Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny noise.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny noise.

hey guys i just installed my torque coverter and im having some probs...my dad friend rebuilt my tranny with the hd 2 trans go shift kit and a few other things...hes been doing trannys for a long time so the quality is not worth questioning...but when i install the TC and spin it you can hear some kinda clanking noises inside the tranny...i even took it back to him and we couldnt figure it out..but if you pull back on the TC a lil bit and then spin it the noise goes away....this is my first install on anything to do with a transmission...so im clueless...id really hate to haft to take the tranny back out but if there is something wrong i must..dont wanna screw anything up...thanks for the help guys..
Old 09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
10 Second Club

you dont think it's just the plates in the conveter moving around?
Old 09-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Staging Lane

Not too sure...it sounds as if it is coming from the area right behind the bell housing...if you turn it half way it doesnt make the noise but at one certain point while rotating it starts making that noise again...i guess you could say more of a clicking noise rather that one single clunk...oh and i havent put fluid in the tranny...there is some inside the converter...im adding fluid tomorrow to see if this resolves the problem...i havent added fluid yet cause i was waiting to install the tranny first...and this could eventually be the problem...dunno...ill keep yall informed...
Old 09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Teching In

Not For Sure But Sounds Like The Torque Converter Is Hitting The Bottem Dust Plug Tabs. There Are 2 Shiny Covers On The Bottem Of The Bellhousing. Check And See If The Tabs Are Sticking In A Way They Shouldnt. The Could Be Making Contact With The Tq
Old 09-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Teching In

it could be the pump.