Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transgo Shift Kit Instruction help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo Shift Kit Instruction help.

I pulled my transmission to clear up a problem with shifting.

I've done that but am unable to figure out the order of the springs/pistons in the accumalator.

The 3-4 piston was upside down and the yellow spring was against the case (upside down from the standard method).

It seems to make little sense this should be the case, but I believe that's the was the shift kit says to do it.

On the other side of the valve body plate, I believe there were two springs installed, but I can't remember if that was the case and I can't find my instructions.

Does anyone have a copy of the shift kit instructions on line? If not can anyone fax them?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sam.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the fourth accumulator in the case put the yellow spring in the case, then the piston with the three tabs facing up toward the spring.

For the second accumulator put the orange spring toward the plate, then the piston with the three tabs facing up towards the plate, then the blue spring, the spring seat, then any spacers.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Teching In

If you still need the instructions send me your fax number
Old 09-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Teching In

If you still need the instructions send me your fax number
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Banned

Last edited by jxaxsxoxn; 09-18-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have the transmission back together and back in the car by using your first description. Hopefully it will work when I try it out tomorrow morning.

I have a fax machine and it might be nice to have a copy but I don't want to put you to any trouble.

I do have a question...

Reversing the location of the spring on the 3-4 accumulator (against the case) and placing the piston on top of it, would seem to defeat the 3-4 accumulator function altogether. I don't see how this functions at all.

It would seem to me that this is no different from simply removing the piston and spring and leaving it as an empty cavity...

Have I missed something?

Sam
Old 09-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Default re: accumulator ?

backward piston does disable accum- that is fine really not needed- 4th soft enough- but leave the piston out and then you mix 4th oil and accum pressure- wont work and will smoke unit in 2 miles of driving in what should be 4th- Craig- ps accumulators are cool they work so many different ways- will explain soon here willl take some time- harder to understand than torque converters- but I think I can help you to see it- Craig
Old 09-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by samgm2
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have the transmission back together and back in the car by using your first description. Hopefully it will work when I try it out tomorrow morning.

I have a fax machine and it might be nice to have a copy but I don't want to put you to any trouble.

I do have a question...

Reversing the location of the spring on the 3-4 accumulator (against the case) and placing the piston on top of it, would seem to defeat the 3-4 accumulator function altogether. I don't see how this functions at all.

It would seem to me that this is no different from simply removing the piston and spring and leaving it as an empty cavity...

Have I missed something?

Sam
Don't you have a printer? I could scan the pages.

I didn't fully understand the fourth accumulator arrangement either. They plug the fourth accumulator feed in their 700R4 kit so I took a plug out of one of those kits and blocked my fourth accum. feed hole to disable it.

Then I wondered why, if the feed hole was plugged, would you need to put the piston back in.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:12 AM
Restricted User

If the feed hole is blocked, you do not need to put anything else back.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
Don't you have a printer? I could scan the pages.

I didn't fully understand the fourth accumulator arrangement either. They plug the fourth accumulator feed in their 700R4 kit so I took a plug out of one of those kits and blocked my fourth accum. feed hole to disable it.

Then I wondered why, if the feed hole was plugged, would you need to put the piston back in.
A scan would be fine. After getting the transmission in, I found that I am not getting TCC lock. I checked all the solenoids before installing and they measured the proper resistance. I will be pulling the transmission again today. I you can send me the scanned images, I would really appreciate it.

Sam.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Banned

I scanned all the pages and they have a 100kb limit to upload them here, they are all around 128.
I can resize them if you still need them. let me know.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
I scanned all the pages and they have a 100kb limit to upload them here, they are all around 128.
I can resize them if you still need them. let me know.
Hi, I found this forum thru a search for the TransGo shiftkit for the GM auto transmission. I was wondering if you still have those scans with the instructions, I'm interested in doing this kit install and would like to study these instructions first. My email is woopud@msn.com
Regards,
Bert Veldhuizen

Quick Reply: Transgo Shift Kit Instruction help.