Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The DRONE is 100% GONE !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The DRONE is 100% GONE !!

I know, I know.... lots of people will think I'm crazy by ditching the GMMG but aaahhhh... I can hear the passenger now, I can hear music again, I can talk on the phone again and........... my headaches are gone!

Unbelievable difference with the hooker catback. The 2000rpm range sounds absolutely mild now. In the past I was the "I want it loud guy" but after daily driving the thing with all those mods with the gmmg I was getting sick.

Ellis knows how it sounds like to be in my car on the freeway for more than 15 minutes. Driving to TJ wong and back was a challenge to our ears.

I still have the low pitched rumble with the hooker, it's just so much more smooth and quiet inside of the car. I'm sticking with this setup now.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Very cool! I bet it still sounds Awesome! and now you can hear yourself think!

I had to use my block off plates in my Borla because my car was too loud..I like it loud myself, but I don't think my neighbors liked it, and the local cops were eyeing me all the time..so I settled with a Medium loud
Old 09-14-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*****! I drove mine everyday and put on a lot more mileage. The sound is what I miss more than anything about my old car. I had no problems listening to anything on the highway and I had 4:11's too. Everyone is different. Sorry to hear that your car does not sound as badass anymore after all that work.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6freak
I know, I know.... lots of people will think I'm crazy by ditching the GMMG but aaahhhh... I can hear the passenger now, I can hear music again, I can talk on the phone again and........... my headaches are gone!

Unbelievable difference with the hooker catback. The 2000rpm range sounds absolutely mild now. In the past I was the "I want it loud guy" but after daily driving the thing with all those mods with the gmmg I was getting sick.

Ellis knows how it sounds like to be in my car on the freeway for more than 15 minutes. Driving to TJ wong and back was a challenge to our ears.

I still have the low pitched rumble with the hooker, it's just so much more smooth and quiet inside of the car. I'm sticking with this setup now.
I'd love to hear it, how about bringing it out to BR on the 23rd? lol
Old 09-14-2005, 01:16 AM
12 Second Club

And here I am wishin I had the money to buy that GMMG off ya and keep her local lol
Old 09-14-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Veteran

The hooker catback is probably the best one out there for performance and for keeping things somewhat mild at idle. I almost bought that one, before I decided to take a chance on the Rumbler when TSP first brought that out...

I wish I had gotten the Hooker actually, since it would be nice if things were a bit more mild at cruise.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:16 AM
TECH Regular

i still need to remove my cats

my car is too quiet.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I like my hooker

I've had mine for almost 4 years now. Mine has a rattle now, but I think that's more of rubbing against heat shields than the catback itself. I got it before they had the SS tips, and some of the chrome coating has flaked off. I might get new tips someday.

Back in KS when I went to the drag strip, I'd unbolt the muffler and tailpipes and run it like that. Sounds like poo, but its like a free cut out and you save probably 50 lbs.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Very cool! I bet it still sounds Awesome! and now you can hear yourself think!

I had to use my block off plates in my Borla because my car was too loud..I like it loud myself, but I don't think my neighbors liked it, and the local cops were eyeing me all the time..so I settled with a Medium loud
Yours is perfect steph loud on the outside and quiet on the inside.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Electric cutout solves all the problems, I'm telling you..
Old 09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

So what did you do with your GMMG????
Old 09-14-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

It's in my garage, I have to clean it and I will sell it.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ram-it
*****! I drove mine everyday and put on a lot more mileage. The sound is what I miss more than anything about my old car. I had no problems listening to anything on the highway and I had 4:11's too. Everyone is different. Sorry to hear that your car does not sound as badass anymore after all that work.
Eric, you should have driven my car after the heads/cam/headers etc... It was really nice, I am not denying it but I couldn't take this car on the freeway at 70~75 anymore. I was absolutely annoyed by the drone. It was LOUD and the specific frequency of that drone was shaking my brains out of my head. At this point I really don't care how my car sounds to others, after all I have to live with it every day. It's a somewhat sleeper now and I like it. Have you watched the video right after the installs? It was 10x louder in person.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

It's in my garage, I have to clean it and I will sell it.
Hhhmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-14-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

GMMG sold - anyone interested on the hooker tips? $92 shipped, $80 local pick up.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like my "drone" lol...wouldnt trade it for the world!

i know the loudness isnt for everyone though, and im glad you found a catback that you like...sweet car man!

Jon

Last edited by SilverStreak1830; 09-14-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

You should have just got a nice mild setup like my QTP/ORP/Borla combo
Old 09-14-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eric, you should have driven my car after the heads/cam/headers etc... It was really nice, I am not denying it but I couldn't take this car on the freeway at 70~75 anymore. I was absolutely annoyed by the drone. It was LOUD and the specific frequency of that drone was shaking my brains out of my head. At this point I really don't care how my car sounds to others, after all I have to live with it every day. It's a somewhat sleeper now and I like it. Have you watched the video right after the installs? It was 10x louder in person.
After the work was done to my car. The sound turned from a Low growl to a aggressive growl, and still maintained low interior noise except when top is down.Ellis decided to keep the flowmaster catback 40 series mufflers on it after he added headers and removed the factory cats.I'm glad he did
Old 09-14-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

You did WHAT!???
lol j/k.

If it is not for you then it is not for you, but man I dont think I could ever get rid of my GMMG. Even if the cops don't like it! After my cam went in my car litterly rumbles. I like it!

Eric, if you ever miss the sound sooo much that you want to trade for a week just let me know.

Quick Reply: The DRONE is 100% GONE !!