Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is going in for a tune soon... lil nervous

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Car is going in for a tune soon... lil nervous

My car is going in for a tune on wednesday and it makes me a little nervous since it has 131k on it im worried something may go bad, is there anything i should do before it goes in? Will she be ok? It does have a rear main leak, but the shop is fixing that before they strap it up
Old 09-24-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

are all your hoses and gaskets in good shape.

ive had both of my cars on dynos with no problems.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive seen several high mileage ls1 make some sick power. as long as thy are well maintained you should not have anything to worry about. with it being a 98 though that was one of the years the oil pimps went out so just keep an eye on that oip press. and have fun
Old 09-25-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys, might be a stupid question, but hell I cant find anything on it. What exactly is a "tune" and what does it help your car in ?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedWS.6
Ive seen several high mileage ls1 make some sick power. as long as thy are well maintained you should not have anything to worry about. with it being a 98 though that was one of the years the oil pimps went out so just keep an eye on that oip press. and have fun
Its an LS6 pump, it shoudl be good

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
Ok guys, might be a stupid question, but hell I cant find anything on it. What exactly is a "tune" and what does it help your car in ?
A dyno tune (what we are talking about) is when a shop with a chassis dyno strap the car up and make many pulls adjusting timing, fuel, and other aspects to get the car to make its best power, it just helps you car make more power and depending on how you want it, improving drivability/fuel economy
Old 09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK i really hope this is not a stupid question, but is it posable to get my car tuned without putting her on the dyno? Can they edit things out and tune it for my headers and such with out the dyno?
thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver z28
OK i really hope this is not a stupid question, but is it posable to get my car tuned without putting her on the dyno? Can they edit things out and tune it for my headers and such with out the dyno?
thanks
Yeah you can, some places like HPE do mail order tuning. I guess the only downside about tuning w/out putting it on a dyno is you will have to tune conservative so your car doesnt run too lean.

Quick Reply: Car is going in for a tune soon... lil nervous