Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Turbo on stock Silverado 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool STS Turbo on stock Silverado 5.3L

As the title says. A friend just started selling the STS Turbos and so he bought one himself to have to show potential customers. I helped him install it on his stock 05 Silverado Ext. cab. He is running 5-6 PSI and just had it dyno tuned to 423RWHP (consevative daily driver). I should have bought an STS for my car ...Holy crap.

We are installing one on a Cadillac Escalade this weekend .

I am interested to see how that turns out.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good. STS has a lot of loyal followers and a lot of haters from what I have seen here. I like it for ease of installation and price, but have some concerns with the oiling system from what I have read. I guess time will be the greatest judge, but I wouldn't rule out installing a kit some day.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

His buddy installed one on his LS1 TA (stock) and put down 505RWHP.
Old 09-15-2005, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

Alright, well Mark got some #'s for the WS6 and the Truck! The truck was first to come on the dyno and the first thing to come off where the injectors... were 14-1 a/f lol ouch, changed out the injectors with some 44# got the a/f to about 11-0. The truck was a frigging beast on the dyno... stopped at 423rwhp and 444lbs of torque. This is at 6psi.
We put the WS6 on and started at 380rwhp and then finished it up at 432rwhp 446lbs of torque. Already this has been a long 9 hour day but since the TA had two more options on it such as a boost controller and a methanol kit already installed and ready to go we decided to do two more pulls... So for sh*ts a giggles we flipped the switches, brought the boost up to 8 psi. The guy at Diablo gets on it brings it up to about 4500 rpm and shuts it down... They let off because the red light came on for some reason on the methanol system! They got a little scared! On the graph we saw 480rwhp with 500+ torque. They did one more pull, the methanol kit worked great this run. The car was screaming and we got a final pull of 508rwhp and 548lbs of torque. After all was said and done I feel we had a great day! It was hot and humid the whole day. So later on we just might get some better #'s. Other then that I just wanted to share this with you all. STS is pushing some good #'s and fast spool up. If anyone is interested in one or knows someone have them give me a call or PM me.
By the way the Staff at Diablo was amazing! I would recommend them and there product to anyone!

Last edited by ExceSSive; 09-15-2005 at 04:00 PM.

Quick Reply: STS Turbo on stock Silverado 5.3L