PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES turns off after killing car at a stoplight?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default SES turns off after killing car at a stoplight?

So I've had P0120 (TP Sensor) ever since swapping to the LS6 intake (even though at the time I had the stock throttle body). Not that it affects anything except the annoying SES light all the time. Today I accidentally killed the car at a redlight and on restart Air Bag was blinking and the SES light was off? Why would this happen when it's ALWAYS on for the past 6 months? After driving about 10 minutes it came back on but just curious as to why this happened.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure. Since the throttle position sensor is a $20 part that can be replaced in ten minutes, why would you ride around with the SES light on for an extended period?

Go to the parts store and replace this pup - NOW!

My guess is that the PCM gets mad if you don't fix all the busted stuff and it starts to do gooffy stuff like set off other idiot lights... Sometimes it will throw a fit and shut your car down for good. You then fix the busted stuff or walk...
Old 09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess my mentality was that since this code started when I put the LS6 intake on and because I didn't change the throttle body or any of it's related sensors that it wasn't a faulty TP sensor. I suppose the sensor could have just died at the same time that I swapped some other parts...it's not totally out of the question. I'm getting HPTuners later this week and then I'll start playing around with it.