Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The Ford solution...? Naaah.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Ford solution...? Naaah.

Look how they started this article.... they recognize the LS1 as a "terror" haha.... gotta love the "you can't do that with any small block Ford" statement.

article here
Old 09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Launching!

I love Trosley's drawings.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

I only read about 2 paragraphs, but that was awesome!!! You have to love the fact that the ford guys are seriously complimenting the LS1 to promote their product! That's why I sold my 2002 Mustang GT for a C5. That mustang was a lot of fun too! But even with all the mods I had, I would get beat by an LS1 everytime............
Old 09-12-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Vette
I only read about 2 paragraphs, but that was awesome!!! You have to love the fact that the ford guys are seriously complimenting the LS1 to promote their product! That's why I sold my 2002 Mustang GT for a C5. That mustang was a lot of fun too! But even with all the mods I had, I would get beat by an LS1 everytime............
Is your Vette gonna be ready by the 23rd? (Looking for new bests.)

How about the 30th? (Looking to break previous bests.)
Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Is your Vette gonna be ready by the 23rd? (Looking for new bests.)

How about the 30th? (Looking to break previous bests.)
Well It's anyones guess! But if I get my car back in time to hit the track this month, I'll have only the new rear-end to break my current best. Which you and I both know with gears and a rear-end that can handle 4000-5000rpm launches, that will be a breeze! But I want to run after my headers get put on! So If this were a perfect world (which it ain't) I would get my car back by the 23rd race beat my current best, put my headers on shortly thereafter, then hit the track on the 30th and hit the 11's . That won't happen though. I'll probably be at the track in the jetta (observing) and won't get the car back till MAYBE just MAYBE the 30th, hit bremerton up that weekend! hit the headers project up the following weekend and try to make Pacific for the final day, October 28th (still not sure if that is even a T&T day)
Old 09-13-2005, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well It's anyones guess! But if I get my car back in time to hit the track this month, I'll have only the new rear-end to break my current best. Which you and I both know with gears and a rear-end that can handle 4000-5000rpm launches, that will be a breeze! But I want to run after my headers get put on! So If this were a perfect world (which it ain't) I would get my car back by the 23rd race beat my current best, put my headers on shortly thereafter, then hit the track on the 30th and hit the 11's . That won't happen though. I'll probably be at the track in the jetta (observing) and won't get the car back till MAYBE just MAYBE the 30th, hit bremerton up that weekend! hit the headers project up the following weekend and try to make Pacific for the final day, October 28th (still not sure if that is even a T&T day)
Who's doing your install and tuning?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6freak
Look how they started this article.... they recognize the LS1 as a "terror" haha.... gotta love the "you can't do that with any small block Ford" statement.

article here
They didn't dare mention the LS6. hehehe
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 12:34 PM
10 Second Club

Who's doing your install and tuning?
I'll install the headers, but I don't know about the tune yet! I'd like to have it dyno tuned with LS1 edit or something like that
Old 09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll install the headers, but I don't know about the tune yet! I'd like to have it dyno tuned with LS1 edit or something like that
Have Ellis do it, you can't beat it. A dyno tune is static, therefore, not compensating for your ram air induction kit at speeds. Along with that, he has some tools to maximize your cars performance, which a dyno tune can't modify.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Have Ellis do it, you can't beat it. A dyno tune is static, therefore, not compensating for your ram air induction kit at speeds. Along with that, he has some tools to maximize your cars performance, which a dyno tune can't modify.
Very true, you have o get your LTFTs in line with a ram air. Positive long term fuel trims will add to your Power Enrichment wot multiplier and cause a overly rich condition. Now this can be a tuning aid on a dry n2o hit, but for a n/a car ltfts need to be tuned. Once Ellis gets caught up I would also like him to check my self tune out, as he seems to be the Man, concerning tuning in our area.
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
Very true, you have o get your LTFTs in line with a ram air. Positive long term fuel trims will add to your Power Enrichment wot multiplier and cause a overly rich condition. Now this can be a tuning aid on a dry n2o hit, but for a n/a car ltfts need to be tuned. Once Ellis gets caught up I would also like him to check my self tune out, as he seems to be the Man, concerning tuning in our area.
Robert
So when we going on Pinks Rob? NA for NA, lol.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

So when we going on Pinks Rob? NA for NA, lol.
Na for na, no car lenghts. Remember, best n/a is 11.71, with stock clutch.
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Na for na, no car lenghts. Remember, best n/a is 11.71, with stock clutch.
Robert
lol, yeah I remember, but I also remember a bunch of 12.0xs and a 12.4x against a certain black cobra.

na for na, no car lengths, I think it'd be a good race now that I'm tuned. The 90/90 setup goes in between the 24 and 29th, just in time for the last race at BR. I think I'll be able to keep up w/ wut I have right now, and might have a chance to win na for na on the 30th. Only one way to find out....
Old 09-13-2005, 04:18 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds good. What did he charge you for your tune?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol, yeah I remember, but I also remember a bunch of 12.0xs and a 12.4x against a certain black cobra.

na for na, no car lengths, I think it'd be a good race now that I'm tuned. The 90/90 setup goes in between the 24 and 29th, just in time for the last race at BR. I think I'll be able to keep up w/ wut I have right now, and might have a chance to win na for na on the 30th. Only one way to find out....
Ah ha, I was wondering when my low 12's would be brought up. Before I found out that n2o wasn't working at, I was driving different. Meaning, when spraying the rpm's come up much quicker, so you must short shift to stay off rev limiter. A whole different driving technique when spraying. In conclusion, when not thinking I am spraying and short shifting, my times should/will be much better. How's that for coping a plea. Also, if I remember correctly there was certain other Corvette that day which was beat by a Cobra, however, my memory isn't what it was at begining of summer. I think we can just do the "Pinks" thing at Bremy on the 23rd.
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting article....I'm still not impressed like a hopped up 4 banger sure you can go fast but most applications you NEEDBoost of some sort to smoke a ls1 .

Sorry to me it looks like ford motor is just 10 yrs behind a ls1.IMHO
Old 09-13-2005, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1, LS2, LS6 and now the mightiest of all LS7, rules the roost.
Robert
Old 09-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6freak

article here
I think it may have been cheaper and easier to just buy an LS1 powered car than to do all that work on an inferior power plant. They caould always add boost and cubic inches to the LS1 if they wanted more.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good. What did he charge you for your tune?
PM Sent.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ah ha, I was wondering when my low 12's would be brought up. Before I found out that n2o wasn't working at, I was driving different. Meaning, when spraying the rpm's come up much quicker, so you must short shift to stay off rev limiter. A whole different driving technique when spraying. In conclusion, when not thinking I am spraying and short shifting, my times should/will be much better. How's that for coping a plea. Also, if I remember correctly there was certain other Corvette that day which was beat by a Cobra, however, my memory isn't what it was at begining of summer. I think we can just do the "Pinks" thing at Bremy on the 23rd.
Robert
lol, yeah I tend to block memories of events that are unpleasing like that.

I honestly think it'll be a very good race na to na, if you can pull out another 11.7. I'm thinking after Ellis's tune, no more tq management, no more knock retard, and more fuel my 12.02 will be moving to an 11.7-11.8.