Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Traction Control logic

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control logic

Does anyone know if the traction control on F-bodies can be set in the OFF position when the car is started rather than the default on position? Can the CAGS light be programed to light as a shift light?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

You can buy the SLP module for $50 that reverses the TC....
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cags light can be reprogramed for a launch light, that's what I have done. You can see it with your periferial vision. You may have problems with using it as a shift light, though, and even a launch light. When I did a thread on this in tune section f-body guys were having problems, but I can't remember what it was. HP Tuners is how I did mine, many parameters to play with. Ther is a spot to turn on shift light, then I disabled all gears except 1st, if I remember correctly. I have it set at 3800rpm now, but am going to change it to 5500rpm. you might check tune sect and see if you can find the thread, I may have started it?
Robert
Old 09-15-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
You can buy the SLP module for $50 that reverses the TC....
Old 09-15-2005, 11:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
I have it and I love it. Take about 4 seconds to install and works like a charm for disabling the TCS......I have a Raptor shift light so I never bothered to program it in.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I have it and I love it. Take about 4 seconds to install and works like a charm for disabling the TCS......I have a Raptor shift light so I never bothered to program it in.
It only takes about 2 seconds to push it to off...
Until John gets the hang of driving/racing it might be best to leave the TC the way it is. When he's ready we'll change it over unless I've lost it and *I* need to keep it for awhile.

Naw, that'll never happen.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Teching In

I like the launch light idea Robert. Thanks.

The SLP module sounds like a no brainer although installations sounds pretty complicated for me.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoghouSSe Dude
Does anyone know if the traction control on F-bodies can be set in the OFF position when the car is started rather than the default on position? Can the CAGS light be programed to light as a shift light?
At first I noticed that I would have to turn if off evertime I started the car. But its not always like that. Sometimes when I start the car it remains turned off. Is there a memory ?
Old 09-16-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

The SLP module sounds like a no brainer although installations sounds pretty complicated for me.
Complicated? Plug it in, turn on the key for 15 sec, turn it off for 15 sec, you're done. I think even YOU can get this one.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
It only takes about 2 seconds to push it to off...
Until John gets the hang of driving/racing it might be best to leave the TC the way it is. When he's ready we'll change it over unless I've lost it and *I* need to keep it for awhile.

Naw, that'll never happen.
That's 2 seconds I don't have to waste when I start my car.

You were kidding, right?

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
At first I noticed that I would have to turn if off evertime I started the car. But its not always like that. Sometimes when I start the car it remains turned off. Is there a memory ?
Mine does it once in a while but I think it is if you try to fire the car up before the module is set (about the same time for the fuel pump to warm up/set and the shift light to stop flashing)
Old 09-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Teching In

You were kidding, right?

Yup. sounds easier than the anti CAGS module I plugged into the transmission.

Mark, which muffler tip does it plug into???
Old 09-16-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

I was referring to the TC module. You take the switch out of the dash & plug the SLP module into the back of it....I don't have enough pedals in my car to know anything about CAGS.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Teching In

How long have you had your car? I just turn it off every time I start the ignition. It's like second nature now.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Before I put my module in I ALWAYS forgot to turn it off Maybe this is just for older people ? lol !
Old 09-18-2005, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robert56
Cags light can be reprogramed for a launch light, that's what I have done. You can see it with your periferial vision. You may have problems with using it as a shift light, though, and even a launch light. When I did a thread on this in tune section f-body guys were having problems, but I can't remember what it was. HP Tuners is how I did mine, many parameters to play with. Ther is a spot to turn on shift light, then I disabled all gears except 1st, if I remember correctly. I have it set at 3800rpm now, but am going to change it to 5500rpm. you might check tune sect and see if you can find the thread, I may have started it?
Robert
I want to see this... I found some discussions of the possibility of using it, but no actual implementation.

I'd love to have a launch light as it's hard to watch tach, starter, tree and the blonde in the bleachers all at once!
Old 09-18-2005, 01:17 PM
12 Second Club

I tried enabling the shift light yesterday with the controls and nothing lit up so I don't think on the F-bodies it relates the "shift light" with the cags light as it does in the corvettes
Old 09-18-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rookiels1
I tried enabling the shift light yesterday with the controls and nothing lit up so I don't think on the F-bodies it relates the "shift light" with the cags light as it does in the corvettes
I assume you have your gags disabled? i'll try and take a look and give a step by step on how I did it. I also use a pillar mount shift light, but actually watch the tach when shifting and ignore the Raptor.
Robert

Quick Reply: Traction Control logic