Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Mark! Digital nitrous bottle contents indicator!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Mark! Digital nitrous bottle contents indicator!

Pricing will be set around $240.00.

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 10-25-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

ok could you let us know how this works? and if I have 2 bottles would I need 2?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Restricted User

Like this is all on HSW website under the Mark.

Introducing The Mark, the worlds first Digital Nitrous Bottle Contents Indicator. No more guessing that you have enough nitrous left in your bottle. Up until now the only way to know how much nitrous you have left in your bottle was to physically weigh the nitrous bottle, and everyone knows how inconvenient that is, with bottle heaters and bottle openers that need to be disconnected. The Mark carefully calculates how much your bottle weighs by using a complex math equation. Running multiple size nitrous jets? No problem, The Mark has you covered, along with a small temperature thermostat to take temperature considerations into account. Installation of The Mark into a pre-existing nitrous system is a snap too, so you won't be re-wiring your nitrous kit. Along with an integrated alarm that will tell you if your bottle weight is too low The Mark will keep you right on target.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
FormerVendor

How are your two bottles hooked up? Do they y into one feed line? How many pounds is each bottle?

So how does it work? First you need to know how your nitrous kit is triggered; it’s either off a ground or a 12v. No need to re-wire anything, as The Mark will work with either. The Mark will ask for the size of your nitrous jets and the weight of the nitrous in your nitrous bottle (10 Lb N2O bottle has 10 Lbs of N2O when full, 15 Lb bottle has 15 Lbs of N2O when full and so on). When your nitrous system becomes active The Mark will know how long the Nitrous solenoid was open (The Mark will work with progressive controllers that pulse the solenoids) and do the math on how much nitrous was used, as it knows what jets you are using, and provides how many pounds are left in the nitrous bottle. The temperature thermostat takes temperature into consideration so The Mark will give you an accurate reading no matter what the bottle temperature is. After getting your nitrous bottle re-filler or topped-off you need to tell The Mark so it can give you an accurate reading.

Matt

Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
ok could you let us know how this works? and if I have 2 bottles would I need 2?

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 09-11-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Cool/needed product.
Robert
Old 09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

does the thermostat mount to the bottle???
if not the you calculations will be off if using a bottle heater, correct?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Also what about us Nitrogen push guys???
Old 09-12-2005, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

I don't see why it wouldn't work with a nitrogen push...It isn't really measuring anything physical in the bottle...

It just looks at Lbs/second thru the jets, and then how many seconds it was open...Shouldn't matter at all if you have a nitrogen push.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the SA remarks guys. I understand the concept of how it works now. I read the discription in the first post but it sounded like it just sits on the bottle and then magicaly guessed the amount.

My 2 10lb bottles are Y-ed together but I usally dont have both open at the same time. Will this work with a DP kit? would I beable to input just 1 jet size and say the its the same for all 8 or would I have to add up all 8 jets and enter that as 1 big jet?

I have seen your other products on here before and they look like they are really pratical and I keep them in mind, but right now I am looking to build a engine and my $'s are going in that direction. My kit works find now so I really dont need anything to make it work but it be nice to have some convineces when everything is all done.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 70Stang
I don't see why it wouldn't work with a nitrogen push...It isn't really measuring anything physical in the bottle...

It just looks at Lbs/second thru the jets, and then how many seconds it was open...Shouldn't matter at all if you have a nitrogen push.
The reason im thinking it would not work with nitrogen push is at 90 degrees or at 40 degrees my bottle pressure is a 950, the Mark has a value of how much nitrous is flowing thru what size jet at what temp. well if the unit is reading a 40 degree / 520 PSI then the lb/min is different then 90 degree / 954 PSI
Old 09-12-2005, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Correct. It's very small (about the size of a pencil eraser) and flat so you could hide/mount it down by the bottle bracket.

Matt

Originally Posted by cyipher
does the thermostat mount to the bottle???
if not the you calculations will be off if using a bottle heater, correct?
Old 09-12-2005, 03:15 PM
FormerVendor

If both bottles aren't open at the same time you'll need 2 units or just use the one Mark until your first bottle is empty and then reset the Mark for the second nitrous bottle. It'll work fine on a direct port of multiple nozzle systems and it'll even work with The Edge or other progressive controllers.

Matt

Originally Posted by n2ojunkie
Thanks for the SA remarks guys. I understand the concept of how it works now. I read the discription in the first post but it sounded like it just sits on the bottle and then magicaly guessed the amount.

My 2 10lb bottles are Y-ed together but I usally dont have both open at the same time. Will this work with a DP kit? would I beable to input just 1 jet size and say the its the same for all 8 or would I have to add up all 8 jets and enter that as 1 big jet?

I have seen your other products on here before and they look like they are really pratical and I keep them in mind, but right now I am looking to build a engine and my $'s are going in that direction. My kit works find now so I really dont need anything to make it work but it be nice to have some convineces when everything is all done.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds like a cool product, but I have one question. How does this system monitor things when you use a purge? Can you wire it to multiple solenoids with multiple orifice inputs (and just input the orifice size of the purge solenoid like it was a jet)?

Thanks for the info,
Jeremy
Old 09-12-2005, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

I don't fully understand the question, but I'll try to answer it as best I can. Since The Mark can take temperature considerations into play (using a small thermostat) and do the math to compensate why wouldn't it work?

Matt

Originally Posted by cyipher
The reason im thinking it would not work with nitrogen push is at 90 degrees or at 40 degrees my bottle pressure is a 950, the Mark has a value of how much nitrous is flowing thru what size jet at what temp. well if the unit is reading a 40 degree / 520 PSI then the lb/min is different then 90 degree / 954 PSI
Old 09-12-2005, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

The guys over at the corral beat you to it LOL. 2 options at this point. One is a wire to go to your purge and the orifice can be set (pre set from the factory for CFN purges) or a purge amount can be taken into consideration and automatically be included in the math. Going nuts with the purge and using the second option will cause The Mark to loose its Mark. With The Mark set up for option 2 it's good to .25 of a pound.

Matt

Originally Posted by NXJeremy
Sounds like a cool product, but I have one question. How does this system monitor things when you use a purge? Can you wire it to multiple solenoids with multiple orifice inputs (and just input the orifice size of the purge solenoid like it was a jet)?

Thanks for the info,
Jeremy
Old 09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good. Just to make things clear for me though (sorry, it's been crazy in the office today and my head feels like this ), if you wire in the purge then you can manually set the orifice size for it correct (as opposed to having it preset for CFN purge solenoids)?

Thank you,
Jeremy

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
The guys over at the corral beat you to it LOL. 2 options at this point. One is a wire to go to your purge and the orifice can be set (pre set from the factory for CFN purges) or a purge amount can be taken into consideration and automatically be included in the math. Going nuts with the purge and using the second option will cause The Mark to loose its Mark. With The Mark set up for option 2 it's good to .25 of a pound.

Matt
Old 09-12-2005, 04:33 PM
FormerVendor

We'll be offering The Mark in 2 different option trims. One will just use math and be a bit more inexpensive and the other will be fully adjustable with a few more additional features.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:45 PM
9 Second Club

any pics?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

I'll post a few more in the next few days. It's the same case as we use for the The Edge with the blue LCD screen.

Matt

Originally Posted by badass 2002 z28
any pics?