Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered fan temps - now they stay on 3-4 mins after its shut off

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Lowered fan temps - now they stay on 3-4 mins after its shut off

I had my fan temps lowered some because it was still running hot in stop and go traffic w/the 160 and the temps lowered a lil, so they are slightly lower now, and now after it gets to 180-90ish after i shut it off the fans continue to run for about 4 more mins, is this a problem? why dont they shut off right away?
Old 09-24-2005, 08:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

depends on how the tuner set it up...i usually ask the person if they want them to stay on...mainly a track purpose thing...kinda defeats the need for a fan switch. Its in the programming and for the most part is perfectly normal...if you dont like it go back to the tuner & have them set the turn off temp higher & you'll be set.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't want to adjust the temp for the fans to remain running with teh vehicle off, unless you really want that adjusted. I normally just lower the normal fan temps.

Ryan
Old 09-25-2005, 08:17 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by slow
You don't want to adjust the temp for the fans to remain running with teh vehicle off, unless you really want that adjusted. I normally just lower the normal fan temps.

Ryan
like i said its personal preference and you could always set it for a shorter amount of time, say 30-60 seconds...all depends on what the person wants. I wouldnt set it up like that unless the person wanted it though.