Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Careful who you race.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Careful who you race.......

Saw a gorgeous white LS1 Camaro on I-5 today..........it was pulled off the side of the road.....behind another car.....and the Camaro had allllll kindsa flashing lights on the front and back.....and tinted side windows....and the RS body kit.......and NO spotlights, markings, etc to let ya know it was a cop car. I am guessing it was WSP but it was on the opposite side of the road and I went by too quick to see who the cop worked for.

Just a friendly warning to all y'all who like to play.

Last edited by Rottluver; 09-15-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

hehe probably WSP I've had him fly up next to me before on 167 sit next to me then gun it and hit the lights.

I guess Shoreline doesn't like how loud my car is Cop stopped by and asked who drove my car and the guy he asked said I wasn't there. not what I would've done, would've just asked what he needed *shrug* I have nothin to hide. I've been good about speed limits... lately... gas is too pricey not to

Last edited by rookiels1; 09-15-2005 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol Ya here in Olympia lacey you have to watch for the Red Viper they have here
Old 09-16-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
lol Ya here in Olympia lacey you have to watch for the Red Viper they have here
No wonder they have no Budget Money!

The WSP's drive all kinds of cars now, I've seen a Volvo, an SUV, the camaro...and I know there are more than that..
Old 09-16-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car attracts no attention... I think I must have the optional Chevrolet Rally Red Stealth paint.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

I always watch out. I have a police magnet on the back of my car...anytime I see a car on my butt at night and decide to get into the slow lane it ends up being a WSP car. We have a Chevy Tahoe's(with tinted windows), Intrepids, old early 90's crown victoria, etc I see all the time in the Gig Harbor/Bremerton area
Old 09-16-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah just about every time I make the trip up to Bellingham I see that B4C Camaro with someone pulled over near north Everett.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
No wonder they have no Budget Money!

The WSP's drive all kinds of cars now, I've seen a Volvo, an SUV, the camaro...and I know there are more than that..
yea tell me about it, I had a friend that got caught by the viper but the viper was reving its engine at my buddy so he is going to court to try to get it over with. kind of an entrament type thing.

They also have a BIG Chevy SUV ( something like a tahoe or something along that lines) thats totally unmarked as well
Old 09-16-2005, 06:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Poik
Yeah just about every time I make the trip up to Bellingham I see that B4C Camaro with someone pulled over near north Everett.
That car has been around for awhile and its his flight line, south Everett to Mt Vernon is where I used to see him most often. That is one easy car to spot.

The SUV is copper color from what I remember, he didn't catch me doing anything wrong while sitting like a snake in the grass under an overpass.
The guy behind me climbing up my *** wasn't so lucky but thats how I knew it was a WSP.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rotwiler
I always watch out. I have a police magnet on the back of my car...anytime I see a car on my butt at night and decide to get into the slow lane it ends up being a WSP car. We have a Chevy Tahoe's(with tinted windows), Intrepids, old early 90's crown victoria, etc I see all the time in the Gig Harbor/Bremerton area
I see that intrepid all the time. Luckily I don't really speed, and I know what to look for.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Teching In

A state patrol neighbor told me of one of the white Camaros adventures. Apparantly some unsuspecting Mustang pulled next to him on the freeway revved and nailed the gas. The patrol just followed him as he accelerated. At 145mph Officer Camaro decided it was time to turn on the lights. End of race.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoghouSSe Dude
A state patrol neighbor told me of one of the white Camaros adventures. Apparantly some unsuspecting Mustang pulled next to him on the freeway revved and nailed the gas. The patrol just followed him as he accelerated. At 145mph Officer Camaro decided it was time to turn on the lights. End of race.
Damn, that's just plain mean!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Teching In

I talked to this guy at the All Camaro Show at Bellevue CC a few years ago. He seems to enjoy his work. This guy gets to do what almost amounts to street racing, never gets a ticket and always wins. To bad us F-body drivers can't get deputized and help out!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would think a good lawyer would be able to help him out, cause you would think the cop should turn on the lights as soon as he decided he was going to pull him over, not when we got up to 145 mph....that is putting more people in danger by "letting" him get up to that speed.

My dad is a state trooper back in KS, and he had a fox body mustang several years ago. It had lights on it and decals, but at that time it was one of the first non CrownVic/Caprice/Diplomat on the road tehre. Oh yeah, his first car was a Dodge Diplomat that he said he could get up to 122 downhill with the wind pushing him
Old 09-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I would think a good lawyer would be able to help him out, cause you would think the cop should turn on the lights as soon as he decided he was going to pull him over, not when we got up to 145 mph....that is putting more people in danger by "letting" him get up to that speed.

My dad is a state trooper back in KS, and he had a fox body mustang several years ago. It had lights on it and decals, but at that time it was one of the first non CrownVic/Caprice/Diplomat on the road tehre. Oh yeah, his first car was a Dodge Diplomat that he said he could get up to 122 downhill with the wind pushing him
We had a 79 Diplomat, was a very nice car never any trouble.
Hey I passed a cop the other day. He was going 55 in a 55 I passed him at 60, no trouble.. it was a clear day with light traffic, reasonable speed law I guess plus it would have been thrown out..written up at 5 mph over lol I dont think so, but you never know. I never looked at him while passing him, didnt even notice him until the spot light, are they smaller now? anyway I was doing about 97 when I came up on him, only reason I knew he was there is the line of cars following him affraid to pass. So I took the chance. It was a cat and mouse pass. He would speed up a little but I held at 60 even until the deed was done then put the directional on and got in front of him. Never pulled away from him but I did speed up the line of cars. He made it a point to speed up when I turned off, to make the turn look like I was cutting him off or something I figure but it was too late, I had the distance needed to turn without affecting him. Cops are a funny breed. I swear sometimes they let me go because of the respect for the car and then other times I think its the stealthy black paint. I've seen that Volvo, had him pull up beside me before as well. I was speeding right before that, I think he wanted to run me when he pulled up but I wasnt buying. He then pulled over a car in front of me. Lucky again I guess.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I talked to this guy at the All Camaro Show at Bellevue CC a few years ago. He seems to enjoy his work. This guy gets to do what almost amounts to street racing, never gets a ticket and always wins. To bad us F-body drivers can't get deputized and help out!!!
hey that was one of the First All Camaro shows I went to with the club lol. One of our cops i the club got to drive the one from Detrot around.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I see that intrepid all the time. Luckily I don't really speed, and I know what to look for.
Have you seen those crazy speed traps they do from Gig Harbor to Bremerton, 1 state patrol out of his car on the overpass with a radar gun, 1/2 mile up the road 6 state patrol cars waiting to pull whoever the guy on the overpass calls over to tell them was speeding. Keeps the fear in me driving through there. I didn't even see the guy on the overpass until I was under it and my wife said something, he was crouched down and all you could see was a head and the radar gun. Ya, the Intrepid is burgandy and about a 2003 model, the old crown vic is blue and looks like a old auction type police car, but the guy driving is always in full uniform, the Tahoe, seen a Black one with really dark windows and a white one(the lights are hidden behind the windows since they are so dark). .
Old 09-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Launching!

I saw a tan colored Chevy Siverado extended cab pickup a couple of weeks ago with someone pulled over on I-90. Rear lights were low in the back window and would have been shielded by the seat back from most unsuspecting drivers. Front Lights were mounted to the forward side of the rear view mirror. No markings and the driver was inside writing up the ticket so I could not see if it was the sheriff or the WSP.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Have you seen those crazy speed traps they do from Gig Harbor to Bremerton, 1 state patrol out of his car on the overpass with a radar gun, 1/2 mile up the road 6 state patrol cars waiting to pull whoever the guy on the overpass calls over to tell them was speeding. Keeps the fear in me driving through there. I didn't even see the guy on the overpass until I was under it and my wife said something, he was crouched down and all you could see was a head and the radar gun. Ya, the Intrepid is burgandy and about a 2003 model, the old crown vic is blue and looks like a old auction type police car, but the guy driving is always in full uniform, the Tahoe, seen a Black one with really dark windows and a white one(the lights are hidden behind the windows since they are so dark). .

They actually do that in a lot of places...A good one I noticed is where they sit on the onramp and when you go under the overpass they see you coming, when you go by they radar you and are in your rear view before you know it..
Old 09-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oregon isn't as devious with it's unmarked as Washington. I think you have more cops per person as well. But your speed limits are higher as well. What would be a 55 here is a 60 right across the river from me. I guess its a trade off.