Generation III External Engine - Gmmg Cb

View Full Version : Gmmg Cb

BLwNo3COBRA
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
I have a GMMG and the tips hang a little low. I was thinking of getting new rubbers for the right and left side of the exhaust, but they look good still. There was a post here couple of months ago on how to tuck the GMMG. Do any of you guys know how to tuck it up a little?

Full-Force
09-01-2005, 11:24 AM
If you have a rubber hanger then you can take a hoseclamp and put it around it and tighten it up. It will squeeze the rubber and raise the tips.

BLwNo3COBRA
09-01-2005, 11:33 AM
If you have a rubber hanger then you can take a hoseclamp and put it around it and tighten it up. It will squeeze the rubber and raise the tips.
Doesn't everyone have a rubbers for the hangers? I have a 99 SS and I don't know if that's different from the other years. How would I put it around it and tighten it up?

Lithium
09-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I would just take it to an exhaust shop and see what they can do about it.

satinleafct
09-03-2005, 04:48 PM
I would just take it to an exhaust shop and see what they can do about it.

The place I took mine to installed it perfectly, it's tucked up nice and good.

LSWannabe
09-04-2005, 02:04 AM
The hose clamp works very good for lifting the driver side tip to even it up (#14 or #16 clamp I think). The passenger side has that 90 degree bracket that slides in, I'd have to put some thought into how to rig that up higher. Not sure what to tell you right now though, all of your axle/heat shield clearances good?

BLwNo3COBRA
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Everything is good...Just need to tuck it up a little more.

gettinthere
09-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Mine hangs too. I've been told 2 solutions to this. #1 Heat up the pipes and bend them up a bit. #2 There is something that can be done with the I pipe, but I don't quite remember what. I'm too lazy to do either, so mine hangs a bit.

WS6freak
09-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I had the same problem and at the exhaust shop the guy took 1 inch or so of pipe in front of the axle, where the pipe is curved down to meet the I-pipe. Now it's absolutely perfect.

BLwNo3COBRA
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I had the same problem and at the exhaust shop the guy took 1 inch or so of pipe in front of the axle, where the pipe is curved down to meet the I-pipe. Now it's absolutely perfect.
So how much did that cost you?