Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thanks, Race-prep!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Thanks, Race-prep!

The guys at Race-prep did a pretty good job on my car today. Cool bunch of guys you got workin with ya, Bryan. I enjoyed hangin out w/ you guys. I was kinda impressed you guys took as much time as you did to get the tune just right. We didn't get the gains we were looking for but the HP was high to begin with *cough* it was the Tornado, I SWEAR!!! *cough* lol. The tune made my car MUCH 'happier'. She runs great now - I think even downshifts better too and... the AC blows colder??? - I must be loosin it lol. Well, thanks to everyone who worked on my car and thanks to (can't remember his name) the dude that loves smoke shows lol... that's one PISSED GMC he's got! Hahah. The final results of the tune can be seen in my sig. Other than the tune, we replaced the spark plugs (which were FRIED!!! ), installed a new ported TB and a new 80mm MAF... the thing gulps in the air pretty good now... time to get rid of the EGR. Sorry for the terrible structure of this compositon... I'm pretty dam tired - it's been a long day with 400 miles of driving round trip. What I'm trying to say is Thanks, Bryan, and all the guys at Race-Prep for doing a good job on my car.

Peace!
-The Black Tornado!

OH yah - one more quick thing - one thing that they don't tell you about their tunes at Race-prep: it includes this REALLY heavy lead plate that gets stuck to the bottom of your right foot... DAM that think will KILL your gas mileage! I think I got like maby 9 on the way home... hahahah!

Last edited by GTObsessor; 09-24-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Resident

Here are some pics from the tuning session and a vid of one of the final pulls.

Dyno Run
Attached Thumbnails Thanks, Race-prep!-tuning-001.jpg   Thanks, Race-prep!-tuning-003.jpg   Thanks, Race-prep!-tuning-004.jpg   Thanks, Race-prep!-tuning-005.jpg   Thanks, Race-prep!-tuning-006.jpg  

Old 09-24-2005, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

nice, sounds like she got some well needed love!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:00 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
The guys at Race-prep did a pretty good job on my car today. Cool bunch of guys you got workin with ya, Bryan. I enjoyed hangin out w/ you guys. I was kinda impressed you guys took as much time as you did to get the tune just right. We didn't get the gains we were looking for but the HP was high to begin with *cough* it was the Tornado, I SWEAR!!! *cough* lol. The tune made my car MUCH 'happier'. She runs great now - I think even downshifts better too and... the AC blows colder??? - I must be loosin it lol. Well, thanks to everyone who worked on my car and thanks to (can't remember his name) the dude that loves smoke shows lol... that's one PISSED GMC he's got! Hahah. The final results of the tune can be seen in my sig. Other than the tune, we replaced the spark plugs (which were FRIED!!! ), installed a new ported TB and a new 80mm MAF... the thing gulps in the air pretty good now... time to get rid of the EGR. Sorry for the terrible structure of this compositon... I'm pretty dam tired - it's been a long day with 400 miles of driving round trip. What I'm trying to say is Thanks, Bryan, and all the guys at Race-Prep for doing a good job on my car.

Peace!
-The Black Tornado!

OH yah - one more quick thing - one thing that they don't tell you about their tunes at Race-prep: it includes this REALLY heavy lead plate that gets stuck to the bottom of your right foot... DAM that think will KILL your gas mileage! I think I got like maby 9 on the way home... hahahah!

Thanks Ryan,
We really enjoy this stuff as much as you do! Nothing like making more POWER! Glad you are happy with the work and now get to the track and take 2 or 3 more 10ths off your E.T.!!

-Bryan
Old 09-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Nice bro!! Sounds like they took good care of ya!!
Old 09-26-2005, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01black
Nice bro!! Sounds like they took good care of ya!!
Very. Bryan's got a good bunch of guys workin with him and his tuner knows his stuff. He had the new TB and MAF dialed in pretty much before they went in lol. I'd definately reccomend them.... as for my 1/4 mile time, my driving is so @$$ that there's no way other than down to go for that number lol.

Quick Reply: Thanks, Race-prep!