Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at a T/A, help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a T/A, help me out!

As many of you know i have been looking for an LS1 for awhile now, close to 7 months. I found one that is in my price range, and close enought that i can take a look at it. Here is the link http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/id...r_id=187743740

My question is, what should i look for when i go to check it out? It would really help if i could get like a procedure for what to look for and what to check.
Thanks in advnace for any help guys!!
Old 09-10-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow that is a cheap price on a formula. carfax is a must. with people like texastoys.com out there you got to watch your back. open both doors. make sure they both shut properly. not rubbing anywhere when you shut them. also sit in it and have the AC runnin for a while. if the will let you. make sure you dont have a puddle of H20 to start forming from a bad heater core or a defect of that maner. not sure what else off top of my head. but it is a start.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Teching In

i called them up and they said it would need a new tranny...back to the drawing board....
Old 09-10-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

that was not a formula that is a trans am....and they should replace the tranny in it since they are selling the car..they cant sell it like that..i dont think anyways
Old 09-10-2005, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3pnt4maro
that was not a formula that is a trans am....and they should replace the tranny in it since they are selling the car..they cant sell it like that..i dont think anyways

doah, damn me for fast reading. all I read was pontiac formula.haha

but yeah if they are sellin it they should fix the tranny. but I would stay away from that one. if the tranny is bad, then who knows how the person(s) treated the car before the got it.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Teching In

It is a clean lookin car from the pics but im not a big fan about the milage its got on it. But for the price I guess its a reasonable deal except for the tranny issue.
If it was me, I would talk to them and if they are willing to fix the tranny, I'd go ahead and get it.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Teching In

They sold it to a mechanic today
why cant i find an LS1!!!!