PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will coolant in exhaust kill o2 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will coolant in exhaust kill o2 sensors?

I had my heads milled before installing them and to make a long story short I had trouble with the head gaskets leaking. well I now have it up and running but am getting a ses light that come on for a while and then will shut off for a while. and seem to be getting very bad fuel mileage. I haven't got it scanned yet but from what I read it sounds like it could be the o2 sensors. I was wondering if the coolant that leaked in to the cylinders could kill the o2 sensors?
thanks for any help
Old 09-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

update, I just had it scanned at autozone. The ses light was not on when they scanned it but it did show p0175 and p0172 bank one and bank two rich.
I just completed a ton of mods all at once; stage 2 heads, mti T1 cam 221/221, lt's, ory, corsa cat back, 2800 stall, shift kit, fast 90 intake, nw tb, 85mm lid & maf, smooth bellows, k&n. plus 12 bolt & suspension. I sent the pcm to MTI for a tune for all of these mods. do you think my problem is in the tune or a faulty part?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

you definately need a tune.i have less mods as you can see in my sig and they affected the performance.get the tune and see what happens after that.

Quick Reply: Will coolant in exhaust kill o2 sensors?