Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Flimsy Pro 5.0?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flimsy Pro 5.0?

I recently installed a Pro 5.0 shifter into my 2000 T/A and it rattles like crazy.

The 'stick' jerks around and is very loose whether in gear or not. The shifts are nice and firm... no problem there, but once it is in gear it is not firm at all. It is free to move around all over the place.

Is it supposed to be like this?

Any way to fix this problem?

The rattling is *very* annoying.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

make sure all the bolts are tight. even where the stick meets the shifter. there will be 2 bolts that hold it on
Old 09-14-2005, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

I double checked those two bolts and the stick is firm on the shifter. Thanks for the suggestion though.

It is the shifters itself that seems loose... it jiggles around, especially under hard acceleration around 3K RPM.

Damn it annoying.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

jinxedz

How long ago did you install the shifter? Was it like that in the beginning? If not, did you use lock tight on the shifter to trans bolts? If it was stiff in the beginning and now it is loose, you may have loose bolts. My shifter is way more stiff than it was prior to the switch out. Being that stiff may have worked the bolts loose.

If not, did you do the short shifter mod? The shifter has a very long shaft and it will make the normal vibration more noticeable. You may want to shorten the shaft and see if that makes things better. It will help make the shifts more enjoyable anyway!!!