Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Why deal with a monsoon headache

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why deal with a monsoon headache

With all the great hu out there my question is why do we keep messing with a system like the monsoon that doesn't seem compatible with crap. I'm leaving Iraq in a few days and look forward to putting a good system in my 99' t/a. I read the sticky's and everyone seems either undecided or pissed off about the monsoon. does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well some of us have had multiple aftermarket HUs stolen (I'm up to 6), so I would rather use the stock HU (who's gonna want to steal that) and make it sound like a good aftermarket system, rather than deal with the headache, and hassle of having the aftermarket hu stolen (broken window, hacked up dash/wires, not to mention the insurance BS)
Old 09-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Not to mention that some of us like a system that actually fits the opening and doesn't look like a kid's video game. I have found that the Monsoon may not be the best system around but it's pretty good for a factory stereo and it suits my needs quite well. I'm not out to win a competition or shake out my windows with bass but just to have something decent to listen to on the road.

I'm not knocking putting a lot of money into an aftermarket system - it's just a matter of priorities and mine are elsewhere.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've never been big on stereos. I've only had a subwoofer in one car, my '05 Scion tC. It was the factory option subwoofer. Now that I have my TA, I'm happy with the Monsoon. It's missing the sail panel subs, so I'm going to throw the FAQ mentioned Rockfords in there and be done with it. Besides, if you put a big sub box in the back, you have to pull it out everytime you go to the track.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Teching In

I appreciate your advice. I didn't take into account broken windows from thieves. I just want a stereo that sounds great. i read a thread on jl w06's that fit fine with pics to prove it and they also used some xr series for the door and tweeters. This is probably the route i'll go. Semper Fi.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

theres also the fact that many of use got it to be a loud muscle car and dont care about the stereo system as long as you can hear the engine roar, i would take that over any stereo any day