Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

will it hold?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will it hold?

i have a 70 chevy truck with a 350, turbo 400 trans, and not sure on which rear end. but i pulled a motor out of my friends late model race car and its make some where between 450 and 500 horsepower and revs to 7 grand. will the stock trans and rearend be able to handle this for awhile? i plan on upgradeing later but i have some races to settle first any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Andrew
Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 70chevy
i have a 70 chevy truck with a 350, turbo 400 trans, and not sure on which rear end. but i pulled a motor out of my friends late model race car and its make some where between 450 and 500 horsepower and revs to 7 grand. will the stock trans and rearend be able to handle this for awhile? i plan on upgradeing later but i have some races to settle first any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Andrew

The auto tranny will help the rear end, but don't plan on that tranny lasting.......also without a stall that motor is going to kill you on the bottom end.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:35 AM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the transmission won't grenade, but the stock set-up within probably won't hold the power/torque (if your figures are realistic) long. you'll likely lose 3rd gear then 2nd until 1st gear will be the only gear that will hold power due to clutch slippage.

Derek

Quick Reply: will it hold?