Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

First time in boosted F-body

Old 09-11-2005, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default First time in boosted F-body

Welp, this afternoon, my buddy Kyle and I were coming back from a service call for the Geek Squad and decided to stop by my friend Jay's house to check out his freshly-tuned rear-mounted turbo Z. Listening to it at idle you couldn't tell a difference, sounded like a stock car, hardly even knowing it has a z06 cam. Boy, I tell you what... with the 3.73's, 18" wheels, and p0 pirelli tires, automatic or not with a street fighter 3500, that thing SCREAMS. Currently with this compressor, he's running 9# boost, and with the 3 of us in his car, weighing together an amazing 725lbs+, we boosted our way quickly past 130 mph! You can literally look at the speedometer at 70 mph, look at the boost gauge, then back again, and see it past 125. Kyle described it as the Millenium falcon... Still quick off the line, but the faster you go, the harder it pulls! "Hit it Chewie" is what he'd keep saying... Anyway, only makes me want to finish mine sooner! STILL waiting on my T70 and supersonic BOV to show up so I can start building. This next paycheck I might buy the turbosmart progate. Anyway, my .02 on FI... AWESOME!
Old 09-11-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boost is fun and addictive. Just do it correctly(ie. fuel system/intercooler/) and most important a good safe tune!
Old 09-11-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL that sounded like a add for a STS turbo kit. Any turbo car is fun, but V8's are a blast....
Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

yes theres nothing like a boosted v8

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First time in boosted F-body