Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT Nitrous Filter??

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TNT Nitrous Filter??

I'm just finishing up installing a slightly used TNT F1 kit that I got off ebay. It didn't come w/ all the instructions, and i'm not exactly sure where to put the nitrous filter?? Right now, I have it mounted between the T for the purge and the Nitrous solenoid itself......with the supplied fittings, my only other choice would be right off the bottle. Where I have it now seems like I might still have alot of unpurged air left in the filter. Is the filter necessary??
does it even come in the F1 kit?..........thanks

kevin
2000 silver formula M6
LT's w/ORY, cutout, Lid w/K&N, free mods
Old 09-11-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

It doesn't come with the F1 kit. I mounted mine about 1 ft off the bottle in my nitrous line.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Teching In

is the filter worth running at all?. i'm assuming that it's not necessary since it doesn't come in the kit.

kevin
2000 silver formula M6
Old 09-11-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

My F1 did come with a filter. Its part of the fitting on the nitrous solenoid (input side), much smaller than a typical nitrous filter. Check to see if you have the little one, if not then the regular is definitely worth running, you don't want to be running filter-less.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Mines mounted about 1ft away from the bottle also. I recommed running it also keeps the good stuff running through and the bad stuff out!!
Old 09-12-2005, 05:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KRETZ11
is the filter worth running at all?. i'm assuming that it's not necessary since it doesn't come in the kit.

kevin
2000 silver formula M6
1. You can mount it wherever it's most convenient for you as long as it's before the solenoid.

2. A nitrous filter is mandatory for safe operation. There are a number of things not included in a basic kit that need to be purchased to have a proper setup (fpss, window switch, etc). All you need is one little piece of dirt to get into your nitrous solenoid, have it blocked open, and you and your motor are screwed.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We sell filters, you need one! Your nitrous noid will thank you...
The guys at TNT will thank you....
get one here>>> WWW.DynoTuneNitrous.com

Cheers

Dan
Old 09-12-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XTrooper
1. You can mount it wherever it's most convenient for you as long as it's before the solenoid.

2. A nitrous filter is mandatory for safe operation. There are a number of things not included in a basic kit that need to be purchased to have a proper setup (fpss, window switch, etc). All you need is one little piece of dirt to get into your nitrous solenoid, have it blocked open, and you and your motor are screwed.

What he said..

All of our nitrous kits include a nitrous filter, now we use a filter right at the N2o sol instead of the large canaster filter that was 6in off the bottle nut like in the older kits.. You definately need one so check around and find what ya need, thanks David@TNT
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the replies. I'm just gonna leave it where it's at, between the purge and main solenoid.....better safe than sorry.

kevin
2000 silver formula M6