Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon radio & CD plays fine but no display no clock

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Monsoon radio & CD plays fine but no display no clock

radio & cd play but recently a speaker blew the one just behind driver head.
I had some unrelated work done at the stealership after picking up car I noticed the speaker, now the radio display so I'm not sure if the speaker actually blew or was intensionaly destoryed
? 1.
speaker behind driver's head (is this called the sail panel?)
? 2.
Will a blown speaker cause the display to go south (speaker has been blown for a week then the display went).
I have no display and no clock .
? 3.
will the radio continue to play or is it on it's way out?
? 4.
am I wasting money on replacing the blown speaker/ radio having no display? I'm thinking this radio should last longer than 6 year's.

? 5.
do'es the clock and display have a separate fuse?

any solutions for this

sorry for asking so many ?s

I like the monsoon and don't want a after market radio (cost to much to replace the broken window when they steal a nice radio)

Thanks for any help.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its broken, probably cost more to replace the screen than to just buy a new one..
Old 09-08-2005, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

I have a stock camaro ss cassette deck and a stock pioneer 12 cd changer from my 00 SS.. Interested? PM me..
Old 11-02-2005, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

this talks about the display problems https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/396085-your-monsoon-head-unit-display-messed-up.html

If you haven't replaced it with an aftermarket HU yet.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joe_kool315
this talks about the display problems https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396085

If you haven't replaced it with an aftermarket HU yet.
That's a good thread for the display problem. The speaker blowing is just a coincidence.

No sooner did I replace my door speakers, befoer my sail panel speakers went. lol

The stock speakers are not the most reliable. Alas, I have to wait til next week to get my CX62's for the sail panels.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Launching!

i was gonna do that fix, but i took it to a shop and they put a new display in for 40 bucks..just one option..
Old 11-04-2005, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

That's pretty cheap!

aren't you the one who's dad worked near the shop that does the repairs for GM anyway??? and your repair date was within a year from the last time they repaired it?

or do I have my "redfbird's" mixed up
Old 11-04-2005, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

yep ...it's you ... that's prolly why it only cost you $40. prolly the only reason it was even $40 was becouse it didn't go through the dealer and you weren't the "origional" person that had the part swapped. ("parts" warranties are usually only good for the origional owner).

Good it only cost ya $40 though most of us don't have that option. I think they'll charge the average Joe $200 or more for the swap with core if I remember right.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Launching!

yea it was done by a busness that sends my dad trailor hitches acctually, just a coincidence that the person that had the car before me had it repaired for who knows what last spring by the same businesses audio department. To make a long story short they just put a new display in then ran it for 24 hours to make sure everything was good, then i believe they just charged me the labor, testing fee.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you had the car worked at by a dealership you don't frequent, I'd just honestly just try to blame it on them, but in a polite way, if there is even a chance it wasn't like that going in, was like that coming out.

Monsoons are on ebay all the time but I think that is probably a bad way to go because internet demand is still pretty high.

Try to find one at a local boneyard, or read up and give the soldering fix a shot yourself.

Quick Reply: Monsoon radio & CD plays fine but no display no clock