Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

guys... any of you able men care for a trip to nawlins?

Old 09-02-2005, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guys... any of you able men care for a trip to nawlins?

im seriously thinking about buy a truck bed full of bottle water, and renting like a uhaul trailer adn filling it up with water and finding a way to drive down there and pass it out.. i cant get my eyes away from the tv... its literally tearing me apart to see this.. honestly it is worse then 9/11, the death toll will prolly be similar, but after 9/11 we were united, we had hope, we knew we would beat that situation... i see none of those things in neworleans right now..... and it brings tears to my eyes..

mass rapes, ppl laying dead in the street. ppl's grandmothers, ppl's mothers, ppls babies are laying dead in the street... if nothing changes in the next 24 hrs i fear it wont be a few thousand dead it will be 10's of thousands

i wish to take my rifle and perch on a roof and take out as many of these thugs that are trying to take control of the city using there guerilla warfare...
Old 09-02-2005, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

i just dont see how they can let these guys roam the city and do these things. police officers are deserting there jobs.. but where are the soldiers.. they need to start conductin military like sweeps adn search these thugs out door to door just like in iraq and take them down
Old 09-02-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Resident

The state police will not let you in the city or even close to it. Best bet would be just donate the stuff somewhere..
Old 09-02-2005, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

i dunno some dude jus pm'd me saying there giving out gas vouchers somewhere for ppl that wanna volunteer to get down there.. plus i could possibly hole up with family

the worst thing that is keeping me from going is the martial law, the gangs that dont seem to want any outside help.. i guess the dont realize there is a world outside there flooded city, that they cant take control of..

best thing to do might just be to take that truck full of water somewhere it can be flown in..

what im thinking tho is the media is bad mouthing hte recovery effort so much its whats wanting to make me go down there, honestly the media tends to do things like this and make it seem like nobody is trying to help, when infact, im sure there doing all they can, i mean how much can a unarmed rescue worker help a group of thugs holed up in a building with guns ya know
Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Speaking from the Coast Guard point of view, we sent a crew of guys to help down there from here in NJ. We're prepping to send another crew. Our crew alone has rescued of 100 people per day. To be honest with you, when a storm that big is coming, and your told to leave but you stay, well, we will get to you when we get there. It pisses me off to see all those people at the convention center chanting we want help, when they're sitting on their fat asses not even helping themselves. Other people are walking, so pony up and get to the walking, they need it anyway.

On the point of the national guard going in with guns, it's going to make the hoodlum's start going crazy and shooting people, it'd just be a blood bath.

The looters, if they're stealing food and water for kids and what not, I'd probably let them do it, it's a necessity for them to keep on living. But the ignorant ******* that are taking shopping carts full of Nike's, I'd put a bullet in their head. Good job showing the world that some people deserve to be called a certain not nice word starting with "N".
Old 09-02-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Arcolog2
Speaking from the Coast Guard point of view, we sent a crew of guys to help down there from here in NJ. We're prepping to send another crew. Our crew alone has rescued of 100 people per day. To be honest with you, when a storm that big is coming, and your told to leave but you stay, well, we will get to you when we get there. It pisses me off to see all those people at the convention center chanting we want help, when they're sitting on their fat asses not even helping themselves. Other people are walking, so pony up and get to the walking, they need it anyway.

On the point of the national guard going in with guns, it's going to make the hoodlum's start going crazy and shooting people, it'd just be a blood bath.

The looters, if they're stealing food and water for kids and what not, I'd probably let them do it, it's a necessity for them to keep on living. But the ignorant ******* that are taking shopping carts full of Nike's, I'd put a bullet in their head. Good job showing the world that some people deserve to be called a certain not nice word starting with "N".
Well said.

I havent heard much about the rapes, but i havent been on the tv much lately either... any news on that?
those should be shot dead asap.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think your heart is in the right place and i am with you 100% considering i was born there and lived there for 12years...but i dont think it is a great idea to go down there and hand out water. A. you would probably get your truck stolen and B. they wouldnt let you into the city either way.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Good idea but, by the time you could actually plan that out and do it there will already be better resources in place to assist the victims.

I would be very surprised if a very large contingent of military/coast guard/relief workers is not in place by the weekend.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Just thought I'd share some first hand info that I learned today from a friend of mine here in Birmingham, AL.. He works at Merita Bakery which is a company here in B'ham that sells bread, cakes, etc. Merita donated a truck load of bread to the cause so they loaded a trailer up and sent a driver to New Orleans. When the driver arrived to drop off the bread and pass it out to the people, he was drug out of the truck and beated severly by the people he was trying to help.

You wonder why the government hasn't dropped the pallets of food/water into the "convention center" well that is the reason. Those people are acting like animals and they would kill each other over the food/water if we just went in and dropped it off for them. There would be more people dying from being stomped to death or beaten to death over rations than there would be from starvation.

Its a shame that some of these people act this way because it makes it that much harder for the good people to get the help that they deserve. I donated 3 boxes full of clothes, shoes, childrens toys, books, etc this morning and we are taking donations for the Red Cross here at my work. Even though you want to go down there and help I do not think that would be a wise decision unless you call the Red Cross or FEMA and volunteered through one of those organizations.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Alright.. lets get a bread truck with a little bit of food, and about 15-20 guys on the back.. if somebody hits the driver, all 15-20 of them will take and beat the living **** out of the ********, and then move on to the people who need the help.

Peace,
Josh
Old 09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Any military base in Lou will take your donations or direct you to where to drop them off safely. It will be used and greatly appreciated but you do need to check with the military first so you aren't in their way or in need of rescue yourself. The twice daily ground zero reports ask anyone to please do that instead of trying to plow into the hard hit areas.

Best of luck and thanks for helping.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

i really wanna do something like that, either in NO or the gulf coast but it would be really hard to take time off right now.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crazy Man
The state police will not let you in the city or even close to it. Best bet would be just donate the stuff somewhere..
Ya know what? Screw the state police, and screw anyone who would stop people from trying to help, while they sit on their asses forming a perimiter around the city. Give me 20-30 crazy ******* and a national news crew, and I' ll be the first SOB to cross their line!! I want to go in the, but I want some kinda support.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Well looks like the police are capping thoes people with guns and such hopefully they can get them out the way so they can finish getting thoes in need out
Old 09-04-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by distortion_69
Alright.. lets get a bread truck with a little bit of food, and about 15-20 guys on the back.. if somebody hits the driver, all 15-20 of them will take and beat the living **** out of the ********, and then move on to the people who need the help.

Peace,
Josh
Yea...15 guys vs. 15,000 starving/angry/psycho people...that seems fair to me...
Old 09-04-2005, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Everything is coming around now so it seems. We have alot of troops down there and trained emergency people are everywhere setting up make-shift hospitals and ER's.. Some close friends at the fire department unloaded a C-130 Airplane filled with the injured and sick people from NO yesterday at the Birmingham Airport.. They all said it was hard to handle and would stick with them for the rest of their lives..

I do not understand why people are saying that Pres. Bush should be impeached over this. And the actions of Kanye West on NBC the other night were simply assinine and he needs his *** kicked for the things he said on National tv.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

The police shot 7 and killed 5 people yesterday. These are the first shots that I know of fired to harm people the previously reported shooting, was a dumbass way of trying to be acknowledged by the rescuers flying over hear. Seeing some of the relief effort in New Orleans are having a hard time with what they see. One doctor had a breakdown, and two cops commited suicide. I guess none, or atleast very few of us can comprehend how bad it is there....
Old 09-05-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

take anything you want to the gulf or the "PINE BELT' of MS...nobody will hurt you there and the Pine Belt is in dire straights...FEMA hasnt even showed up here yet...everybody is hungry and thirsty and the red cross and FEMA is turning help down...
Old 09-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lnuxhakr
take anything you want to the gulf or the "PINE BELT' of MS...nobody will hurt you there and the Pine Belt is in dire straights...FEMA hasnt even showed up here yet...everybody is hungry and thirsty and the red cross and FEMA is turning help down...
hey your alive

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: guys... any of you able men care for a trip to nawlins?