Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it....

Old 09-07-2005, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How hard is it....

on a stock LS1 motor when running nitrous? I mean, wear on the motor. Im lookin into a NX dry kit w/75 shot. Im still learning about the internals on these motors so I need some advise from people with hands on experience. So I guess what Im really wanting to know is how much does running nitrous effect the life of the motor? Even with it properly tuned. I never plan on spraying bigger than a 75 shot because in the way later future I plan on a procharger kit & keeping the juice for the little extra if its needed.

Anyways, any info is very appreciated.

P.S. - Nitrous will only be used at the track. Should cut down on whatever wear I might see. I will only be makin it to the track maybe 2 times a month.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK. At only a 75 shot, proper tuning is not really needed. Just to check A/F ratio. You should be fine for a very long time. Normal wear.
As far as NX, they only do wet kits, not dry. If I was only spraying a 75 shot I would stay dry. Dry is easier to install, works fine and the A/F ratio should be fine as it is controlled by the ECU.
Anything larger then the 75 shot and more options/set-ups would apply.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

I was told by Nitro Dave the NX offered a dry kit like I am needing. Was he wrong or did I misunderstand him?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
on a stock LS1 motor when running nitrous? I mean, wear on the motor. Im lookin into a NX dry kit w/75 shot. Im still learning about the internals on these motors so I need some advise from people with hands on experience. So I guess what Im really wanting to know is how much does running nitrous effect the life of the motor? Even with it properly tuned. I never plan on spraying bigger than a 75 shot because in the way later future I plan on a procharger kit & keeping the juice for the little extra if its needed.

Anyways, any info is very appreciated.

P.S. - Nitrous will only be used at the track. Should cut down on whatever wear I might see. I will only be makin it to the track maybe 2 times a month.
For the Dry kits look at Nitrous Outlet halo kit, I hear and see people are have great time with that kit...

Now the wear and tear. Does not come directly from the nitrous, as long as the nitrous that is install is at or below the level the engine can handle...
The ls1 engines are extremely tough little cookies so a 75 no problem.. The real wear and tear comes from your foot going to full throttle more time because it is just more fun..
Run good oil, 2 steps colder plugs, good gas, and let it rip. You will be .
Ricky
Old 09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I was told by Nitro Dave the NX offered a dry kit like I am needing. Was he wrong or did I misunderstand him?
Big Mike..
NX does not offer any dry kits.However a DRy kits are built for us by NX.So we may have had a small miscommunication.With our dry kits you still get the NX quality
Dave
Old 09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
12 Second Club

oh, ok. Sorry about that Dave. Im really starting to lean towards jucin the motor more & more. Just trying to learn as much as possible before I buy something I dont completely understand. Im one of those guys that wants to know how every single part on or in my car operates so I know if I start to have a problem before its too late. Just seems smarter to do it that way to me.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Got another question also. Will this cam work just as good with nitrous or will I have some issues? Cam is a FM1-F13 230"/232" .595"/.585" on a 114 LSA
Old 09-07-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

That cam will work fine with the juice. It has the correct split, but using a 75 shot any cam should be fine. Nice cam either way! Plenty of good feedback on the Futral cams.

Search this Thread