the "LT1" car is just slow..
Old 01-07-2009, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

I got hustled one day in Chit-town in the goat. So here's the story we go to Chi-town for some fun. We bring two cars a 10.30 camaro on motor and my GTO (stock) at the time. Well no one wanted to run the camaro so i ended up racing the goat for $20. The guy said its a stock TA with a dr's and a cut out. Oh and a flowmaster. So i was like ok. Now this is were it gets good. He gives me 2 cars and he beat me by 2. I was like wtf??? I beat my buddies stock ws6 (02) all day and he runs 13.2's all day. So we get back and he wanted to give me 7 for $500. I was like hell no im a ok on that. But i had fun and i no theres always a faster car. Sorry for the long post. OH yea we tryed to use the cam and intake only for the camaro but no one wanted anything. I think the bograts gave it way. Damn..
Old 01-07-2009, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Two guys agreed to race for $$$$$$.

Guy one: We are going to go from a dead stop and you leave when I do

Guy two: Thats fine

Both guys line up at the line and guy two stalls up to spool the turbo

Guy one sits there deciding when to go

Guy two sits and watches for guy one to move an inch

A man runs up to guy ones car and opens the door to tell him something

Guy two lets off the throttle wondering what the **** is going on

Guy one floors it with the door open

Guy two can't make up the lost ground

Guy one wins....

We race dirty around here.
Damn that's a good idea
Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

man good stories guys! i won't usually tell people i'm cammed until after i beat them, now i just need that sneaky 75 shot
Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

a guy in a cammed 5liter wanted to race my 98 gtp a few yrs back...all the gtp had was cai,plugs/wires/pulley/pcm..ran 13.9ish...well i also had a 75shot on it that was hidden in a "sub box". (one sub was hooked up, other was blown and was just to cover everything up.) raced for $100, got em by 5 cars lol. he was pissed. to this day only about 2 people know about my nitrous setup on that car.

Search this Thread