Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans info requested...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans info requested...

hello, i just found out my stock a4 trans is just about done, i have a yank st3500 stall converter, and a tranny cooler in the trans. im gonna have it rebuilt. since i have no knowledge of transmissions, i would like to know some things that are a must have with our trans, that will make it strong and last hopefully awhile. i run a vortech supercharger with full exhaust and full susp, thats about it on the car. so i would like some insight so i can call the shop and ask all the right questions to make sure it's what i need thanks alot
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: trans--- Craig

Hello- Craig here, I am in Ada, Oklahoma. I have done the majority of rebuilding in Chicago and near Grand Rapids Mich. – moved here a few years ago- not a very long ship from you to me- if you already have a 3500 stall speed, I can rebuild your converter along with your trans- that way you get the same unit back in the vehicle that was originally calibrated for it. Any time you can do that you are much better off- serial #’s match- all intrinsic calibration matches-(especially when you think about how many different rear axle ratios are offered and how much they affect trans feel.) when others try to talk you into exchanging Trans’s it is because it turns around faster and is a quicker money maker. We get 1650.00 for the complete rebuild (installed – fluid- computer scan, monitered road test, and any adjustments.) We upgrade all 4L60E’s to include 29 element dual cage sprag, medium level shift kit (Transgo)- including torque converter clutch stratagy re-engineering to convert to an almost on-off type system , eliminating unnecessary converter clutch slippage. Wide stator support and dual sungear bushings (even better than single wide bushing). Wide, new design low roller clutch, Hardened shell- (not beast but have never never seen one of these break-(beast upgrade is the complete conversion from 4L60E to 4L65E- that is the only difference in the two units so you would have a 4L65E when you got it back.) We use genuine borg warner friction material in these and every unit possible as I have personally seen this friction material after tearing down units with appreciable mileage on it for other reasons say 50 to 100K miles after rebuild and have seen it look as good as new. New shift solenoids are installed as they have at least a medium failure rate. We rebuild the line pressure solenoid (the hydraulic part of it) with closer tolerances and use a better designed valve. Torque converter is included and a heavy duty bearing is used inside. All our transmissions are warranteed for 2 years or 30,000 miles. The additional upgrades that I would recommend for you would be the beast shell conversion to 4L65E-(72.00), A Kevlar wide band and drum combo (168.00), The Transgo 2+3 HD kit – 78.00 extra, and use your converter (we rebuild yours at no extra charge as converter is included in price.) Total package- 1250.00 on bench-you ship to us and send rs tag for return ship + 318.00 for the extra upgrades, 400.00 if you find a way to get vehicle to Ada OK. (really like that best as we can monitor the whole car while watching every command the computer gives the trans and just be able to feel and adjust the whole package. So 1250.00 least or 1650.00 installed or 1968.00 whole shebang and warranteed 2 years or 30K miles.
Let me know if I can help you further. Craig 580-399-6794 7am – 10:30pm