Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cooling with the F1 (did a search)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling with the F1 (did a search)

Is anyone running their stock radiator/fan combo with the F1 head unit? I have heard of people trying to use their stock fans as pushers, but did not see anyone that said it worked.

I am starting from scratch and I have nothing other than the stock setup right now, but I'm trying to find out if I will need something different when I put the engine back in the car.

Should I try to find someone to make a custom radiator with a single fan so I can run my filter on the F1? Is there anyone that has done this?

I'll take any help I can get.. I really would like to be ahead of the game when I get my engine and put everything together.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try moving the bottom of the radiator forward ( by cutting the gussets on the edges of the core support) you could move it a good 3 to 4 inches forward, mabe even more if you don't use an A/C condenser.
i have an F1-R head unit and it fits ther with a rubber 90 deg. elbow and the condenser. i'm not using the dual fans ( the fan motor interferes with the blower housing ), instead i use a single 18" mustang fan.