Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

who all has made their own alky/meth kits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who all has made their own alky/meth kits?

Well,
I was looking at making my own meth kit possibly, and was wondering how many on here have done it, and what components did you use?

I know KP made his own, so I was interested to see, how much less it was compared to buying a snow orthe like kit.

Thanks
ed
Firebird455@gmail.com
Old 09-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Also interested in making my own kit. If any one has a parts list that would be awsome.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A DIY kit won't be much cheaper, but at least you know how it's built and it will be custom made to fit your needs.
Look at my homepage for my DIY, plus those links:

http://www.dawesdevices.com/water.html
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html
http://www.netma.fi/jouko/saab/performance.html
http://users.frii.com/maphill/wi.html
http://members.***.net/stevemonroe/AlcoholInjMod.html
Old 09-18-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kp is not running any meth system. I have tried talking him into it several times though.

Here's mine , I use a shurflo pump mounted low near behind the pass side fog light, the windshield reservoir is modded for a feed and return line and I use stainless braided pvc line. The hard parts I machined myself since home metal machining is now my other hobby interest.
It uses twin custom made 11GPH nozzles, and a very trick pressure regulator I designed and machined that increases alcohol flow in proportion to boost from 45psi to 160psi that is very tunable.
Steve
Attached Thumbnails who all has made their own alky/meth kits?-picture-081.jpg   who all has made their own alky/meth kits?-picture-284.jpg   who all has made their own alky/meth kits?-picture-306.jpg  
Old 09-18-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

dont want to machine some more parts for another system like that do you?

I must have had you and KP confused

sorry
ed
Old 09-18-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S_J_H
Kp is not running any meth system. I have tried talking him into it several times though.

Here's mine , I use a shurflo pump mounted low near behind the pass side fog light, the windshield reservoir is modded for a feed and return line and I use stainless braided pvc line. The hard parts I machined myself since home metal machining is now my other hobby interest.
It uses twin custom made 11GPH nozzles, and a very trick pressure regulator I designed and machined that increases alcohol flow in proportion to boost from 45psi to 160psi that is very tunable.
Steve
WOW, That's nice! Will you make me one? Does it increase flow with boost presser, how does that work?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The machining is done by hand operation and not cnc. So it's very time consuming and I could not charge enough to justify my time spent on it for profit.
I just do this on my spare time as a hobby interest.

For the last 4 years I just used easily available parts such as found in the links above. They do work very good.

Steve
Old 09-18-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

well next time your in the garage hacing "fun" once your done send it to me.

ed
Old 09-18-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW, That's nice! Will you make me one? Does it increase flow with boost presser, how does that work?
It's basically a pneumatic needle valve installed in the fluid return side.
As boost builds, air pressure acts upon an internal spring loaded piston which begins to move the needle into the seat restricting flow back to the reservoir. This raises pressure to the nozzles. The needle has no real surface area for the fluid pressure to act against, so it only takes small amounts of air pressure to shut down fluid flows over 200psi.
It is adjustable for initial pressure, max pressure and rate of gain.
It has a replaceable stainless needle and seat and the rest is of 6061-t6 aluminum and brass.
I was going to make a post about it but sort of thought it was of little interest to others. I wanted progressive control without electronically manipulating pump speed and this my solution.
Valves like this are used in industry for high precision metering. I suspect they are expensive though.

Steve
Old 09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S_J_H
It's basically a pneumatic needle valve installed in the fluid return side.
As boost builds, air pressure acts upon an internal spring loaded piston which begins to move the needle into the seat restricting flow back to the reservoir. This raises pressure to the nozzles. The needle has no real surface area for the fluid pressure to act against, so it only takes small amounts of air pressure to shut down fluid flows over 200psi.
It is adjustable for initial pressure, max pressure and rate of gain.
It has a replaceable stainless needle and seat and the rest is of 6061-t6 aluminum and brass.
I was going to make a post about it but sort of thought it was of little interest to others. I wanted progressive control without electronically manipulating pump speed and this my solution.
Valves like this are used in industry for high precision metering. I suspect they are expensive though.

Steve
Cool, that's how I thought it would work, kind of like the Vortec FMU, they do the same thing only they are for fuel pressure and use a diafram. Look like you've spent a lot of time R&D this to get it working right

Quick Reply: who all has made their own alky/meth kits?