Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head gasket question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default head gasket question.

Hello yall somhow one of my head gasket was misplaced during the swap. I called one of my buddies and he said he got a set of new head gaskets but its been torqued down on before with the heads but never ran. He told me they look new and i could run them if i want. I want to know if this okay? I also called a local dealer and the only part numbers they got is 122558809 and 12448810 not sure if it will work on 98.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:45 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

Although your buddy's gasket might last forever on your enigne, since it has been torqued down once and taken a shape to the contours of the other engine, I would just buy a new one and not take a chance on leakage. I've bought OEM gaskets and other stuff from partszoneonline.com really reasonably before. Also, check your local parts jobbers for the Fel Pro 9284PT. Summit Racing has them too for $23.00.

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...0&autoview=sku

A bunch of our sponsors carry GM, Fel Pro, and Cometic at reasonable costs.

Don't skimp on the head gasket even though it's tempting!

All my best,

Steve
Old 09-17-2005, 09:02 PM
11 Second Club

I just came back from the dealrship and the guy told me there that he had them on the phone but when i went there a young boy working there told me they dont carry those gaskets. I was very pissed. I guess i gotta wait till next weekend to do the install.

Quick Reply: head gasket question.