Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D1sc blower on a Lingenfelter top end kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 04:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D1sc blower on a Lingenfelter top end kit???

Planning to slap on a D1sc ATI Procharger while the car is in storage this winter. I did some searches, but didn't quite find what I was looking for. I am wondering if the Lingenfelter GT2-3 cam will be a good blower cam or if I should swap it out. I want to switch over to having constant power as opposed to running nitrous on the motor. However, would I be able to run a small 75 shot and still be alright? My setup is listed in my sig with all the details.

My overall plan is to add the blower, then a 12 bolt or 9", then build the bottom end and call it a day. Any suggestions?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i personally would build the bottom end before the blower and also do the 9" before the blower, that way u are putting all that power from the blower to the ground and not wasting it
Old 09-07-2005, 05:02 PM
SSU Moderator

GT2-3 cam is perfect. Start researching the SDCE tensioner setup for the ATI procharger before you jump into it. ATI's eat belts pretty good, or at least the older ones did. They may have changed a few things.

Because of the amount of air being forced into the engine, I would be careful with the nitrous. It will add power tremendously (colder air due to the nitrous, plus the engine is above its normal efficiency already), so you may want to start with a 25-50 shot first.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:59 PM
TECH Junkie

that cam is perfect for F.I. as stated by RyanJ. Naturally aspirated it will make some decent power but nothting to get all giddy about. it really wakes up to a blower. EPP a sponsor here uses them alot with ati set ups and they make good power. as for nitrous a small shot may be ok but I would wait till you redid the bottom end, especially if you have the blower on, if the blower is not on a 75 shot would be fine as long as you are getting enought fuel.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info guys. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to swap cams. I'll be taking it easy on her once the blower is on, and I should have the cash for the rear end in the late winter, so she might not get driven thanks to the snow here in Indiana until after I have that anyway. I definitely won't be throwing nitrous into the mix until after the bottom end gets built up. Any other suggestions?