Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

destroying an RX-7 at 141 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default destroying an RX-7 at 141 MPH

I was on my way home the other night form the local pool hall and was merging onto the 8 freeway here in San Diego when this Red newer Rx-7 pulls up next to me and revs his ****....I could hear the BOV and how cool he thought he was....he got the jump and I still took him...all the way up to 141 MPH in a bone stock Camaro Z-28 A4. And then I let my foot off the gas and about 3 seconds later he goes blowing by me and turns on his hazard light like he won! Stupid ricers...
Old 09-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Teching In

you could HEAR how cool he thought he was?

interesting talent you have there. better be caerful there at 141 mph.

i like your little picture, but how does "no traction" = all go? i mean, arent big smoky burnouts all show? Isnt a powerslide all show? wouldn't you say that 4 exhaust tips is a bit of overkill, and actually considered ricey?

think about that.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by EvilDylan

i like your little picture, but how does "no traction" = all go? i mean, arent big smoky burnouts all show? Isnt a powerslide all show? wouldn't you say that 4 exhaust tips is a bit of overkill, and actually considered ricey?

think about that.
I think his thing is a joke... and it's rather funny.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

think about that.

God do you just always like to start **** with everyone?? That thing has been around for years so its not a new thing. Are you the import defender of truth and justice on this website?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dylan watch out you might get revved on
Old 09-12-2005, 11:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

wouldn't you say that 4 exhaust tips is a bit of overkill, and actually considered ricey?
Wow, I guess everybody with a borla, corsa or any other exhaust with dual tips is rice then.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAT TA
Wow, I guess everybody with a borla, corsa or any other exhaust with dual tips is rice then.

You Love rice admit it!!!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Launching!

What the **** is wrong with you people!!! If you're going to stoop to the mentality of riceboy...hit your flashers. These monkeys will just keep on going like it's a duel to the death if you don't hit the flashers.

Gotta hit the flashers...And cruise in the fast lane with your left turn blinker on, 'cause youse gots the madz raceness onz yo! YO!!

Oh yeah, I forgot this was a Corvette thread...It's ok they're easy to forget.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

think about that.
You're a tool.

Think about that.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Teching In

i thought abouti t, and the fact that what you think doesnt matter sort of made it just that much better.

his joke sucked.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BAT TA

exactly.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think about that.
Rice is just what it is. You have to admitt that most Ricers are like that. Our muscle cars from time to time get hit with ricer attitudes all the time. I had a guy REV at me thinking that he would kill me with an Civic SI. I asked what he had in the car he said, V-TEC. I said wow, what is that going to do?
An RX-7 is respectable car and a legend, but so are our beloved extinct F-Body's. Relax EvilDylan, remember you are on an LS1 site.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

exactly.
But one big tip is not?..Lets see that thing.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
I was on my way home the other night form the local pool hall and was merging onto the 8 freeway here in San Diego when this Red newer Rx-7 pulls up next to me and revs his ****....I could hear the BOV and how cool he thought he was....he got the jump and I still took him...all the way up to 141 MPH in a bone stock Camaro Z-28 A4. And then I let my foot off the gas and about 3 seconds later he goes blowing by me and turns on his hazard light like he won! Stupid ricers...
Nice kill, but be careful with rx-7's, ive seen quite a few modded ones that would walk all over a stock ls1. I know what you mean though about the ricer BOV rev, ive had it done to me numerous times. Saw one guy last week on my commute home from work with a stock gti with a BOV and turboback, the clown was reving his engine next to everyone just to hear it. So finally I got next to him and he did the same to me so I asked him what was done to it. Told me that it was stock with a bov and turboback and reved again so I rolled forward past him slightly so my rear was near his drivers side door and gave him a taste of a full exhaust ls1, which he didnt seem to like. Traffic was too heavy to try to run him and since it was stop and go I was next to him for a while and sure enough he kept doing the same thing over and over again, reving to hear his BOV. I mean I love the sound of a turboed car but my lord this kid was driving me out of my mind! Ah well rant off and again good kill!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

exactly.
You're a moron. Troll somewhere else.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

My friend has a 93 RX7 with a single drag turbo. It is disgusting. It puts down over 430rwhp on pump gas and is capable of much more on race gas. It will walk all over SC'd LS1s let alone stock ones. Good kill
I'm glad that I have a friend with an EVO who isn't retarded. He is the only reason that I like them at all.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Junkie

exactly.

Its ls1tech.com comone now, You know the ls1 is the gift from god and now even a blown cobra motor or a 2jz is up to there standerds.

Ls1 is gods gift to earth, I on the other hand will take my mut junk lt1 and 4g63 anyday. PS all lt1s needs a 23* heads.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shawnmce2
rx7 or rx8? they stopped making rx7s over 10 years ago. rx8s are slow and peaky...a stock rx7 against your a4 should be a closer race.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
rx7 or rx8? they stopped making rx7s over 10 years ago. rx8s are slow and peaky...a stock rx7 against your a4 should be a closer race.

well since he said he could hear the BOV Im assuming he means a newer, like 93, RX7 since RX8s would have a tough time making a BOV noise.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The new RX-8 is a dog!!