Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New plate systems,Have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 10:48 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default New plate systems,Have some questions...

How do these compare to a nozzle in the Maf tube?Does this plate type atomize better?No dripping from the plate and into the intake after u engage the spray?I'm looking at the NOS and the Nitrous wearhouse one in particular..

Any info/testing/results/ etc....
Old 09-24-2005, 12:57 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Anyone????
Old 09-24-2005, 02:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The nitrous plates have better cylinder to cylinder distribution which results in more power at a safer air/fuel ratio.

Jessie
Old 09-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Launching!

IMO the only possible problem I could see with the plate systems would be a distribution problem with the first 2 cylinders(similar to the problem with putting a single nozzle to close to the throttle body). But I guess it would really come down to what kind of pattern the nozzles were producing. I'm sure NXRicky or Dave would have the best answer for this question. I do think that they are cool and provide a very neat and clean solution to nitrous applications.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:01 PM
JS
10 Second Club

There supposed to be better than a nozzle or the maf type systems...
It sprays threw the plate in a unique way as to not cause distribution problems

NOS seems to have nice kit,Dave what about your kit?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Addict

I just starting running a Compucar 4150 N20 plate on my car. I went with the GM War carb style intake manifold with the plate, a Wilson 4 barrell throttle body and a low pressure stand alone fuel system for the juice. The plate is old school, it uses 2 brass tubes one over the other with about 64 spray holes per bar. So far distribution is good with all cylinders running fairly close to same temps and all the plugs looking good. Made 2 bottle passes last night both 6.5X's in the 1/8th testing the system.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:17 AM
11 Second Club

Nitro Dave's new plate looks interesting.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Launching!

ttt

I'm curious about this as well.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Ok yall got me interested enough to call and ask Mr. Dave. He told me the plate has 12 discharge holes, not just 2 like the nos plate or that other thing floating around the web..
He did tell me the testing was not completed yet. Since he buys NX parts for his kits I know the compoents I have been sending him (solenoids, jets and lines) are of the same quality as all NX stuff.

Right now Dave is totally slammed with pm and email for his money maker system, other wise I am sure he would have answered... I will bug him tommorrow about this and see how far along he is..
Sorry for the lack of info thats all he had time to tell me about it...
Ricky
Old 09-28-2005, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

Sorry guys,
We have been slammed.
Ok I personaly have not liked and of the plates on the market.Here is why.The current plates on the market are desighned to spray towards the bach of the intake plenum.The problems we have experienced from this is that the front two cyclinders are so close.I have delt with many customers that were having tunning issues and zaping plugs with these current LT1 desighnes.If the LT1 guys were having that problem so would the LS1 guys.We started kicking the idea of the nitrous Plate around over a year ago.However we wanted a desighn that would work properly and not like the current desighns. Here is where the advantage is with our desighn. If you look at the discharge holes in our plate.They are desighned to spray across he intake throat from one side to the other.The discharge fogging the area behind the throttle body.The Nitrous and fuel combo will then be pulled into the intake plenum flowing with the airflow.
Thanks
Dave
Old 09-28-2005, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JS
There supposed to be better than a nozzle or the maf type systems...
It sprays threw the plate in a unique way as to not cause distribution problems

NOS seems to have nice kit,Dave what about your kit?
Ok,
I would not say that the plate desighn is better than the single nozzle or maff kit.Both those desighnes work great. I would say that the plate is better than the current plates available.
Thanks
Dave
Old 09-28-2005, 08:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I personally have not test the other brand plates so I will not comment. I will say that a lot of design went into the spray pattern of the NOS plate and it is not a just a two hole standard design. The NOS plate uses a slot and hole design, that was designed for the LS1 intake design and provides excellent distribution. Until I have tested the other plates to back it up I'll let customers decide what they like.

Jessie