Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know Ive asked this before...but i lost the thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I know Ive asked this before...but i lost the thread

So I made a jetting mistake today and ran super rich, no problems or anything but every time i want to re jet i have to pull the carb off to get to the fuel and nitrous jet holders. So what i am wondering is if i can move the jet holder to the solenoid side and just use a AN to NTP fitting on the plate?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

bump up
Old 09-26-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

if you can make a fitting to hold the jets closer to the solenoids, it will be fine.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:54 PM
11 Second Club

i cant but nos already does
Old 09-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cyipher
So I made a jetting mistake today and ran super rich, no problems or anything but every time i want to re jet i have to pull the carb off to get to the fuel and nitrous jet holders. So what i am wondering is if i can move the jet holder to the solenoid side and just use a AN to NTP fitting on the plate?
yes and NO...

Moving the jet can be done but tread lightly here... You do not want you jet to far away from those discharge holes... So lets say you have under 12" TOTAL your good..
Now the NO. You can not remove the fitting from the plate and install a 1/8 npt, that will not work.. the plate is tapped differently and you run a risk of breaking the fitting...

Here is the fix. IF your system is a single set of spray bars.
You will need a .136 jet for the plate (for sealing), and another bnut and sleeve..The HP jet will fit were the compression nut and farrel use to go in the outlet of your solenoid. You will have to flare that end of the stainless (remove the old compression stuff and throw into the tool box.) with the new bnut and sleeve installed... Now your connecting line should have the same looking ends female -3...
In this set up you are flowing a jet backwards..I have only done this on efi lightning spray bar set up.

After you make this change I would start with a smaller jet and work back up to the HP level you want to be at..

Hope this helps.
Ricky
Old 09-27-2005, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

sorry to be non specific on my first post, im actually using a nos spraybar with flex lines...what changes from your above statement

Old 09-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nos
OK then install a 1/8 npt x -3 fitting into the plate, and put that jet fitting into you noid outlet..
Your hose will need to be -3 on both ends for this to work.
Basicly just swap the plate and noid fittings around..

One thing to be worried about is now you flowing an nos jet backwards, I have no clue what that will do to the over all flow...

Those hoses look a little long, need to be kept as short as possible, and start small on your HP tune up..
And lets try to not let this get around me helping out the competition. lol
Ricky