Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Newbie- I bought a Blow off Valve for my SC

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie- I bought a Blow off Valve for my SC

I got a Vortech Supercharger S-trim for my Camaro. Running the 2.75" pulley which im pretty sure makes like 12-13 lbs of sumhin like that. I bought a blow off valve. questions...the intake tract tube is plastic, so can i get like an exhaust shop to fab up a pipe like that to weld the BOV to. Also, what kinda sound will it make, i dont want that loud Pshshh sound the turbo ricer guys make, i want just a way to help out my sc from surge and wearing out my unit faster. I could care less about the sound, but what kinda sound is it gunna make??

And the nipple on top of the valve what do i put on that??

Thanks for any help
Old 09-08-2005, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

I'm no expert but i beleve it'll make the same sound as a turbo BOV. I mean it's the same thing. It all depends on which one you got, how much boost is gonna go through it, and if you're gonna vent to atmosphere or recirculate.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Its got a outlet rigt out into the atmosphere. Its a vortech blow off valve.

I am running 9lbs current but i have the smaller pulley to make it like 12-13 but i dunno if i wanna put it in
Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

I dunno anything about that particular BOV. But i think you'll be better off recirculating the air.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:37 PM
NKAWTG...N

if your recirculating the air then it will be virtually silent. i have a recirculating bov and for the first week i had it didnt even know if it was going off or not, now i can pick out the sound but its still tricky as hell to hear. if your going for loud vent it to atmosphere. and sadly i dont know crap about that brand of bov.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

Correct me if I'm wrong. But i also believe that aside from the sound i believe the car will be easier to tune and will run better if you recirculate.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:43 PM
On The Tree

by vortech BOV do you mean the mondo bypass valve.. now, i dont have a sc but from what i read it to vent it to the atmosphere will help keep the temps down on the head unit. and personally i think it sounds cool http://video.ls1tech.com/Player.aspx...9-DCAC46DEF95E

link courtesy from kp
Old 09-09-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tuning is not made easier by the air recirculating back into the head unit. You are thinking when metered air is vented to atmosphere which is a HUGE nono. The computer has no idea weather or not the air is recirculating or venting, it only cares about the air coming through the mass air flow sensor. Thus, the bypass/BOV must be before the MAF, the father away the better, to not cause turbulence around the MAF.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:07 AM
NKAWTG...N

yes ferocity02 hit the nail on the head. DO NOT PUT THE BOV/BYPASS VALVE BEHIND THE MAF.