Northwest Members - CRUNCH!, Yup, you guessed it. (pix inside)

maximental
09-09-2005, 09:40 AM
I was turning left and a little oriental lady in a Ford Explorer dicided to slap Betty in the a$$. She caught the last 5 ft. of Betty's right, (passenger,) side. As I was turning, she hit me, at slow speed, and slid the rear of the car over and around 3-5 ft. :disgust:
My son was strapped in his carseat on the opposite side of the car. He was a little shook up, but fine. Everyone is okay, except Betty.
The Explorer had a little paint on the bumper. The towhook, and the liscence plate were scraped off.
I was able to use the spare and get her home. I looked for damage to the suspension, etc. when I had the wheel off and didn't see anything. We'll see what an alignment guy has to say.
I get to deal with the insurance people today. :nutkick: :thumbsdow What a major PITA, I really didn't need this right now. Oh, well. If I'm lucky they'll total her out, and I get to start over. Good thing I got that "GAP" insurance.

Later,

Maximental

Ryan K
09-09-2005, 09:48 AM
That Sucks!

Were you turning left, in front of her, and just weren't quick enough? Did you get a ticket or was it here fault? I hate to see peoples insurance jump. I had a accident and my insurance nearly doubled.

Ryan K.

Z ANGEL
09-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Oh, that's a bummer! It looks like a pretty hard hit! :judge:

I'm glad you and your son are both ok though, that's what matters most! :)

SmokinWS6
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

burbman
09-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Unfortunately it does not look like near enough for a total loss. Glad to hear that you and the kid are OK. Best of luck with the insurance.

Poik
09-09-2005, 11:01 AM
That sucks, but that is a pretty kickass spare..

maximental
09-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Yes, I guess I just wasn't quick enough. I was going west, and the sun had made quite a bit of glare around the light. I had sunglasses on, and still had a hard time seeing the light, I had to shade my eyes. I waited for the light to turn green, and went.... The cops never showed up, so no one got any tickets. :secret2:
RE: the total. I don't know. It will need, 1: a rear quarterpanel, I'm sure the labor for that and the part will be very expensive. 2: a new rear light housing, I know that will be several hundred dollars. 3: two new stock wheels, and a new tire,- there's almost 1K there. 4: a rear fascia -there's another few hundred dollars. 5: paint - 1K +... 6: a good alignment shop to look her over and make sure she is up to standards worthy of her stock performance #s.
Considering my 32K car is now bluebooked at 20K, 5K+ might be close enough to the % necessary to total it. I don't know at what % they do that.
What really sucks if they don't total it is the fact that I will probably have to wait for some parts from Australia. I have read posts where getting parts has beem a problem when other people have had accidents. It doesn't seem like GM has much of a parts inventory over here. Everything seems to still be in Australia where the cars are made.
I am going to try to get the ins. co. to get me a rental for the duration. I don't feel safe going highway speeds until she's fixed. The stock tire gets cut as I drive, I can't commute to work 22mi. round trip every day on the low milage spare.

Maximental

maximental
09-09-2005, 11:05 AM
That sucks, but that is a pretty kickass spare..

May look cool, but only 5" or so wide. :jest:

maximental

Nathan
09-09-2005, 11:30 AM
that is shitty

:(

WAHUSKER
09-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Man, that SUCKS Max. Such a pretty color too. What is it with all these Goats getting squished lately?

CHarris
09-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Sorry to see so much damage to that area. It'll be hard to get that to all look good again.

I'm happy everyone is at least okay, though.

I had a new front and rear fascia replaced from accident damage on my old vette. It was over 5K with no significant welding required. That panel is gonna be very expensive and the installation is gonna cost about 3 times the panel price I'll bet. It's too bad she didn't just hit the front end. That stuff is much easier to fix.

Crisisman
09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
I feel your pain Max. My front end is taking a beating. I got dinged in July...estimate was $900(not enough to justify the claim when the deductible is $500)...then just the other day I got slapped by a large piece of tire left by a semi truck. It didn't do any real damage, but scared the crap out of me, knocked the front fascia loose(popped it back into place just fine), and left me a huge black streak on the car(which shows up all too well on yellow).

Murphy's Law

maximental
09-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Progressive, (Insurance Co.) had me drop the car off at a body shop this morning. I guessed at least 5-6K when I talked w/the guy doing the estimate at the shop, and he didn't argue. On the positive side, my deductible is only $500.00. We'll see how long this is gonna take, and how well she is when it's done. :eyes:
I noticed some more damage to the car this morning too. A scrape on the lower front fascia, and the steering wheel doesn't line up right when driving straight down the road anymore = possible front suspension damage from hitting the curb after she spun me to the side.
Good grief Charlie Brown. I'm beginning to hope they really do call her a total. :bang:

Maximental

My1st Truck
09-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Sorry to see that man, hope it works out for you!

Amorget
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM
If she hit you why does your deductible come into affect? She should be paying for this...

JP87GN
09-09-2005, 11:07 PM
I do collision repair for a living and from the pics I seen there is going to be hidden damage to the inner quarter panel wheelhouse. Sorry about your luck!I hope its at a respectable shop!

Flaminchiten67
09-09-2005, 11:39 PM
I think I saw you driving down 99 yesterday morning, I saw that same color goat with a guy driving it down 99 near Circle in the morning around 8:45 ish.

I would have been the guy in the pewter SS breaking his neck to get a good look at your car :)

GEARHED
09-10-2005, 07:25 AM
*repeat everyone else*
That sucks royal and glad you and your son are okay. I have noticed Progressive is more prone to total a car that has GAP, they did us and a few friends when I *know* they were repaired and re-sold. If you ask they pretty much will do it and no, you don't have to pay your deductible.
Q: did you decide not to wait for any police to show because of your son? I would have held out. Nothing beats a police report with so many people thinking they hit the jackpot even if they caused the crash :confused:

I'm not sure what is up with people lately but there have been a bunch of crashes - last night there was a fatality here where people constantly try to beat the left turn oncoming traffic light. I rolled up just as EM vehicles were - its so not fun to see a driver squished between the steering wheel and seat. At least the airbag was covering their face but not the blood.

Ya gotta watch it out there. People are going bonkers for seemingly no good reason and they seem to be out to get US!

Take care and don't be surprised if your son has nightmares for a few months even though he was fine. Mine did at 2 years old when a drunk driver hit us head on and same deal, not a scratch or bruise on the outside.

99blancoSS
09-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Very sorry to hear what happened, the most important thing is your kid was ok. As far as a total, I doubt it very much unless there is some frame damage. Your looking at obviously a new quarter as well as some other parts but unless the frame is bent a total is very unlikely. I have progressive as well. They were very quick to take care of things when someone smudged my SS with their boat trailer. Good luck and if its not the way it was before the accident take it back and make them fix it to the point of the way it was. From my dealings I've had they will total if the dollar value of the repair is more than the worth of the car, or the car is not structuraly sound (bent or damaged frame). Not sure why you want a total here anyway, you'll loose money. You just bought the car, it has to have depreciated past the point of breaking even. Unless you have insurance that covers the replacement cost of a new car and does not take depreciation into account. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised to see anyone break even at this point in ownership. You havent even paid for a full year have you? My guess is that you'd be loosing about 3k-5k on the deal. Like I said maybe I'm wrong. OR you could have the thing paid nearly off which would change the matter but I'd look at that before I decided to total

maximental
09-10-2005, 11:39 AM
I think I saw you driving down 99 yesterday morning, I saw that same color goat with a guy driving it down 99 near Circle in the morning around 8:45 ish.

I would have been the guy in the pewter SS breaking his neck to get a good look at your car :)

That would have been me. I had stuff to do that morning in town. I live just a little ways north on 99.

Ya can't miss Betty once you know her. :)

RE: not waiting for the cops. The ones here are completely useless. They probably would have found some reason to harass me or write me a ticket. Based on my previous experiences with them, (I grew up in this town,) I was better off not getting them involved.
Re: the total. Yes, I had the "gap" insurance put in the loan contract. The difference between what I owe on the car and trade-in bluebook is about 12K at this point. I've had it almost a year. It would be nice to get out from under the 600+ payments every month and start over. I've always liked the late model f-bodys, although some are a bit overdone on styling, IMO.
RE: Who pays what. It has been my experience that the insurance companies pretty well thrash this out amongst themselves. As to who's fault it was, etc..
/rant on
As a consumer, I feel that I really don't have much control of that process. This sux, but whacha gonna do w/out killing yourself by paying tons o' legal fees, and putting up with all the bs.
The insurance lobby pretty much gets whatever the hell they want in this state. Look at the "Mandatory" insurance law. In my mind, that's a perfect example. Mandatory insurance = more expensive insurance. I have never seen where the comission that is supposed to protect the consumers of this state have actually taken any action to reduce insurance premiums. Ya know if they had, we would have heard the insurance companies screaming bloody murder. /rant off

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words, and best wishes.

Maximental

Amorget
09-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Your insurance company does nothing for you unless you have C&C, which in my case I don't carry. This means I have to hash it out against the other insurance company. If you have C&C then yeah, you can do it.

GTO_Scott
09-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Ouch, sorry to see the GTO getting hit like that, glad you two are ok. Wish we could have met up and gone to the strip, I think you're the closest 04/05 owner to me. :)

If you decide to get out of the GTO and into the f-body (I know this depends on if they total it or not) I would be interested in your Lingelter CAI setup. I sold mine when I moved and regret it.

maximental
09-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Ouch, sorry to see the GTO getting hit like that, glad you two are ok. Wish we could have met up and gone to the strip, I think you're the closest 04/05 owner to me. :)

If you decide to get out of the GTO and into the f-body (I know this depends on if they total it or not) I would be interested in your Lingelter CAI setup. I sold mine when I moved and regret it.

Actually that has been sitting in a box in my storage shed for a couple of weeks. Something told me to put everything back to stock a couple of weeks ago, not sure why then, but now it seems like it wasn't such a bad idea. The new wheels are in storage too. I guess I'm crazy like a fox. :headbang:
I would be willing to part with that. PM me w/a reasonable offer.

Maximental

97BlackT\A
09-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Damn, I thought I was going to be the last one this year...Very sorry to see the car so bashed.
5-6k damage is low IMO. It will likely top 8k. Very labor intensive, lots of parts, imported parts at that! When we repaired cars damaged like that where I used to work the owners rarely ever kept them. Sold them off after repair and got someething new.
Sometimes they're never the same, no matter how high quality the repair.
VERY sorry...

Rottluver
09-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Progressive, (Insurance Co.) had me drop the car off at a body shop this morning. I guessed at least 5-6K when I talked w/the guy doing the estimate at the shop, and he didn't argue. On the positive side, my deductible is only $500.00. We'll see how long this is gonna take, and how well she is when it's done. :eyes:
I noticed some more damage to the car this morning too. A scrape on the lower front fascia, and the steering wheel doesn't line up right when driving straight down the road anymore = possible front suspension damage from hitting the curb after she spun me to the side.
Good grief Charlie Brown. I'm beginning to hope they really do call her a total. :bang:

Maximental
I have Progressive & I can tell ya that even at $5k or more, they aren't going to total out a car that is booked at $20k or more........the cutoff is usually 80% or more.......so unless you have $16k or more damage, I am thinking they are just gonna fix it.........my buddy's '02 Firehawk had $18k in damage (in a wreck this time last year) and they fixed it without saying a word........and how is it a 2004 Goat is only worth $20k???? :(

When I got rear-ended in 2004 LAPD never came out (they don't unless someone is dead or dying) and Progressive not only didn't charge me my deductible (the accident wasn't my fault) but they also didn't give me ANY grief about getting it fixed when it was determined that the bimbo who hit me has her insruance revoked!!!!! :eek2: Best time I have EVER had dealing with insurance. :nod:

maximental
09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
6K to start, with the expectation that they will find more as they go.
The back end of the car is out of square/spec.. The suspension is damaged, presumably front and rear as I expected. :ripped:
Just 'cause they can fix it doesn't mean they have to. Oh, well. Maybe I'll file bankruptcy, and GMAC can have the car back..
Oh, yeah, the parts have to come from somewhere back east, I only have to wait 'til the end of the month to get my car back-read this with intense sarcasm.. :boiling:
What a PITA!

Maximental.

Rottluver
09-13-2005, 11:44 PM
6K to start, with the expectation that they will find more as they go.
The back end of the car is out of square/spec.. The suspension is damaged, presumably front and rear as I expected. :ripped:
Just 'cause they can fix it doesn't mean they have to. Oh, well. Maybe I'll file bankruptcy, and GMAC can have the car back..
Oh, yeah, the parts have to come from somewhere back east, I only have to wait 'til the end of the month to get my car back-read this with intense sarcasm.. :boiling:
What a PITA!

Maximental.
Even at double that they won't total the car out. And sadly (for you it seems) just because a repair shop "could" opt not to fix it doesn't mean the insurance is gonna want to cough up double or triple the repair amount to pay off your loan.........this is their $$ they are dealing with so they will take the cheapest route outta this that they can. The exception being that if the car was borderline totaled then they would opt not to fix (probably) since it would become a liability for them if they did.

Amorget
09-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Max, make sure you attempt to get the money for "loss of value" from the insurance company. The car just won't be worth as much after an accident and lots of time insurance companies with compensate you for that.

maximental
09-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Max, make sure you attempt to get the money for "loss of value" from the insurance company. The car just won't be worth as much after an accident and lots of time insurance companies with compensate you for that.

Never heard of this, sounds promising. Do you have more info.?

Maximental

Amorget
09-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Nope, not really, never dealt with it, but I am sure someone here can help ya.

93TAWicked1
09-19-2005, 08:04 PM
You really have to get a lawyer involved with that loss of value stuff. I had my Jetta munched much worse than that and they fixed it and it was a serious PITA. Guy rear ended it and I think the bill was close to 8k no suspension damage but a KIA went up underneath and tore up the whole truck rear quarter etc etc.

Jyla was pretty sore and the insurance was a PITA I wish we would have gotten a lawyer thinking back. Sure they take a big cut but at least a good one knows your rights etc.

Without anyone getting hurt in your case I doubt its worth it, but it would be nice to know your rights on the issue.

I hope your kidding about the bankruptsy it would cost a shitload more than 32k to get your credit back into shape and you wouldn't have a car to show for it ;)

99blancoSS
09-19-2005, 08:09 PM
trade it in after its fixed and buy something used. You'll take a hit but you can get out from under the payments that way...maybe

maximental
09-19-2005, 10:43 PM
trade it in after its fixed and buy something used. You'll take a hit but you can get out from under the payments that way...maybe

I was looking into that BEFORE the accident. No way in he//. Still owe way too much money/too much depreciation. :bang: :cry: I'd have to come up with several thousand $$$ to balance out the negative equity.

If it don't drive right when it's done, ain't no way I'm gonna keep it.

If that bastage from my insurance company calls this anything but a "no fault" and doesn't leave my insurance rates alone. It may be worth the money and the PITA to prove what an ignorant a-hole he is right to his face.
The lawyer I talked to told me that I have an arguable case, but it's really not worth the money and the years' worth of PITA to file a claim against the other driver, which her insurance company will indoubtly reject, and then sue her so that it goes to trial. He also said that the jury could go either way, or 50/50 in which case I'd get nothing for all my trouble anyway. That's pretty much my only recourse at this point, and it doesn't sound all that appealing, unless, like I said, that SOB from the insurance co. tries to lie to me and put me off again...... :mad: :engarde:

Maximental

maximental
09-22-2005, 10:44 PM
They tore up my car today. They found more damage, (I knew they would.) They ordered more parts, and pushed my completion date back to October 12. :bang:
This is like when my son was sick in the hospital, but way more drawn out. I sure am getting tired of driving my old beat up truck.
I'm gonna try to swing by the shop and get some pix tomorrow so I can post 'em.

Maximental

JP87GN
09-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Never heard of this, sounds promising. Do you have more info.?

Maximental
Its called deminished value, and if you say it to an insurance adjuster their butthole will pucker up! You can ask and fight for it but not that many people get it!

maximental
09-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Its called deminished value, and if you say it to an insurance adjuster their butthole will pucker up! You can ask and fight for it but not that many people get it!
If I wanted to do that, I'd have to file w/other party's ins. co., I think, and go through the battle.
I am waiting to see how the accident shows up on my insurace record, IE: fault and points. I might decide to fight them yet.

Maximental

maximental
10-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Why is it Amy's fault aren't you the one who recked it?

Have you been talking to my insurance adjuster?

SARCASM\
Yeah, I guess it's all MY fault she wasn't paying attention to my car when I had a green light and she didn't, which lead to her ramming into my car when her light turned green..... Who cares that she failed to yield to me when I was occupying the intersection and she wasn't?
I guess the insurance guy is right, I'm just an ignorant, incompetant loser who should just take the loss, crawl under a rock and go away...How dare I expect her to look at what's going on in front of her while she's sitting at an intersection at a red light and before she enters it. The green light she had after I had almost completed my turn gave her every right to ram me out of her way. God, I'm stupid!!!
/SARCASM

But seriously, this situation happens every day. Someone's turning left, and the lights change before they can get out of the intersection. Most people have the common sense to watch for traffic in front of them, and wait for traffic to clear the intersection before they go, like the law says.
RANT\
Amy says in her statement that she saw me across the intersection, but wasn't watching what was happening before she went, and suddenly I was right there in front of her. Sounds to me like an admission of a lack of "due diligence" while operating a motor vehicle.
IMO Amy should be found @ fault for this accident, at least to a greater extent than I was. The a-hole insurance guy was talking to me about a statute that refers specifically to "Oncoming traffic." How does a vehicle stopped at a red light constitute an "immediate hazard?"
When I asked him about the statute that states that you must make sure the intersection is clear before you proceed, he just blew it off. He said that I had the "Greater duty" to make sure I could finish my turn and be out of her way before she could go. :confused: I'm not buying it, even if that's the way the law works. It seems to me that the greatest duty anyone behind the wheel of an automobile has is to watch what's going on in front of them and not run into things. :judge: And what about the "Last clear chance" principal?
/RANT

Does this answer your question?

Maximental

Rokko
10-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Get a lawyer, sounds like a cluster fuck from the get go. might be a bit out of pocket but in the long run you'll be much better off. All insurance people are fuggin snakes.

Greater duty? who is this shyster? is this the other peoples insurance adjuster? Sounds like they are trying to take you to the bank. Time to play hardball with them and get a lawyer involved. At least call and talk to one for an initial consultation.

93TAWicked1
10-28-2005, 01:30 PM
well, if no ones hurt than a lawyer doesn't help much. But a consultation wouldn't hurt either. Why are you talking to there insurance that is what your insurance is for, they have lawyers?

97BlackT\A
11-01-2005, 09:58 AM
sadly, the law is against you as far as who is at fault. You were in the intersection under a red light.
We all know that you are expected to get through the intersection asap - it's obviously encouraged by the timing of the lights - but the law says the lane must be clear so you can get through.
If you have a major insurance carrier and they are not interested in going after the other driver, then that is a big indicator that it is not worth it. Unless she has the same insurance, in which case it is a wash for them.

Good luck, man.

99blancoSS
11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
sadly, the law is against you as far as who is at fault. You were in the intersection under a red light.
We all know that you are expected to get through the intersection asap - it's obviously encouraged by the timing of the lights - but the law says the lane must be clear so you can get through.
If you have a major insurance carrier and they are not interested in going after the other driver, then that is a big indicator that it is not worth it. Unless she has the same insurance, in which case it is a wash for them.

Good luck, man.
I have to agree here. Your lucky your weren't cited, no cops around so good for you. I've been written a ticket for just such a move as you did. I didnt cause an accident but none the less there was a cop around and he didnt hesitate to write me. It wasnt even close either. The the other car actualy waited to go but the cop didnt care. This wasnt in the SS either. Your not going to win with an illegal driving act. I'm not rying to be a dick either, but you seem to be a little confused as to who the victim is here. You totaly jumped a light in front of traffic and caused the accident. Your rights are limited in this case, by your own actions. And you got huffy with Bobby because he pointed that out.
Ya I know I'm a dick for saying it but I'm also a Dad and cant help but instruct where it is needed. :jest:

maximental
11-02-2005, 12:48 AM
:confused: I have to agree here. Your lucky your weren't cited, no cops around so good for you. I've been written a ticket for just such a move as you did. I didnt cause an accident but none the less there was a cop around and he didnt hesitate to write me. It wasnt even close either. The the other car actualy waited to go but the cop didnt care. This wasnt in the SS either. Your not going to win with an illegal driving act. I'm not rying to be a dick either, but you seem to be a little confused as to who the victim is here. You totaly jumped a light in front of traffic and caused the accident. Your rights are limited in this case, by your own actions. And you got huffy with Bobby because he pointed that out.
Ya I know I'm a dick for saying it but I'm also a Dad and cant help but instruct where it is needed. :jest:

Not to be argumentative, but I did not have the red light, she did, until it changed, at which point we both had a green light, but I was occupying the intersection at that point in time, and the ORS clearly state that she should have yielded the intersection to me. I did not try to "beat the light."
811.260 Appropriate driver responses to traffic control devices. This section establishes appropriate driver responses to specific traffic control devices for purposes of ORS 811.265. Authority to place traffic control devices is established under ORS 810.210. Except when acting under the direction of a police officer that contradicts this section, a driver is in violation of ORS 811.265 if the driver makes a response to traffic control devices that is not permitted under the following:

(1) Green signal. A driver facing a green light may proceed straight through or turn right or left unless a sign at that place prohibits either turn. A driver shall yield the right of way to other vehicles within the intersection at the time the green light is shown.

(12) Yield signs. A driver approaching a yield sign shall slow the driver’s vehicle to a speed reasonable for the existing conditions and if necessary for safety, shall stop at a line as required for stop signs under this section, and shall yield the right of way to any vehicles in the intersection or approaching so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard. [1983 c.338 §609; 1989 c.539 §1; 1997 c.507 §6; 2003 c.278 §6]

I had a solid green light, with a yield sign. The Green arrow wasn't lit, but that doesn't mean that I should have to yield to a car that was stopped for a red light when I made my decision to turn. That's the catch. She also admitted in her statement to the insurance co. that she saw me, but "didn't think he was going to turn," and "all of the sudden" I was right in front of her. I didn't magically transport myself and my car there, she should have been watching what was going on in front of her.
I had the green light the whole time, because it only turns red if a pedestrian needs to use the crosswalk and pushes the "walk sign" button. This is a "T" intersection, with the bottom leg of the "T" going into the parking lot I was nearly into when she rammed me. Her light turned green, she rammed me. End of story.
The insurance company didn't want to litigate anything before the adjuster even heard my story and before they knew all the facts. It took me a while to get back to the intersection, figure out the lights at that intersection, and what exactly happened. It was just flat out easier and cheaper for them to just throw in the towel, put all the blame on me, and pay to fix my car. It's all about $$$$, they don't care how bad my car was f'd up, or what I have to go through, or even who's fault it really was.
The adjuster also tried to mislead me by referring me to this statute, which clearly refers to traffic approaching, (this is a verb which means moving,) as opposed to sitting at a red light, like she was.
811.350 Dangerous left turn; penalty. (1) A person commits the offense of making a dangerous left turn if the person:

(a) Is operating a vehicle;

(b) Intends to turn the vehicle to the left within an intersection or into an alley, private road, driveway or place from a highway; and

(c) Does not yield the right of way to a vehicle approaching from the opposite direction that is within the intersection or so close as to constitute an immediate hazard.

(2) The offense described in this section, dangerous left turn, is a Class B traffic violation. [1983 c.338 §626; 1985 c.16 §313]

As I have stated before, the lawyer I spoke with is familiar with this particular intersection, and he says I have an "arguable" case. He also says it's not worth it to invest in arguing the case because a jury may or may not see things my way. The best I could hope for is 50/50, which makes the whole deal a wash. Besides, why should I fight for money to pay back my insurance company for fixing my car? It's cheaper and easier to just take the $500 deductible and $30/mo hit on my insurance and let it go. If my son or I were hurt, things would change dramatically, but that's not the case. Had I been on my motorcycle she would have probably killed me.
Yeah, if a cop was there he would have probably harassed me, but I would have argued with him, and the judge if necessary. I obeyed the law as it is written, she did not. I was careful, she was not. Her unlawful action caused her vehicle to hit mine, not the other way around. So please tell me again, who was the victim????
It seems to me that I got it twice, once when my car got hit, and once when my insurance company got to stick it's nose in the situation.
If you still think I am wrong, okay, that's your opinion. We can respectfully agree to disagree. :angel: I harbor you no ill will, I just thought maybe you should know "the rest of the story." Please also note that I never called anyone a name or went off on anyone in an attacking manner, my sarcasm and ranting were not meant to be directed at anyone here. I sorry if it came across that way to anyone. I'm pretty much through being mad about this, and it's time to move on.

Maximental

Ryan K
11-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Dude, She had the right of way and that law quoted above is for traffic that is still in the intersection from the cross street. And Yes you were trying to beat Her across the intersection, And you lost.

99blancoSS
11-02-2005, 10:49 AM
"Not to be argumentative, but I did not have the red light, she did, until it changed, at which point we both had a green light, but I was occupying the intersection at that point in time, and the ORS clearly state that she should have yielded the intersection to me. I did not try to "beat the light."

You were at fault for the whole thing with your 1/4 run from the light. You dont have the right of way she does, your turning in front of traffic and there is no way in hell you had the right of way without a left turn light and you know it otherwise you would have had a cop show up. Your lawyer friend is being nice to you and telling you what you want to hear and not telling you what I will; your lucky she's not suing you. Your also lucky you didnt get your kid injured. I wasnt going to be this way at first but you seem to have a real problem with accepting responsibility for your own acitons. Your lucky I'm not your wife or I woud have kicked your ass for endangering my kid in the way you did. The only thing you should be doing is kicking yourself for driving like and ass and almost getting your kid hurt. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO TURN IN FRONT OF TRAFFIC WITHOUT A TURN LIGHT. You can argue that all you want but its pointless you'll loose. You already explained what you did and yes you jumped the light to get thru before anyone else with your how old of a kid in the backseat? Your lucky your not one of my personal friends, I'd never let you hear the end of it until I felt you learned from it, which you havent at this point. Can you say unsafe driving act? She could have you written up if she wanted to, I have, taken them to court and won. A common citizen can file a traffic ticket against another driver, you dont need a cop to be there at all. I wont say anymore on it, you obviously have issues with responsibility and fualt. You wont find anyone to agree with you accept a friend and they're just being polite. Be a safer driver next time, your kids life depends on it when they're with you. Wait that extra 30 seconds, leave a little earlier so you dont have to speed, do the smart things to be safe for you and your familys lifes depend on it, ok.

maximental
11-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah, okay, whatever. Where is all this hostility coming from, and why? You can please put me on your "Ignore list." Please refrain from more posts like the last one. Obviously I have pissed you off somehow, why else would you have personalized this this way? You and I both don't need the agrivation.
No one has the right to ram someone in front of them for no reason other than that they weren't paying attention EVER.
The statutes are under Rules of the Road, I did not take them out of context. They are left just as they appear. I have yet to see any statutes that contradict my position. Nothing about "Traffic", only the references to approaching vehicles you saw. These are the laws, and unless there's another set somewhere, that's the way it is. I think they speak for themselves.
I was not in a hurry. I was not driving like an ass. Believe me I have seen enough people doing that to know what it means. I rode my motorcyle for 5+ years and I'm still ALIVE, despite the numerous attempts made at vehicular manslaughter perpetrated by the general public against me. I made a decision based on the information I had available to me at the time I made it. I would do it again, because I fail to see why I should not go with my green light when the other vehicles are stopped by a red light for who knows how long. Yes, it had consequences, but those were created for me by the woman who was not paying attention. Maybe that's why it's called an accident.
I have said all I have to say on this matter. Obviously we disagree. I have no desire to listen to your opinions any longer. I don't need the agrivation of reading them, and you apparently don't need the agrivation of trying to convince me what an ass you think I am. I will consider the matter closed. :cheers: